IGNORED

dvd`s wont play

TOMSA

hi please can someone help bought some dvds from los , they play on pc but wont play on dvd player i has changed setting to multi region

any ideas please

alan from wales

When you put them in the PC do they play automatically or you clicking on a file?

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

got the same problem they play on pc no probs,won't play on philips dvd player,says cannot read ,maybe programed not to play copies?

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

If your dvd player is a different region then they won't play. You can download Anydvd and Clonedvd and reburn them as region free. Or some cheap no name dvd players are region free and play everything you throw in it.

When you put them in the PC do they play automatically or you clicking on a file?

hi thanks for reply ............. they play auto when put in pc

alan from wales

hi thanks for reply ............. they play auto when put in pc

In theory they should work. My guess is its a regional issue regardless of what you are setting your DVD player to. If you bought them from the 8 billion people walking up and selling them to you in Patts they are just bulk duplicating those things and one mistake in the master means its pushed out to every DVD and quality control isn't their strong business asset. On a side note I did end up banging a DVD selling TG. :D

If you are in real need to get them to play on a DVD player your best bet is to rip them using Handbrake and burn them back to DVD again but that's going to take you about an hour or more per DVD.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Could also be poor quality DVD disks, a DVD drive in a PC will be much more tolerant with lower quality disks whereas a DVD player may not be able to read it.

• 2 weeks later...

A frustrating factor of many DVD player manufacturers is they try to make them "legacy bound" and region bound. This is purely a greed construct and has nothing to do with functionality. You can often source a very specific "password" sequence entered via the remote that will completely unlock the device at this site:

http://www.afterdawn...1&oe=ISO-8859-1

As one example.

Because you have provided limited information on the hardware.....limited advice is provided.

In future serial No.s, Model No.s, etc will give you specific answers.

Edited by Newguy1967

If you have an xbox try it in that

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

• 1 month later...

There are two types of DVD discs, DVD-R and DVD+R, most DVD+R discs don't play in standard home DVD players unless they are DVD+R capable

Many current PCs have dual capable DVD -/+ R drives so that;s why they play in them

DVD-R disc is the standard type for most stand alone DVD players, check your if DVD player is DVD+R compliant, if it isn't try and find a friend with one which is and test there

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

I find the more expensive your DVD player, the less likely they are to play certain types of disks (especially those sold round town)..

Dont know why this is, but a 900 Baht DVD player will play everything.

I find the more expensive your DVD player, the less likely they are to play certain types of disks (especially those sold round town)..

Dont know why this is, but a 900 Baht DVD player will play everything.

Strange but very true

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif