IGNORED

International sim card

Tony59329

Hi Huys,

Just arrived in Bangkok and have to make some business calls to the USA. ( about five 10 minute calls per week ) Is there any particular sim card that anyone can advise me to buy or is it a one card fits all deal?

Many thanks

You have a couple of options.

Is your phone unlocked? If so you can put a sim card in from DTAC or true and ask the people about the 1baht per minute option to call back to the US.

2. Do you have google voice? If so you can find a good internet connection and try that.

3. Buy a cheap thai phone 900 baht at tu com

You have a couple of options.

Is your phone unlocked? If so you can put a sim card in from DTAC or true and ask the people about the 1baht per minute option to call back to the US.

2. Do you have google voice? If so you can find a good internet connection and try that.

3. Buy a cheap thai phone 900 baht at tu com

Where/what is "tu com"?

Is the fastest,easiest way to get set up with a local mobile phone? Lets say you were arriving in BKK for the very first time early in the morning, jumping on a taxi to Patts and wanted to be set up with a phone first thing... something that you could use exclusively on your trips to Patts and simply turn off and store in-between... then fire it up and have all your contacts in place every time you roll into town. How would you go about it?

Thanks

Store your existing numbers to phone, then insert Thai sim, then your good to go ..bb

Except that I, like seeminly all of those of us here on this side of the pond, have an iphone and no access to the sim. Question really is where should I buy a cheap Thai phone and a sim card?

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the info.

I finally went to Tesco Lotus and bought a new in box Samsung phone for 499 baht and a 1 2 Call sim card ( which gives me my phone # ) for 99 baht and I am good to go.

Suprised how easy it was!!