IGNORED

Electronic visa to Aus

boydeste

Hi,

have they now stopped giving a visa stamp in the Thai girls passport to enter Australia for a holiday. The girl in question seems to have a letter stating that the visa will be checked electronically on entry. Her written English is not great so would like to ask you guys that know if this sounds right ?

What sort a visa is it? I believe tourist visa's (676/976) are still labelled, however a sponsored visa (679) may be electronic.

Make a call to DIAC for confirmation.

Just has a look at my TGF's passport and her TV is a separate document stating the type of visa,length of visa and start date.

Nothing electronic in the passport from what i can see.

Hi,

have they now stopped giving a visa stamp in the Thai girls passport to enter Australia for a holiday. The girl in question seems to have a letter stating that the visa will be checked electronically on entry. Her written English is not great so would like to ask you guys that know if this sounds right ?

Yes. It has been changed for many months. It's true that there is no more visa stamp or label on the Thai Passports if the visa is granted. The airline will confirm the visa record electronically when she check-in for her flight. It's a small piece of paper attached to the passport telling you 1. Tourist or Business Visitor visa is granted.

2. Single/multimple entry

3. The length of stay up to 1/3/6 months

4. Validity of visa for 1/3/12 months

The Grant ID will be given in that paper.

If the visa is refused, the applicant will still get a letter of refusal rather than that small piece of paper.

Yes. It has been changed for many months. It's true that there is no more visa stamp or label on the Thai Passports if the visa is granted. The airline will confirm the visa record electronically when she check-in for her flight. It's a small piece of paper attached to the passport telling you 1. Tourist or Business Visitor visa is granted.

2. Single/multimple entry

3. The length of stay up to 1/3/6 months

4. Validity of visa for 1/3/12 months

The Grant ID will be given in that paper.

If the visa is refused, the applicant will still get a letter of refusal rather than that small piece of paper.

Thanks for the reply's guys especially this one. She will be landing in Aus in about 1 hours time. It was a bit of a mad panic as she read what she thought was a ''no visa''. Her reading is not great and we were trying desperately to meet a time schedule for a flight. What it actually said was that there was no visa stamp in the passport, but her entry would be confirmed electronically on check in and arrival. We finally got her to an English guy who confirmed what was written and booked a flight for today. Assuming she made the connection at KL and has no problems with imigration, two very happy people will be travelling home in Aus in a couple of hours time.

Edit- All is well and she arrived as planned.

Edited by boydeste

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply's guys especially this one. She will be landing in Aus in about 1 hours time. It was a bit of a mad panic as she read what she thought was a ''no visa''. Her reading is not great and we were trying desperately to meet a time schedule for a flight. What it actually said was that there was no visa stamp in the passport, but her entry would be confirmed electronically on check in and arrival. We finally got her to an English guy who confirmed what was written and booked a flight for today. Assuming she made the connection at KL and has no problems with imigration, two very happy people will be travelling home in Aus in a couple of hours time.

Edit- All is well and she arrived as planned.

Great to here it !

How long did the approval of the visa take ?

Did she post it in ?

How in depth did you go with the supporting paper work ?

Just sent my Fiance all the paper work, just waiting for her to finish a few bits on her end and post it in.

Hope all the floods don't mess things up too much

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace-Countdown-Clocks&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/9.jpg&text=Trip%201%20status%20%3D%20Success%20%21%0DTrip%202%20status%20%3D%20Songkran%20%21&untilColor=16777215&textColor=16777215&datesColor=16777215&year=2011&month=3&day=11&hour=19&minute=30&second=10&x=-26&y=122" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace-Countdown-Clocks</a></small></center>

<center>If you want to get things done, you positively have to understand at any given point in time exactly what is the most important thing to get done right now, and if you're not doing it, you're not making progress at the fastest possible rate</center>

<center>TehVen - Film and TV VIP, Seeker of the Peace, Part-time Chandelier Cleaner, A legend in his own time, Oppressor of Champions, Soldier of Fortune, World Traveler, Bon Vivant, All around good guy, International lover, Casual Hero, Philosopher, Wars fought, Bears wrestled, Equations solved, Virgins enlightened, Revolutions quelled, Tigers castrated, Orgies organized, Bars quaffed dry, Governments run, Test rockets flown.

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life

</center>

Great to here it !

Did she post it in ?

Just sent my Fiance all the paper work, just waiting for her to finish a few bits on her end and post it in.

They are usually granted in a week or so. According to the VFS website the application needs to be submitted by the applicant, or an authorised representative, in person or at the nearest GDA courier centre. (source). For a guide on what paperwork should be submitted check out the link in my signature.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Great to here it !

Did she post it in ?

It was a friend and I don't have the exact details, but I believe they took it in to a sub section of the Embassy for such purposes and paid extra to have it couriered back. It was quite quick, I am guessing a week or so but am not sure of the exact timings. Also the supporting paperwork was kind off laughed at by the guy dealing with it and my mate was not too hopeful because of this !

It has all ended well and many funny stories have come out of it, as they often do !

BTW good luck with your application

Edited by boydeste