IGNORED

trip report responses

lyin_in_bed

Is there a way to cut out in trip reports peoples shitty response's about how good it is and how hot she is ? I just wanna read the trip report without crawling threw all the shite

You gotta take the good with the bad.

While I do agree some BMs are heavy handed with the "nice post bro " or "can't wait to read more" or "good thread", it's all good. If it bothers you too much, just scroll down till you see a multi-paragraph post and bypass the the 4-6 word single line postings.

Cheers

When you write a report it's actually appreciated when they post a comment no matter how frivilous. It takes a few hours work and effort to get it up usually so nice to know somebody liked it.

I know what you mean but I just scroll down through them. It doesn't take that long.

When you write a report it's actually appreciated when they post a comment no matter how frivilous. It takes a few hours work and effort to get it up usually so nice to know somebody liked it.

I know what you mean but I just scroll down through them. It doesn't take that long.

Yep, agree 100%. Its always nice for bms who take the time to post trip reports that their work is appreciated and that bms are actually reading it

I have always said there should be a thank you button or a heat button or even both - similar to www.hotukdeals.com and moneysavingexpert.com where the more appreciation a topic gets the more heat/degrees it has.

Furthermore this would highlight the hottest posts/topic.

Consequently it can get minus degrees - making the subject cold - which in turn can highlight to the Mods a 'bad' post.

Another one of my pet hates is someone quoting a massive post and then saying 'nice report'

Quote should really be used to reply to a specific point rather than the whole passage.

Edited by socrates

Unfortunately, people ad the quick few word post mostly to pad their # of post.

But i do agree that if u post a long trip report of something, that it is good to know people appreciate it, so it necessary.

But i do agree that if u post a long trip report of something, that it is good to know people appreciate it, so it necessary.

:Good_Post::sign1:

Which is exactly why I made my suggestion - using this method you can show your appreciation.

a thank you button or something to cut down the shite would be appreciated. I have given up on some good reports because of all i have to scroll past. i understand we want feedback but we also want people to read the full trip report.

I write trip reports on the forum & only get a few responses / few hundred reads before they drop off the radar, so all responses are welcome no matter how small. :GoldenSmile1:

I don't mind really, as my reports usually don't have pictures & aren't as interesting as others but I enjoy writing them. Some trip reports on here are awesome & have obviously taken a lot of time & effort, so I think moaning about having to finger the mouse wheel down to the next instalment is a bit rich considering the quality of the content; which is free after all.

sgu_banner.gif

Good to have responses when you make the effort, was a bit disappointed to the response i got on here to my last report, but it was a copy and paste to the original report which i updated daily and has over.. 1,000 replies and 16,000 views.

Isn't there a 'reputation' feature that can be activated where you can +1 / -1 a person's reputation for a post/response?

I have always said there should be a thank you button or a heat button or even both - similar to www.hotukdeals.com and moneysavingexpert.com where the more appreciation a topic gets the more heat/degrees it has.

Furthermore this would highlight the hottest posts/topic.

Consequently it can get minus degrees - making the subject cold - which in turn can highlight to the Mods a 'bad' post.

These functions exist to a certain extent. You have the star rating at the top right hand corner of a topic in order to show your appreciation. You have the report button which can be used to highlight a post that you feel that needs to be drawn to the attention of the mods.

Isn't there a 'reputation' feature that can be activated where you can +1 / -1 a person's reputation for a post/response?

That was phased out some time ago now.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

we had that feature on here once,it was a failure.I believe Pattaya Talk still has It,and look look how far into the crapper they have fallen!

Edited by lespaul5000

These functions exist to a certain extent. You have the star rating at the top right hand corner of a topic in order to show your appreciation. You have the report button which can be used to highlight a post that you feel that needs to be drawn to the attention of the mods.

They do not really exist - let's be honest.

Have a look at the sites I mentioned - some people on there have got thousands of thanks - it also gives them some kind of kudos. Obviously this is a much smaller site BUT personally they seem like the perfect functions to stop the endless/pointless bumping of threads.

if there was an option where you could either just see only the trip report or the trip report with everyone's response's which would you choose? it would be nice to be given the option becauses if you only have limited time you just want to read the good stuff

Is there a way to cut out in trip reports peoples shitty response's about how good it is and how hot she is ? I just wanna read the trip report without crawling threw all the shite

I see from your Profile that despite being Advanced you have never written a Trip Report yourself, so you'll only see it from a reader's PoV presumably?

From the writer's PoV any bump is a bump in terms of keeping his TR bobbing about up there and attracting more readers/hits.

Even a "shitty response" is better than nothing and that's what the abandoned Rep' Point system amounted to in those terms - nothing.

A TR writer can choose to present the thread in one hit (pre-written) and then leave readers to post comments or not. If not it will quickly die.

They can do it 'on-the-fly, which is quite a commitment but also feels more interactive to the reader.

Or they can do it in instalments when they get home and it's sort of interactive and likely to get more replies.

Whichever way it's done, there is no substitute for positive replies from the writer's PoV.

Can't think why I bothered to write that as I don't expect you managed to crawl through all the shite, even in your own thread. unsure.gif

They do not really exist - let's be honest.

Have a look at the sites I mentioned - some people on there have got thousands of thanks - it also gives them some kind of kudos. Obviously this is a much smaller site BUT personally they seem like the perfect functions to stop the endless/pointless bumping of threads.

The feedback from all of the TR writers who have contributed to this thread so far is that they like to know that people are reading and appreciate their efforts so I would disagree with your comments. To write a comment, even if it is only a couple of words, is more personal than hitting a generic 'thanks' button.

Yes, making a response automatically bumps a thread but surely that acts as a good indicator of its popularity. Not sure why you see that as pointless?

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

I have given up on some good reports because of all i have to scroll past.

Consider yourself lucky, on some other forums you have to scroll past ads as well!

post-11269-0-10781300-1318095608.gif

Did you enjoy that scrolling?

This concludes todays scrolling lesson... good to see you have the hang of it.

I see from your Profile that despite being Advanced you have never written a Trip Report yourself, so you'll only see it from a reader's PoV presumably?

From the writer's PoV any bump is a bump in terms of keeping his TR bobbing about up there and attracting more readers/hits.

Even a "shitty response" is better than nothing and that's what the abandoned Rep' Point system amounted to in those terms - nothing.

A TR writer can choose to present the thread in one hit (pre-written) and then leave readers to post comments or not. If not it will quickly die.

They can do it 'on-the-fly, which is quite a commitment but also feels more interactive to the reader.

Or they can do it in instalments when they get home and it's sort of interactive and likely to get more replies.

Whichever way it's done, there is no substitute for positive replies from the writer's PoV.

Can't think why I bothered to write that as I don't expect you managed to crawl through all the shite, even in your own thread. unsure.gif

haha thanks for bothering. i understand what your saying completely.its a tiny flaw in the system that's good in the long run

The feedback from all of the TR writers who have contributed to this thread so far is that they like to know that people are reading and appreciate their efforts so I would disagree with your comments. To write a comment, even if it is only a couple of words, is more personal than hitting a generic 'thanks' button.

Yes, making a response automatically bumps a thread but surely that acts as a good indicator of its popularity. Not sure why you see that as pointless?

its not the bumping that is pointless its the content of the bump - like people who are trying to get their post count up and will type 'nice pic' or similar on 20 different threads.

I can see that my idea will not work here so I will bow out on this subject

Did you enjoy that scrolling?

No!

Even more annoying was the fact that I had to do it again when editing your quote in order to reply!

its not the bumping that is pointless its the content of the bump - like people who are trying to get their post count up and will type 'nice pic' or similar on 20 different threads.

Agreed and although it may not always be apparent, I can assure you that the moderators do watch out for and deal with that sort of posting.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม