IGNORED

Where do you keep your camera?

doctorsam17

So, I have this little problem: I love taken pictures when I'm in Pattaya, but I hate to drag a bag (backpack) with me all the time. This results in leaving the camera in the room for almost the whole trip, while there are so many moments to be captured.

Where do you guys keep your camera? Do you just keep it in your trouser pockets (I always think I'll break it when I do this, but maybe some of you have tips for me :P )? I've also seen some guys with a "hip-pocket" but I never felt the urge to use one of those ...

I'm also looking for a new (compact) camera, maybe some idea's ? (Have been looking at the Canon Powershot S95 or S90)

Hey doctor sam,

I love taking pictures as well. I allways have two camera's with me, my big camera which i leave in the room and i use to photograph the girls from top to bottom :D and then a compact sony cybershot HX7V for taking around with me, I allways leave it in my pant pocket and never had any problem with that.

So your idea of looking for a compact camera is probably the best way to go.

Hey doctor sam, I love taking pictures as well. I allways have two camera's with me, my big camera which i leave in the room and i use to photograph the girls from top to bottom :D and then a compact sony cybershot HX7V for taking around with me, I allways leave it in my pant pocket and never had any problem with that.So your idea of looking for a compact camera is probably the best way to go.

I'll probably go with the trousers pocket then, i guess :P

Yes Hip-pockets seem so "60 year old"

I didn't want to say it :P (as there will definately be BM's who use'm ) but yeah, that's what i think of them too :GoldenSmile1:

Sometimes, i can be a bit quick in decision, and i just bought myself a new "pocket" camera. I bought myself a Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR CMOS, wich seemed to me not to be too expensive, but still very decent quality.

Edited by doctorsam17

I'm also looking for a new (compact) camera, maybe some idea's ? (Have been looking at the Canon Powershot S95 or S90)

The S95 has been great for me, but be aware Canon has just released the S100 with some minor but nice improvements.

See what the price differences are between the S95 and S100, vs. the differences in the features, and buy accordingly.

In either case, it should fit nicely into a pants pocket with no issues so it's easy to bring out for the day/evening.

S95 still seems to run mid to upper $300s, and S100 is low to mid $400. My advice is wait and see what sales go on

Black Friday, and jump on a good deal then. I got my S95 last year on a Black Friday deal for $325 shipped...

Edited by DMustang

The S95 has been great for me, but be aware Canon has just released the S100 with some minor but nice improvements.

See what the price differences are between the S95 and S100, vs. the differences in the features, and buy accordingly.

In either case, it should fit nicely into a pants pocket with no issues so it's easy to bring out for the day/evening.

S95 still seems to run mid to upper $300s, and S100 is low to mid $400. My advice is wait and see what sales go on

Black Friday, and jump on a good deal then. I got my S95 last year on a Black Friday deal for $325 shipped...

Thank you for the info, but it's to late as i allready bought another camera, the Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR CMOS wich is a little less expensive then the S95, but it still looks very decent.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I have this little problem: I love taken pictures when I'm in Pattaya, but I hate to drag a bag (backpack) with me all the time. This results in leaving the camera in the room for almost the whole trip, while there are so many moments to be captured.

Where do you guys keep your camera? Do you just keep it in your trouser pockets (I always think I'll break it when I do this, but maybe some of you have tips for me tongue.gif )? I've also seen some guys with a "hip-pocket" but I never felt the urge to use one of those ...

I carry my S90 in my pocket all the time. Wait a couple of weeks, the new S100 will be out, shoots HD video. Best P&S camera out there.

Yeah I also like taking Pics and as I think of myself as a true Metrosexual Man I use a Man Bag

Camera goes in nicely Fuji Fine Pux 1500 and something plus my Baccy Tin Water Condoms etc

In fact I look quite the Dandy with it thrown over my Shouldet 5555 It also takes a BG Shoes when they take them off after 5 Mins walking in 6 inch heels 5555

When i dont wish to carry my canon slr around town i carry a samsung st30 digital camera. I paid approx $90 austalian dollars for it over the net . It claims to be the smallest compact digital camera around , its about half the size of an Iphone , very basic camera , with decent resolution . works for me

Sometimes, i can be a bit quick in decision, and i just bought myself a new "pocket" camera. I bought myself a Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR CMOS, wich seemed to me not to be too expensive, but still very decent quality.

Is that any good? I use a Finepix A920 I bought about 3 years ago and while it was a good camera at the time, looking at recent cameras etc.. seems a bit obsolete and pic quality not the best plus the fact I hate carrying spare batteries with me :/

As forteh original question I keep it in my pocket in a wee pouch thing my ma got me in some pound shop somewhere lol