IGNORED

Jade House on Slippery Slope Downhill

mikey69wow

Last year I was a three-time visitor to the Jade House Wednesday afternoon BBQ, where for 200Bt one purchases a chit against which drinks can be applied, whether for oneself or for ladydrinks, with the all-you-can-eat BBQ being served at no additional charge. A wonderful whole pig was roasted, and a nice assortment of other meats was supplied. For non-meateaters there was a very good selection of salads, with bases both of potato and of greens. There was also a shrimp salad, as well as small but decent fried shrimp. Fruits and vegetables were fairly abundant, and the selection of desserts for those with a sweet tooth was good. Additionally there was a large assortment of a mongers fave food - namely comely ladies - some of them true stunners, and most of them enthusiastic. The house was open for business at 1PM, and the BBQ was served an hour later. On this, my third trip to LOS, I was looking forward to yet another fine afternoon at the Jade House. In anticipation I ate a gel satchel of Kamagra, with the intention of enjoying - as on my last visit - a short time with one of the attractive hostesses.

I was later than normal, arriving just before 2PM. To my disappointment there was no sign of a roasting porker, and no food at all had yet been spread. I paid my 200Bt, binned a drink, and surveyed the talent. That was my next disappointment. There were half the ladies that were present last year, and the only one that could be described as a stunner was the only holdover I recognized from before, and she maintained the same odious attitude she displayed in the past. The rest of the ladies could best be described as "leftovers" - and although each monger is attracted by different things there was not a one there in which I would have dipped my dick even had it belonged to the monger next to me.

So I sat and drank alone, and waited patiently for the food to be served, accompanied only by a small army of tiny ants that addressed my body parts almost as enthusiastically as a couple of the ladies from the previous year.

Finally, after about an hour's wait, the "food" was served, as I use the term loosely. The salads were these: potato drowned in mayonaisse, topped with egg slices; potato chopped with small bits of apple and chunks of nameless greens, and a bowl of sliced tomatoes. There were assorted meats, which I largely ignored - death-grey sausages and burnt chicken drumsticks among them. A small plate of overfried shrimp (minus the dipping sauces of yesteryear) sat alone. When one found its' way into my mouth it - like the chicken - was like chewing on rubber. The only bread was white, and the only soup was watery, with a paucity of sorry vegetables floating drowned upon its' surface. Dessert was nowhere to be seen.

To top off this plethora of disappointment, the owner/manager (or whomever he was) was a snarky and unsmiling sort obviously displeased with his lot. When I left he was unhappily counting his baht notes with one of his ladies.

In my opinion he fully deserves his due, as does anyone else (including me) misdirected enough to sample the Wednesday wares from this day forth.

Avoid the Jade House like the plague.

Edited by mikey69wow

I have been going off/on to Jade on Wednesdays for about 4 years. The standard of the food has neither improved or declined over that time. BTW the Roast Pig only appears during the high season, say November to end of April. It pays not to be too picky if eating "free" food in Pattaya.

Agree that time for the food has slipped from just after 2pm to nearer 3pm and the standard of ladies, with one or two exceptions is very low compared to a few years ago.

The last time I went was 3 years ago, girls, food, location was all good, the owner had a bad attitude towards us.

I have been going off/on to Jade on Wednesdays for about 4 years. The standard of the food has neither improved or declined over that time. BTW the Roast Pig only appears during the high season, say November to end of April. It pays not to be too picky if eating "free" food in Pattaya.

Agree that time for the food has slipped from just after 2pm to nearer 3pm and the standard of ladies, with one or two exceptions is very low compared to a few years ago.

Thanks for the info about the roast pig. That fact, however, only further underlines the lack of selection and quality of the other foods. Without the expense of the pig, I should think an even better selection of salads, finger foods, and desserts would be presented, not a worse one, and the food was definitely worse than what I experienced last year.

I have to say the food quality and taste has not changed in three years. Most of the time when they dont have the pig they supplement it with ribs. I find it hard to complain when you are getting free food. The talent is limited but this changes daily....

Sadly the place at the moment is but a shadow of its former self.

I really hope they can get it back on track over high season

Edited by kevkev1888

• 2 weeks later...

I did the Jade House Wednesday buffet several years ago and another punter then told me that the "going rate" for a short-time with one of the girls there was 700 baht (plus there was a charge for the room ... 300 baht? or maybe a bit less?).

I'm planning to make a return visit in the next few weeks ... can anyone confirm what the expectations / norms are nowadays? Still 700 baht?

Thanks much in advance.