Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Puket to bangkok

alex_mkd2000

Hello to all BMs

Will be travelling to thailand for the first time in late october, will be first in Phuket for about a week and then same in pattaya and then a day or two in bangkok.

Just wondering whats the best way to go from Phuket to bangkok and roughly what will it cost?

cheers

Alex

Edited by alex_mkd2000

last december it was cheap on asia air...$40 OW but took forever....

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

Just flew with Air Asia 1100 Bht one way (booked 3 months in advance) and 1650 Bht one way booked 4 days before traveling. Good airline and no problems just book it yourself on the internet.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just booked Air Asia PHKT to BKK Feb. 5 2008 - 1537bht with all taxes, gas surcharge, priority boarding upgrade, and 1 checked bag ($45). Flight leaves 9:05 arrives 10:25, then I gotta get a cab to Pattaya.

• 3 weeks later...
Just booked Air Asia PHKT to BKK Feb. 5 2008 - 1537bht with all taxes, gas surcharge, priority boarding upgrade, and 1 checked bag ($45). Flight leaves 9:05 arrives 10:25, then I gotta get a cab to Pattaya.

Did you mean Feb 5th 2009??

I'm thinking of booking a flight from BKK to PHKT with Air Asia in Feb but was wondering if it would be best to book after landing at BKK just in case of any flight delays.

Bangkok Air run a service out of Pattaya's airport Uo Tapo.

Good service however expensive at over 6,000 baht return.

The flight times are good as well.

I like the convenience of leaving my car at the airport and it is only 30 drive home as apposed to 1 1/2 hrs from BKK.

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

IMO Air Asia is unbeatable value. I have used them many times, best value for money from Phuket to BKK. Around $40 one way.

Just flew with Air Asia 1100 Bht one way (booked 3 months in advance) and 1650 Bht one way booked 4 days before traveling. Good airline and no problems just book it yourself on the internet.

thats dead cheap for Phuket, normally prices are around 3,000b one way. I might book up now for my September trip

Thanks for the advice there, managed to book as well, but mine was slightly more at 1,900b.

Yeah ... I booked BKK to PHK return for a 2 day visit and it was 1800ea return for 2 of us on 25th July and come back 27th. Air Asia ... easy cheap and hopefully efficient.

Check out NokAir as well. This is Thai airlines discount airline that runs domestic throughout LOS from either BKK or DMK.

http://www.nokair.com/s1000_obj/contents/h...WhereWeFly.html

Safe, newer equiptment and hottie flight attendents wearing yellow mini dresses. What's not to like???

Edited by arbiez

Check out NokAir as well. This is Thai airlines discount airline that runs domestic throughout LOS from either BKK or DMK.

http://www.nokair.com/s1000_obj/contents/h...WhereWeFly.html

Safe, newer equiptment and hottie flight attendents wearing yellow mini dresses. What's not to like???

great info there buddy, i will use them next time.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for all the info guys, but I have couple of questions,

is it a small plane? I hear the wind can be a major problem when

flying in Phuket and can be scary as hell?...but how about flying out too?

I also heard that a plane crashed in 2007 into Phuket and killed everyone...was there any

BM on that flight?

aki

In Nov. 2007 I flew several times on inlandflights. (BKK-ChangMai;BKK-Phuket)

You can buy the ticket at the airport. I flew 4 times and I never wait more than 3 hours mostly under 2 hours

You can buy the ticket also in most of the travelagencys.

If you stay in Bankok you have to go to the old airport (Donmeang)

There are some airportcarriers for inlandflights:

Thai Air: very expensive

Budget Carriers

Nok Air:

Budget flight, one way 1850 bath, I think the have 4 flights a day, they allow a 15kg baggage and a 7kg onboard baggage,

the jet is ok, you have to pay for drinks and sandwiches

One-Two-Go:

also budget flight, same price as nok air,i think also 4 flights a day, they allow 2 pieces of baggage with total 27kg, the jet is ok and you get one soft-drink for free

last time they had an offer, if you buy a ticket at the airport and and the plane starts inbetween 2 hours, you will get the flight 150 baths cheaper

I prefer one-two-go, but nok air is also ok.

Sorry, my english is not so good

I also heard that a plane crashed in 2007 into Phuket and killed everyone...was there any

BM on that flight?

aki

Plane size depends on which airline you use. I would only use Thai (biggest plane travelling to Phuket, also fastest and also most expensive) or Air Asia (does great deals on fares and planes are decent enough, nothing to worry about). Both of these leave from Suvarnabhumi and not necessarily Don Muaeng.

The likes of Nok Air and One-Two-Go (the airline which tragically crashed) are generally considered inferior, but are hardly anything you would stay WELL clear of.

Scary as hell? Couldn't care a less what might happen, it is all worth it once you land. PLEASE NOTE - I don't think the landing / ascent are considered bad by anyone I have talked to (somebody might contest this?).

Have fun!

BM on that flight?

It was a One2Go plane, not everyone was killed, and the weather was unbelievably bad at the time.

I was on the next One2Go flight out of Phuket........needless to say it was very nearly empty!