IGNORED

Consolidated Hotel Information

Pictorial Reviews

As I complete more hotel reports, it will become increasingly difficult for you all to quickly scan the reports for information that might be of interest to you for comparison purposes. That is where the attached spreadsheet will help. An updated spreadsheet will be posted as each hotel report is completed.

For now, I've decided to highlight particularly good information in green, and bad in red. I think doing that will be helpful when there are 25+ hotels listed.

The spreadsheet is not protected, so you all are free to make changes to it as you see fit; for example deleting a column you don't find useful. If you all would like me to make changes, I'm open to suggestions. That being said, the spreadsheet isn't meant to contain all the information I've listed in the reports, but rather provide board members with a quick way to compare the various hotels on things most cared about by those on Pattaya-Addicts.

Please keep in mind the spreadsheet is meant to be used as a guideline and is not set in stone. hotels can and do change their prices and amenities without notifying me of them doing so. Therefore, double-check with the hotel before committing to a booking. If you all see a discrepancy, please help us keep this as current as possible by posting about it in this thread so I can update the spreadsheet.

Here are a few clarifications:

1. Prices listed are for the lowest priced room available during low season.

2. CC = Credit Card

3. PP = PayPal

4. ST = Short Time

5. The name of the hotel is hyperlinked to the corresponding report.

6. Contact = contact the hotel for the information

If you don't have Excel on your computer Google Docs will open the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/ Find the Getting Started button, then find the Upload button and upload the file from your computer. The file will be converted and opened. Thanks to BM philrenshaw for that handy bit of information.

***Check the most recent reply of mine in this thread for the most current spreadsheet.***

Hotel 411.xls

Edited by Pictorial Reviews

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

GF friendly?

Joiner Fee?

555...yeah...don't know why that slipped my mind...thanks!

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

Extra JF for more than one

Room Safe

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

This is a great idea.

Can only agree with the previous posts

Room safes or boxes at reception.

Is there a joiner fee for 1 or more

Mabey u could include an e-mail adress with the website info.

ten out of ten to Lamok for starting these reviews

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

I'd like to see a column for Do they take Credit Cards?

For other "rare" details, you could hold the spreadsheet size down by just including a direct link to your major pictorial review. "Rare" details might be No Air Conditioning, No elevator/lift, etc. and would have been mentioned in your write-up.

I appreciate your effort.

Edited by philkrenshaw

All great ideas. I particular like Phil's mention of linking the pictorial to the spreadsheet. I should do the same for the consolidated agogo spreadsheet as well.

I was supposed to review another hotel today, but due to an unfortunate incident yesterday involving a motorbike, police, and hospital, (and having all that carry over to today), I was unable to make the appointment. I will reschedule that for another day, and post the spreadsheet when that hotel is done, which means the spreadsheet will start out with 4 hotels on it and grow from there.

The initial thread has now been edited and a spreadsheet for the hotels attached. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Excellent idea. Would be useful to see high & shoulder season rates.

Excellent idea. Would be useful to see high & shoulder season rates.

I thought about listing those, but it comes with a slight problem. Not all hotels have the same high-season dates, which would really be a challenge. In addition, some have high-season rates, as well as peek-season rates (2 weeks around Christmas and New Years). Listing all those various columns would make the spreadsheet quite long. If you notice, I've already had to add columns for 3+ and 10+ days due to the various rates hotels have depending on the length of stay. In addition, hotels change their rates quite regularly, which is going to be a bit of a challenge to keep up with as it is.

The spreadsheet is meant to be for comparison purposes. If a hotel has a cheaper low-season rate than another hotel, chances are it will have cheaper high-season rates as well. All you have to do is click on the page's website link or "booking" link (which goes to their Agoda listing if they have one) to get their other rates depending on the type of room you like and time of year your visiting.

I hope that's sufficient.

I like what Agoda and other websites do in terms of having the ability to group the hotels according to location. For example, if you want only hotels located along beach road, you can select that option and it filters those hotels based on your criteria.

Maybe grouping these hotels according to general area/street, it would guide people based on their general area preference.

And withing these groups, sub groups based on price?

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I like what agoda and other websites do in terms of having the ability to group the hotels according to location. For example, if you want only hotels located along beach road, you can select that option and it filters those hotels based on your criteria.

Maybe grouping these hotels according to general area/street, it would guide people based on their general area preference.

And withing these groups, sub groups based on price?

The hotels can be sorted any way you like...that's the advantage of Excel. How about if I sort by location and then by price on sheet 1, and by price and then location on sheet 2? For those not familiar with Excel, you can switch between sheet 1 and 2 by clicking on the labeled tabs on the bottom left of the spreadsheet.

It will be done prior to the next time I post an updated spreadsheet.

Here's the updated spreadsheet. Sheet 1 has been sorted by location (alphabetical order), then the lowest priced room at a day rate, then the name of the hotel (alphabetical order). Sheet 2 has been sorted by the lowest priced room at a day rate, then the location (alphabetical order), then the name of the hotel (alphabetical order). Thanks for all the suggestions. It is helping to make the spreadsheet better.

Hotel Info.xls

Here's the updated spreadsheet. Sheet 1 has been sorted by location (alphabetical order), then the lowest priced room at a day rate, then the name of the hotel (alphabetical order). Sheet 2 has been sorted by the lowest priced room at a day rate, then the location (alphabetical order), then the name of the hotel (alphabetical order). Thanks for all the suggestions. It is helping to make the spreadsheet better.

Hotel Info.xls

I am having trouble downloading the spreadsheet.

I have windows 7,I do not have microsoft office apps,or excel on my computer. Will we have to puchase them to view the information or will they be accessable once the spreadsheet is completed?

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

I have windows 7,I do not have microsoft office apps,or excel on my computer. Will we have to puchase them to view the information or will they be accessable once the spreadsheet is completed?

Yes, you will need to have Microsoft Excel to view the spreadsheet.

Try downloading Open Office. It's free and I think it will open Excel files on a Widows computer. I can't verify this for you because I'm running on Mac with the Mac version of Microsoft Office, but they claim it can.

Hotel Info.xls

It is looking good so far.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Try downloading Open Office. It's free and I think it will open Excel files on a Widows computer. I can't verify this for you because I'm running on Mac with the Mac version of Microsoft Office, but they claim it can.

Just tried to download "open office", after waiting over 2 hours for it to download,my norton antivirus kicked in and adviced me to stop download,as it was new and not enough info about it.to be safe.

I also looked at the price to download "excel 2010" $189.00.au

I dont need it enough to justify paying that much,

But i would like to look at the spreadsheets, i think this is a fantastic idea, To be able to get a prospective from the board.

Is there another way?

Just tried to download "open office", after waiting over 2 hours for it to download,my norton antivirus kicked in and adviced me to stop download,as it was new and not enough info about it.to be safe.

I also looked at the price to download "excel 2010" $189.00.au

I dont need it enough to justify paying that much,

But i would like to look at the spreadsheets, i think this is a fantastic idea, To be able to get a prospective from the board.

Is there another way?

There are other free programs that will open Excel format. I'm not enough of a Windows guy to know what they are. I'm pretty sure Microsoft will not include such a utility with Windows. Here's a good place to start looking.

There are other free programs that will open Excel format. I'm not enough of a Windows guy to know what they are. I'm pretty sure Microsoft will not include such a utility with Windows. Here's a good place to start looking.

Thankyou,

For taking the time to help,

I have only had PC for a couple of years now and am slightly PC iliterate.

Much appreciated

I will have a look at the link and try again.

Edit: Is anyone else having any problem with downloading the spreadsheet?

Edited by rickyt

Thankyou,

For taking the time to help,

I have only had PC for a couple of years now and am slightly PC iliterate.

Much appreciated

I will have a look at the link and try again.

Edit: Is anyone else having any problem with downloading the spreadsheet?

I have verified that Google Docs will upload and open the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/

Find the Getting Started button, then find the Upload button and upload the file from your computer. It will be converted and opened.

Find the Getting Started button, then find the Upload button and upload the file from your computer. It will be converted and opened.

Thanks for helping out with this Phil...good stuff! I hope you don't mind, but I thought it'd be a good idea to post that information in the initial post so others who may not have Excel on their computer will be able to benefit from the spreadsheet as well.

Thanks again phil

I Was able to access the spreadsheet at last.

You actually have to have Google Chrome installed as the web browser.

I got there with not to much trouble.

Thanks to Pictorial Reviews

The spreadsheets are looking good

• COVID-19

Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

• Advertise on Pattaya Addicts