Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A Curly One

Bam_Bam

I live here in Thailand with my Thai wife, I am currently doing it off a Non Immigrant O visa.

Right now we are in Korea for a week, so when I get back I assume I will just get another 90 day stamp, 4 days after we get back we are heading off to Laos for 2 weeks, when we return from that, my visa is just about right on the 12 month mark, so again, 90 day stamp.

Here is the curly part, 2 weeks after returning from Laos with my visa maxed out and getting my last 90 day stamp, I am heading off to Indonesia for 1 week, when I return, what will they give me, 30 days or the remainder of my 90 days ????

:Dunno:

Anyone found themselves in this situation before ???

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Actually I just had another look at my Non O stamp, it runs out halfway through the Laos trip, so the 90day I get when I return from Korea will be the one in question now.

Still the same question though, just different timing.

Bam Bam

Once your visa has expired on the next entry they will give you a 30 day visa waiver stay. The remainder of the 90 days will be gone.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks Scumbag, I kind of thought that would be the case.

It's a real pisser, my wife is due to have a baby, about the same time the 30 days I get on return from Indonesia runs out and I would like to be here for it.

:Chokdee:

Bam Bam

Edited by Bam_Bam

• 4 weeks later...

Well a valuable lesson learnt here, what I should have done when I got back from Korea was get a re-entry permit, which I thought only applied to things like Retirement and Marriage Visa / Extensions.

They also apply to Non O and business visa's, had I got the re-entry permit, I would still have the remainder of my 90 stamp I received when i got back from Korea and another re-entry before I leave for Indonesia would have again retained the balance.

Instead I now have had to pay for a 7 day visa extension and will have to return home approx 2 months earlier than planned for a new Non O.

:Anger:

Bam Bam

Well a valuable lesson learnt here, what I should have done when I got back from Korea was get a re-entry permit, which I thought only applied to things like Retirement and Marriage Visa / Extensions.

They also apply to Non O and business visa's, had I got the re-entry permit, I would still have the remainder of my 90 stamp I received when i got back from Korea and another re-entry before I leave for Indonesia would have again retained the balance.

Instead I now have had to pay for a 7 day visa extension and will have to return home approx 2 months earlier than planned for a new Non O.

:Anger:

Bam Bam

If you are 49 or more you can get a 12 months retirement visa and then you need a multiple re entry for 4,900 bhats

if you are under 49 then you can get an education visa for 22,000 which is valid for 15 months

this is a 3 months non o and a 12 months education visa. with this you are supposed to study Thai for 4 hours per week.

If you need a visa urgently I know a Thai lady you can get you one even on the same day you apply with no delay

If you need help PM me and I will give you ladies name and phone number

If you need a visa urgently I know a Thai lady you can get you one even on the same day you apply with no delay

How does she do this?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If you are 49 or more you can get a 12 months retirement visa and then you need a multiple re entry for 4,900 bhats

if you are under 49 then you can get an education visa for 22,000 which is valid for 15 months

this is a 3 months non o and a 12 months education visa. with this you are supposed to study Thai for 4 hours per week.

I am 53 and have no intention of getting a Retirement Visa / Extension, I am legally married to a Thai and we have a baby due around Xmas, it is my intention to get a Parent Visa.

I too know quite a few people here that "offer" visa's, quite illegally I might add, I refuse to play the bribe / corruption game here, it is bad enough as it is, without fostering it.

I will do the right thing and go home and get a new Non O, getting illegally obtained visa's, leaves you open to deportation and black listing, that would not be a good thing for my wife and unborn child.

:Chokdee:

Bam Bam

Bam Bam- You should be able to get a non-immigrant visa in Jomtien without an issue if you are married to a Thai national, without leaving Thailand. Bring your wife, her ID card, your marriage papers and her family book to Immigration. I ran into a delay when I got my retirement visa because I only had 7 days left on my visa. The immigration officer was going to issue the non immigrant o as soon as I brought my wife, and the other things I mentioned above in without any problem. Ultimately I did a visa run to get an additional 14 days and picked up my retirement visa a couple of days pater as my wife's family book was in her home 10 hours away. Everything as on the up and up and I worked directly with immigration and did not use any visa service.

There are many curlies in the system.

Without going into too many details, let me just say I went to the office 170 days overstayed, paid my 20K to the police, and still ended up with a perfectly legitimate series of two 90-day Non-O extensions without ever leaving Thailand. In the end, I got the year retirement visa I wanted, and everything was strictly done through official channels. Never had to leave. If you give them a chance, they can usually work things out, but you have to remember the golden rule: it's up to them, and how you present yourself is everything.

Best of luck to you, and congratulations on your family!

Well, the curlyness continues.

My new Passport arrived this week, so I headed down to Jomtien Immigration this morning to get the extension I got just after I returned, transferred into my new passport and was told by old mate (the English guy) that it couldn't be transferred into the new one and what I would have to do is present both the old cancelled passport and the new one when I leave on Tuesday for Indonesia.

He also quite categorically told me that I do not have to have any cash in the bank, just proof of income to get a retirement extension, I even said to him that the Thai guy on the information desk had given me 3 different answers on previous occasions when asked about the subject. He also told me that because I am legally married to a Thai that I can not pick and choose what visa I can apply for, I had intended to apply for the Parent / Family visa, he insists that it must be the Marriage Visa / extension or the Retirement extension and said that is is very easy to get ???

I have already booked and paid for the flight home, so I will carry through with that now and have another look at it when I get back.

Bam Bam

Edited by Bam_Bam