IGNORED

Question aboout SIM card

beejoy

Question one:

Is that buying a new pre-paid SIM always cost 50B?

I paid 100B for 1-2call SIM card, I got stalled value of 50B so another 50B goes as cost of the SIM card.

I purchase it in March and toped up again for another 100B at 7-11.

I left Thailand and returned in June (within 3 months from purchase), I able to top up (again 100B from 7-11) and continue to use it.

Few days later, I left Thai and returning in August date, when I input SIM it shows ‘Invalid’, although I’m sure there has small credit left with the card.

So question two is:

What is the validity of this SIM card?

Each time after top up I got alert via SMS that Validity is for 1 month. Not sure if this means SIM validity, or have to utilize credit balance in this period.

However someone said my SIMcard validity is 3 months, seems it is right as I able to use it at June date but not in Aug,

Last question:

Does top up to extend the validity?

Despite I top up 100B twice at 7-11, I don’t know if it does matter to extend validity from date of top up.

Any advice is appreciated.

I believe that the cost and value of a pre-paid sim card depends on which one you buy. Mine is Happy which if I remember correctly cost me 200 baht.

The validity is normally three months and I understood that to be from last top-up / useage. The reason that I bought a Happy sim is that you can extend the validity by taking it in to one of their stores or counters. I bought a new sim in August 2011 and it is now valid through until July 2012. I think that there may be a small charge for this extension which is automatically taken from your credit. Not sure whether this service is available on other cards.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

My True SIM is valid for a year from each time I top it up through my bank.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

I believe that the cost and value of a pre-paid sim card depends on which one you buy. Mine is Happy which if I remember correctly cost me 200 baht.

The validity is normally three months and I understood that to be from last top-up / useage. The reason that I bought a Happy sim is that you can extend the validity by taking it in to one of their stores or counters. I bought a new sim in August 2011 and it is now valid through until July 2012. I think that there may be a small charge for this extension which is automatically taken from your credit. Not sure whether this service is available on other cards.

Just a side note... you can also go online and extend the validity there... I think its about 12 baht for 180 days.

Handy if it's going to run out and you are not in Thailand to top up. Just make sure you leave some credit on your sim card when you go home.