Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

AIDS cure

THguypattaya

This certainly is good news for all HIV infected. But still it's a long way from an actual medicine, but at the moment it offers good hope.

There have been quite a lot of progressive articles so certainly encouraging. Given that Obama recently apologised to a Carribean nation that USA (in 50s?) infected hundreds intentionally with STDs as an experiment, it seems likely that HIV could have been grown in a lab and cured in a lab.

Wikipedia - of the 2.8 million infections in 2009, inserted penile-vaginal intercourse accounts for 5 (.05%) cases.

Certain racial demographics are more at risk.

I suspect news like these, while encouraging, will only serve to re-affirm the bareback brigade to continue doing so, as in their minds there will be a cure "soon," and that the odds of catching HIV from bareback sex is "minimal" as to not even worry about (ignorance is bliss).

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Too corrupt to have a cure or vaccine for aids, the money is not in a cure, its in the medicine!Why have a cure where victims only pay once and then are good to go when you can have them dependant and buying medicine for treatment for life. I do not belive they have this virus mapped out where you can treat it so effectively nowadays but you cant kill it!

so are you saying they still don't understand the virus completely and also even if they do, they don't want to have a cure since they want to make money?

so are you saying they still don't understand the virus completely and also even if they do, they don't want to have a cure since they want to make money?

I'm saying we should have a vaccine by now if we can treat a virus to the point of controlling it. I think that having people dependent on lifelong treatments that keep you paying the drug companies is better to them than selling a vaccine one time

God I wish that were the case, the problem is it simply isn't true. The company that comes out with the definitive cure or immunization is going to have BILLIONS of doses on its hands at the cost of a few cents each. Do they make money on continuing support? Sure, but it is extremely expensive to develop and they have to keep changing what they do. Plus the treatments are harmful to people, which you might say "good, so they can sell more medicine" but the reality is they lose money on much of what they have made because of the constant costs to take meds through approval procedures.

The guys who come up with it will be heros and RICH BEYOND BELIEF. Thats the real goal.

There will be a massive sexual revolution when a vaccine for HIV arrives. It will far surpass what happen in the 60's. I will be in Pattaya doing my part when this day arrives.