IGNORED

Doha Stop Over

AirOne

I 'm worried about stopping at the airport in Doha.

schedules have just changed my flights, time between two aircraft Qatar Airways is now in 1H 15 min.

not knowing any of the Doha airport, this time is enough?

thank you for your answers.

I have never flown via Doha however if they are both Qatar Airways flights the airline will be well aware of the connecting passengers coming in and will organise accordingly. I am sure that you will be fine.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

do not worry everything is organized to direct you to your next flight :) .Indicated on your ticket on arrival terminal and the of departure,when in doubt learn to airport staff by showing them your ticket.Safe journey :GrinNod1:

i have stopped there before and had the same worry but dont worry,infact i found it a little over the top as i got off the plane a rude guy stood there shouting bangkok here bangkok here over and over,once everyone was there we were led like cattle by security to the next flight no stopping for duty free or anything.

I have flown numerous times with them. You shouldn't worry to much. 1h15 minutes should be enough time to get to your connecting flight, but you won't have the time to have lets say lunch or dinner. Have a safe trip and enjoy your time in LOS.

I always go to BKK via Doha with Qatar air. On the quick transfers before setting off for Doha i ask them at check in if they have a rapid transfer tag to put on the case, also get into the rapid transfer queue when you get there (keep to the queue on the left hand side going through the security scanners). There is always a bloke there shoving people into the various queues you can point you to the rapid queue.

That connection time is loads. Of course you can get unlucky with delay buts that's life.

I have flown connecting flight through Doha (with Qatar Airways) on several occasion. I've never had a connection time greater that 55minutes (I've actually done two 35minute connections) and have not missed a connection yet. On one occasion I timed myself from touch down on one aircraft to takeoff on another and I did it in 31minutes, and I was not even rushing! You will find most people are in a similar situation which can lead to quite a few people getting worked up which can be funny to watch. I think with over an hour connection time you won't even qualify for a rapid transfer badge. From my experience this is Qatar's business model to get people down and up as quickly as possible.

My recommendation is to get yourself a seat toward the front of the cabin and then just position yourself for a quick exit when you get onto the bus to the connections terminal. Doha is not a big airport and your connection time is more than enough. It's certainly no Charles De Gaul Airport. After one visit you will understand what I mean.

The one downside that I remember is that the signage is fairly poor in the terminal for flight times and direction to gates (because it was either in Arabic or impossible to find). Just ask the staff immediately after the baggage check area where your gate is. The staff have a big list of flights and were extremely helpful in pointing me in the right direction.

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

It's certainly no Charles De Gaul Airport. After one visit you will understand what I mean.

if you know this Airport you know why i was a bit worried ;)

thanks for all your answers ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I went through Doha twice, both times only just over an hour connection time. No problem at all. The only problem I had was the state the arabs leave the toilets in. There was a little guy in there trying to clean up but he didn't stand a chance. He couldn't keep up with the mess they were making. I'm just glad I was wearing shoes and not flip flops as I'm not sure that it was just water I was wading through.

I would definitely fly through Doha again (just make sure I used the toilet on the plane before landing)and I think that Qatar are an excellent airline.

I have the opposite problem a 8 - 9 hour stopover in January. Anything interesting in the airport per chance?

I guess chances of being upgraded onto an earlier flight is slim to none, when going (but hey got a good price)

I have the opposite problem a 8 - 9 hour stopover in January. Anything interesting in the airport per chance?

I guess chances of being upgraded onto an earlier flight is slim to none, when going (but hey got a good price)

i have the same problem too this november with an 8 hour stop over tried to get on the earlier flight but cost to change the ticket is £100 + change in ticket so i have either of the two options, book in to the oryx lounge for 8 hours at time of reading it costs around £25. or you can get a visa and go out of the airport for about £8 maybe go shopping or just a general look around

i have the same problem too this november with an 8 hour stop over tried to get on the earlier flight but cost to change the ticket is £100 + change in ticket so i have either of the two options, book in to the oryx lounge for 8 hours at time of reading it costs around £25. or you can get a visa and go out of the airport for about £8 maybe go shopping or just a general look around

I will land just before midnight. So not much doing trying to leave the airport, plus I thiink you need a visa. I will just have to try and sit/sleep it through, I've done 9 hours in Istanbul before, from what I can read they also have an internet area with computers free to use.

I 'm worried about stopping at the airport in Doha.

schedules have just changed my flights, time between two aircraft Qatar Airways is now in 1H 15 min.

not knowing any of the Doha airport, this time is enough?

thank you for your answers.

I was on the QR 046 last week which had the same transfer time, arriving at 2355.We were about 30 minutes late into Doha as a result of being put in a holding pattern upon arrival in Doha.I caught my flight without any problem even though the transfer/security area was packed out. Yesterday morning on the return leg we were 1 hour late leaving Doha as a result of waiting for transit passengers. For longer stopovers a visa on arrival is 100QR if you wish to leave the airport.