IGNORED

Building Our Home Near Prasat, Surin..CONTINUED

mario299

This is a continuation of the YouTube video I posted of building our home in Prasat, Surin, Thailand. We found a lot of things that needed to be done after we thought we were finished, and I'm pretty sure that this video will not be the last one either.

This covers from after July, 2008 to about the end of 2010. Great Fun!

Thanks for looking.

:001_Thank_You5:

THERE'S NO FREE LUNCH !!

• 2 months later...

Nice house mate! thx for sharing

Hi

The lovely wife already had the land, so the only cost for that was to make sure the title deed (chanote) was proper and in her name. Can be a big problem, as no Thai likes to spend the money to get a proper deed.

The house cost just under 1,000,000 Bt, as we had a firm contract for labor at 385,000 and we bought the materials. The total with all the furniture, drapes, stove, fridge, entertainment center w/TV and stereo etc brought our cost up to 1.7 million baht, which I definitely feel was a bargain.

It was a very fun and educational experience. I have a lot of construction experience, having been a remodeling contractor in the US for more than 25 years, and I was fortunate to be able to spend the time on site while it was being built...except for about three weeks.

Happy to give advice and recommendations, feel free to ask.

mario299 :hello09:

Edited by mario299

THERE'S NO FREE LUNCH !!

nice informinf video. Got some practical ideas from it!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, well done on your house looks very well, oh and I love your dog aswell. Thanks for sharing.

That dam countdown timer's not workin, but i'll be touchin down pussy on christmas day.

You've done yourself proud with the house & with the video too.

I really appreciate the time & effort you kindly put into making it fun & interesting to watch.

Hope it gives you both many years of pleasure, it sure should do as it looks.... :Fantastic:

• 2 months later...

Mario

l am thinking of building in surin sometime soon, a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house we have to build the land up first and make a fence retaining wall as its on a corner block and quite low....how do you think l would go if the land was a gift to me and my gf with the title deed??? where did you buy most of your products in and around prasat??? the house will be in kcab cheung thanks any advice will be greatly appreciated

Lovely house mate, are you retired now and living there permanently?

• 2 months later...

Nice house mario and a very interesting video. Thanks for sharing it here.

Dave