IGNORED

Double Entry Tourist visa required fr Laos/Cambodia

stickyfingers

Hi chaps,

I have got to get a double entry tourist visa soon as my "non-imm 0" visa has expired and now on 30 day stamp which runs out early Oct.

Went to soi buakow visa shop last week and was told that Cambodia have gone more troublesome and want extra items so Laos is best bet.But i have flt tkt home and savings book etc..

Both places are done on all inclusive mini-bus trips, with the Laos trip at 8500bt all inc. Think Cambodian trip was about 6000bt to the nearest border.

Whats my best bet and other options? as not looking forward to a 10 hr minibus trip to Laos!!! Any flt deals to Laos/Cambo?

Cheers 4 now,

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Take the airplane (1500 baht , 1 hour) to Udon thani and a minibus ( 200,baht , 1 hour) to the border .

In Laos it's very simple to get a taxi or tuk tuk to the embassy in Vientiane .

Go early as they are only open till 12 or 1 for visa application .

Be aware that there's a 1 or 2 day waiting time till your visa is ready and as the embassy in Vientiane

isn't very cooperating it's not easy to get a double or multiple entry visa for certain nationalities .

Also depends on how many tourist visa stickers you already got in your pasport . When it's over 3 , no

matter how old , don't even go to Vientiane as they won't help you .

8500 baht for an all in trip is a fair price tough .

Take the airplane (1500 baht , 1 hour) to Udon thani and a minibus ( 200,baht , 1 hour) to the border .

In Laos it's very simple to get a taxi or tuk tuk to the embassy in Vientiane .

Go early as they are only open till 12 or 1 for visa application .

Be aware that there's a 1 or 2 day waiting time till your visa is ready and as the embassy in Vientiane

isn't very cooperating it's not easy to get a double or multiple entry visa for certain nationalities .

Also depends on how many tourist visa stickers you already got in your pasport . When it's over 3 , no

matter how old , don't even go to Vientiane as they won't help you .

8500 baht for an all in trip is a fair price tough .

On Airasia there is a promotion currently , i booked my flight to Phnompenh for a total of 2570 bath (roundtrip-flight) it is an early booking for as my double entry + extensions end....Subject: Your AirAsia booking has been confirmed.

To:

Date: Wednesday, 14 September 2011, 15:25

Booking Confirmation

Thank you for choosing AirAsia.

Your booking has been confirmed and your travel itinerary will be emailed to you very soon.

Booking Number: Booking Date: Wed 14 Sep 2011

Guest Details:

Name

Flight Information:

Date Flight Depart Arrive

Wed 29 Feb

FD 3616 BKK (BKK) 15:15 PNH (PNH) 16:20

Thu 08 Mar

FD 3617 PNH (PNH) 17:05 BKK (BKK) 18:15

Inflight Services:

FD 3616 BKK-PNH

Guest Seat SSR Information

FD 3617 PNH-BKK

Guest Seat SSR Information

Total Fare Price : 2390.00 THB

Total Fees : 180.00 THB

Total Amount : 2570.00 THB

Payment(s)

Date Type Amount

14Sep11 Master Card : 2570.00 THB

Balance Due : 0.00 THB

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Thanks chaps,

David you were lucky with the flight promo deal as when i put in Oct dates it gave me a 4900bt rtn for PP, plus you got to add the visas and Cambo visa too in and out.

Jerry with the Udon flt, thats good alternative and is lookin favourite at moment as only 1 hr flt and got rtn price of 2,926bt plus the laos visa..costs to get into Vientiane???

So I guess a few days in Vientiane and should get the visa done by then?

Any reccom for guesthouse in Vientiane around 4-500bt per nt say? and what transport costs for taxi to/fr embassy or is there agents there that wil do the visa for you ..etc?

Cheers 4 now,

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I personally love Vientiane so it makes the visa run less of a chore. Certainly fly to Udon if you want to make a few days of it but if you really only want the visa, the run with an agent is hassle free and not as bad as you would imagine. I know I was pleasantly surprised when I used First Class Visa. Best advice I can give you is take a jacket if you choose the Laos option, pretty cold in the mornings and evenings this time of year !

Thanks chaps,

David you were lucky with the flight promo deal as when i put in Oct dates it gave me a 4900bt rtn for PP, plus you got to add the visas and Cambo visa too in and out.

Jerry with the Udon flt, thats good alternative and is lookin favourite at moment as only 1 hr flt and got rtn price of 2,926bt plus the laos visa..costs to get into Vientiane???

So I guess a few days in Vientiane and should get the visa done by then?

Any reccom for guesthouse in Vientiane around 4-500bt per nt say? and what transport costs for taxi to/fr embassy or is there agents there that wil do the visa for you ..etc?

Cheers 4 now,

There's a 1500 baht or 30 us dollar entry fee at the border into Vientiane . You also need to do some paperwork and a passport photo .

Vientiane is a fun city to spend a few days . There are a few nice bars ( one is on top of the Intercity hotel ) and there's a good nightclub in

the Don Chan Palace hotel on the riverside .

Tuk tuk's are pretty expensive and will charge you 150/200 baht for the trip to or from the embassy . You can pay in most places with baht .

I usually let the taxi from the border drop me of at the embassy and ask him to wait to bring me downtown for a little tip .

Outside the embassy are some small stalls with guys that fill in your application if you want , only a 100 baht . Sometimes they also have some

stock of numbers so you can jump the line .

I usually rent a motorbike for the same amount and as Vientiane is not that big and pretty relaxt , nothing like Pattaya , it's very easy to find

your way around . They also drive on the right side hand of the road .

I never book a hotel just have a walk around and you will find a lot of small hotels for around 500 baht . Don't let the tuk tuk or taxi drivers

take you to a 'place of a friend' as you will pay too much of course .

Best to do the trip in the beginning of the week . When the visa takes a little longer and you come in on a Thursday there's a change you have

to stay the weekend .

Have a good trip ,

chok dee ,

Jerry .

Ok thanks Jerry,

Flts booked for sunday lunchtime with rtn on tuesday so hope that wil give me enough time to get visa sorted, (2 full days)wil get to embassy mon morn to do battle there.

so the fun starts at udon thani aport, easy to find to get the minibus from there to border?

any reccom for guest house, small hotel near the river in VT?

cheers 4 now,