Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Building Our Home Near Prasat, Surin

mario299

This is a YouTube video I did of the building of our home near Prasat, started in December, 2007. We've done quite a lot more around the home since this was done, but that's another video to come.

Hope you enjoy!

mario299

THERE'S NO FREE LUNCH !!

This is a YouTube video I did of the building of our home near Prasat, started in December, 2007. We've done quite a lot more around the home since this was done, but that's another video to come.

Hope you enjoy!

mario299

Looks really lovely mate, well done and glad it seemed to go well with no hassle... well done..

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Looks really lovely mate, well done and glad it seemed to go well with no hassle... well done..

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it, we had a really great time with it, and since I was able to be here for almost the whole time of the build it helped to keep the problems to a minimum.

THERE'S NO FREE LUNCH !!

Nice house. She can be lucky has good man take care about her. What about total expense of house?

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Thanks and congrats. Especially congrats for being at the job site almost daily and NOT ending up in jail. :)

You did an excellent job capturing pictures from beginning to end.

Good luck!!

Nice house. She can be lucky has good man take care about her. What about total expense of house?

Thank you, and I am a lucky man to have found a very good woman. We built the house on land she already owned and made a contract with the builder for a fixed amount of labor to build it, and we would purchase all the materials. He made up the material lists and ordered for us, we paid the material bills at the end of the month.

This way allowed us to pick and choose the best materials we could find. The roofing is CPAC Monier, all the plumbing, sinks, etc are Cotto, and so forth. The builder is a good one, and we have had him do several other projects for us.

We were able to build everything... the house,kitchen, wall and stainless steel gate in front... for just under 1 million baht. All told, with furniture, TV & stereo system, appliances etc, we have spent less than two million baht in total. I feel very fortunate.

I am working on another YouTube that will show what else we have been doing on this house since July 2008, so stay tuned!

THERE'S NO FREE LUNCH !!

Thank you, and I am a lucky man to have found a very good woman. We built the house on land she already owned and made a contract with the builder for a fixed amount of labor to build it, and we would purchase all the materials. He made up the material lists and ordered for us, we paid the material bills at the end of the month.

This way allowed us to pick and choose the best materials we could find. The roofing is CPAC Monier, all the plumbing, sinks, etc are Cotto, and so forth. The builder is a good one, and we have had him do several other projects for us.

We were able to build everything... the house,kitchen, wall and stainless steel gate in front... for just under 1 million baht. All told, with furniture, TV & stereo system, appliances etc, we have spent less than two million baht in total. I feel very fortunate.

I am working on another YouTube that will show what else we have been doing on this house since July 2008, so stay tuned!

Thank you for all your information in this interesting topic. Your info can be really useful for some another BM if start same idea build house in Thailand. Good job mario 299. Good luck !

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Thank you for all your information in this interesting topic. Your info can be really useful for some another BM if start same idea build house in Thailand. Good job mario 299. Good luck !

Thank you, I hope it is helpful in some way to someone, as I am trying to give a little back for all the help and advice I have received from others, after I decided that Thailand was where I wanted to be.

THERE'S NO FREE LUNCH !!

....and since I was able to be here for almost the whole time of the build it helped to keep the problems to a minimum.

Hi Mario,

Like myself, you're being able to be on site during the build of your home is I believe pretty much vital.

I really enjoyed the video & look forward to the next. :Good_Post:

BTW, Your home looks fantastic, could I ask if are you planning to live there full time or is that for later in life? I can't yet live in my Iissan pad - we're waiting for our kids to leave school first!

Thanks for sharing it with everyone.

Thanks for the video of your home build,with the termites fairly active in Thailand, it looks like a wise move building your roof support from steel and reducing the amount of wood used in the building of the house, does your builder work anywhere in Thailand or does he only operate in the local area.

Hi Mario,

Like myself, you're being able to be on site during the build of your home is I believe pretty much vital.

I really enjoyed the video & look forward to the next. :Good_Post:

BTW, Your home looks fantastic, could I ask if are you planning to live there full time or is that for later in life? I can't yet live in my Iissan pad - we're waiting for our kids to leave school first!

Thanks for sharing it with everyone.

Thanks swagman, I also went through your whole thread and certainly enjoyed your experiences.

I decided to retire shortly after we completed our home, as I was a remodeling contractor in America and the drastic change in the economy made that decision pretty easy. I have now been here in the Surin area for almost two straight years, and absolutely love it.

I finished my next video last night and will post it very soon. It covers some more of the things we discovered we needed to do after July, 2008.

Thanks for watching!

THERE'S NO FREE LUNCH !!

Thanks for the video of your home build,with the termites fairly active in Thailand, it looks like a wise move building your roof support from steel and reducing the amount of wood used in the building of the house, does your builder work anywhere in Thailand or does he only operate in the local area.

Hi Harry Brown

Thanks for you interest, and I agree about the termites (and ants), they are everywhere! I am constantly on the lookout for trouble with the bugs. I have re-varnished all the doors at least once, and watch things like the base mouldings and interior window casings very closely.

Our builder has done houses in other areas (Pattaya, I think), so I would think the answer is yes, he would travel, but I think it would depend on where. He uses the same crews for everything, his locals, rather than just hire anyone, so that would be something for him to consider, I would think.

If you have something in mind, send me a PM and I can get you his info. Glad you enjoyed it.

THERE'S NO FREE LUNCH !!