Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Getting a mobile phone in Pattaya

TK_Knightster

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did try searching but couldn't find anything??

What I wanted to know was how easy, where would I go to get a mobile phone on a pay as you go mobile network in pattaya. I want a seperate phone as I don't like the idea of taking my phone out with me as I use if for work and cannot afford to lose it if I am out and about, drinking etc........

Just wondered how easy it would be to get a phone?

Tuk com , Lotus , Big c .

Hand the cash walk out with phone .

Top it up in every 7/11 , 24 hours a day .

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did try searching but couldn't find anything??

What I wanted to know was how easy, where would I go to get a mobile phone on a pay as you go mobile network in pattaya. I want a seperate phone as I don't like the idea of taking my phone out with me as I use if for work and cannot afford to lose it if I am out and about, drinking etc........

As you are from the UK you can go and buy any cheap phone from the carphone warehouse (usually under a tenner)but you will need to top it up. All the PAYG handsets sold there are unlocked. Just go to a 7/11 and buy a sim card on arrival or I believe you can get one at the airport when you arrive.

Maybe easier for you then wasting precious time shopping around.

I too wanted some advise on this issue

Is there a mobile PAYG chip that will also offer mobile internet?

I think tuk com is best to have a telephone.they have prices ranging from 20 A 150$

True SIM, 12Call, DTAC all offer mobile internet.

A shitty motorola will cost you 1000baht and a sim card costs about 100. Easy as piss, in and out in 5 minutes with a Thai phone and number.

Go to tukcom they all for phone, internet chip

Thanks for the replies, so if I buy a phone here in UK as suggested, it's just a case of popping in a PAYG simcard and away I go?

• 9 months later...

I bought a Thai SIM card on my first trip, but couldn't get it to work on my phone (unlocked). I just couldn't get past the language barrier to top up (even phoned customer service but their English wasn't good enough).

So this time, I just want to buy a cheap pay-as-you-go phone with credit already on, or have the shop assistant top it up for me. Is there anywhere in Pattaya that does this?

I think most people have a cheap phone to take out and about in Thailand for obvious reasons

I bought a Thai SIM card on my first trip, but couldn't get it to work on my phone (unlocked). I just couldn't get past the language barrier to top up (even phoned customer service but their English wasn't good enough).

So this time, I just want to buy a cheap pay-as-you-go phone with credit already on, or have the shop assistant top it up for me. Is there anywhere in Pattaya that does this?

As others have said Tukcom have a huge choice of new and used phones. If you buy your sim card from them the will usually install it and get it working for you. You can top it up with a top up card or electronically in the local 7-11, Family Mart, Tesco/Lotus Express.

Most of the supermarkets have stalls selling phones like Tukcom.

where exactly is tukcom ?

Tukcom is on Pattaya Tai close to the end of Soi Buakhao

I believe you can buy phones and sim cards at Swampy airport in the arrivals area.

I had a phone when I arrived, but bought a sim card. I'm pretty sure there are phone vendors there too. It may be a bit more expensive than Tuk Com but much more convenient, especially if it is your first trip to Pattaya.

Or buy a phone before you go; any unlocked quad-band GSM phone will work. I bought one on Amazon before I left so all I needed was a Thai sim card.

As others have said, you can add value at most any convenience store, which are everywhere in Pattaya.

• 4 weeks later...

where exactly is tukcom ?

coming from the beach along Pattaya Tai , easy walking distance, building is on the right, multiple floors, mobiles on ground floor,

then separate floors for videos, software, hardware etc.. basement sells food. bought a Samsung Galaxy SII there (original), paid

13000 THB , copies were selling for about 7500-8000 THB. Big retail shops were selling the original for 19500 THB at the time.

phone was the dealer's own phone, virtually brand new, not a scratch, perfect! except that the guy was gay and did not purge

the videos he took of interaction between himself and some of his mates. deleted the videos and gave the phone a good clean. :Think1: