IGNORED

what does these sak yant tattoos mean/represent?

Hey ,iv looked hard and long but still cannot find the meaning of these three sak yants! ,plz, if some one is able can you tell me what these three mean/represent

thanks all

Dave

(ps/ Image number 3 is from out very own BM BAM BAM's web site found here, I hope you dont mind me using the picture here Paul? thanks

http://www.poodumtattoo.com/

48863775.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

98931755.th.jpg

32458957.th.jpg

Posted Image

Thanks for very interesting and enlightening link. It was very interesting for reading.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Here is one more link with loads of info: http://www.sak-yant.com/

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Cheers guys, although i have seen and explored both sites on numerous occasions looking for the meaning of these exact yants without success.

Can anyone else help me out here with a semi-detailed explanation of what they stand for/represent

Thanks

Dave

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

The first one is a rather elaborate Rahoo, whenever there is an eclipse the Thais believe Rahoo has taken a bite out of the Sun / Moon, I have a rather large Rahoo on my back, without the winged bits on the top, it may be a combination of 2 Sak Yants.

The second is a Hanuman, the Monkey Buddha.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Hi Jumpman i could be wrong but i am not that sure they mean a particular thing. When receiving the Sak Yant you should make merit to Buddha and when the tattoo is being carried out blessing should be done. The are for good luck and protection as far as i know i have the first one large size on my back and Hanuman plus a couple of others as far as i was aware they have no meaning just good luck and protection. Choke Dee

It represents respect and believe in those image. Some beileve that it will make u lucky, protect u from accident etc

• 1 month later...

The first Yant is Pra Narai Song Krut Chut Pised (Vishnu riding Garudas, Nagas and seated on Pra Rahu)

Vishnu is the saviour

garuda is his vehicle

Nagas are the protectors

Rahu improves Karma

This Yant is mainly for Maha Amnaj (commanding power) but also has Metta.

Pra Rahu improves karma and removes bad luck

This is not a tattoo for anyone to get, but these days because of pop culture and the fact that sak yant are now gone up from 99 baht to tens of thousands of baht, that most Ajarns will be tempted to 'tattoo to order' for the farang

In the past, most people would be refused this tattoo for it can be dangerous if it is not fitting with the devotee. Even can induce insanity in a weak mind.

Second Yant is Hanuman Plaeng Rit (in super transformation rage - same as a superhero)

Eight arms Hanuman. This is good for many people ranging from warriors (soldiers and Muay Thai and military) through to gamblers and casanovas

Hanuman is the god of loyalty (he was a loyal servant) and lends the following qualities to the wearer;

Invincibility, charm, commanding power, popularity, winning power, agility, intelligence

Hanuman never loses, which is why he is so popular with Thai Boxers, as well as the fact he is so agile warrior.

The third one is Yant Kroo Poo Dam - the trademark of Ajarn Anek of Poodum Tattoo. This tattoo should only be done by Ajarn Anek who is the inheritor of the Poo Dam lineage. (Luang Por Dam was his uncle)

Ajarn Anek is a Pattaya Based 'Ruesi'

I say 'Ruesi' in dittos because actually Ruesi should keep 5 precepts.

Ajarn Anek is a great sak yant tattooer

But he drinks about a liter of whisky every night after close the samnak, which of course is not what a Ruesi Does

In Thailand we have disco-ers, drinkers and womanizers who call themself Ruesi and get away with it because the general public still are not aware of what a real Ruesi does

A Real Ruesi does not drink or otherwise

In India 'real Ruesi' smoke cannabis all the time

I cant comment on that because as a Buddhist, i see the attachment to temporary pleasures as a root cause of rebirth in Samsara, which makes any kind of intoxicating substance a cause of return to birth aging, sickness and death

So in fact the Ruesi (Rsi) of India may indeed attain Jhanic meditational states with the aid of intoxicating herbs, but that the p;leasure which comes with such is addictive, and thus does not lead to liberation

But the truth is that the word Ruesi means 'seer' more or less, or wise wizard

If we look at that interpretation, then it doesnt matter if a Ruesi is a drunkard or not

Same as a mage, who doesnt keep moral precepts

But if the rules of sak yant are the 5 precepts, and the master giving you the sak yant doesnt even manage to keep those 5 precepts, for me, that means a charlatan or an incomplete practice

Beware of the ignorance and self trickery of the Human race, for indeed we are good at conning ourselves

Listen to your heart when choosing a Master, for sak yant is not a tempting source of money for those who know how to poke a stick with a needle, but nmot all people with some ink and a stick really have practiced meditation, kasina, and Psychic development

few in fact do this, and the rest are rolling in the hunbdred-times inflated prices they are getting from foreign 'devotees'

Most foreigners with a sak yant cant even keep one single precept never mind 5 so actually none of these tattoos will protect them at all, and they will all 'sueam' (go bad)

You cant drive a spaceship without training, and a sak yant wont work unless you follow the rules

But people want their cake and eat it.

Human ignorance as i already said.

Power comes from training and accumulated merit

success comes from effort

without effort, nothing amounts to anything

You can not get a sacred tattoo and then sit in a beer bar swearing and lifting girls over your shoulder and having a fight with the locals

well you can but the tattoo will totally rot from inside out and become inhabited by evil forces, which will bring you bad luck

Read my Ezine 'Buddha Magic' - http://www.thailand-...category=419479

Buddhism is the most profound and wholesome education directed by the Buddha towards all people. Five precepts are the curriculum of Buddhist teaching, which are embraced in the moral code of Buddhism. By observing precepts, not only do you cultivate your moral strength, but you also perform the highest service to your fellow beings. The Five Precepts are:

• Do not kill
  • Do not steal
  • Do not indulge in sexual misconduct
  • Do not make false speech
  • Do not take intoxicants

Nice to know that the buddhist bar girls are following there religion with a fine eye for detail.

Buddhism is the most profound and wholesome education directed by the Buddha towards all people. Five precepts are the curriculum of Buddhist teaching, which are embraced in the moral code of Buddhism. By observing precepts, not only do you cultivate your moral strength, but you also perform the highest service to your fellow beings. The Five Precepts are:

• Do not kill
  • Do not steal
  • Do not indulge in sexual misconduct
  • Do not make false speech
  • Do not take intoxicants

Nice to know that the buddhist bar girls are following there religion with a fine eye for detail.

Read more:

http://thailandlando.../#ixzz1d0po0f33

Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

The path to Arahantship/Enlightenment/Liberation from rebirth and Subsequent suffering are one thing

Conditioned Thought, religion, and the understanding of an Unenlightened Person ave nothing to do with Enlightenment

If a marketing mogul takes an underground music and makes pop out of it (cashes in) then the movement is destroyed in the eyes of the unenlightened public

But the principles fro which the movement stood remain what they were

So it is with the Dhamma as expounded by Lord Buddha

If he taught that the dependent origination and Upadhana (because of Avijja) are the causes of rebirth and eventual aging, sickness and death (suffering/Dhukkha), and that the way to escape this wheel is to let go of all craving, and the Monk who hears the lesson then decides to get involved with charitable projects, fundraisers, hospital building etc - then that monk or student has not understood the way.

Although it is good to care and good to get involved with social and charitable projects, such a practitioner will attain great merits and possibly ascend to be reborn as a Deva in one of the six Heavenly Realms. But whilst one is still caught up in actively involving oneself, then one is not letting go, and actually still lost in clinging to impermanent things.

What i mean is, that although the Dhamma was true before the Buddha taught it, was true as he taught it, and will always be true, this does not mean that Humans (including bar girls) will b e able to understand it

The truth is that even science geniuses amongst us and other intelligentia are all stupid, because we are emotionally undeveloped and still follow our inclinations instincts and desires like a doggy follows the smells on the road.

To a Deva, the pastimes we enjoy are as disgusting as if we were to watch a doggy chewing on a crispy dry white turd - the doggy thinks it is fun and exquisite delicacy, but for the wiser Human it is simply a dirty piece of faeces and not fun at all.

In general, We Humans do not have the wisdom to make the wise decisions in life and are simply seeking to repeat the temporary fulfillment of the various tewmporary thrills available in the material world

This is where Upadhana comes into it.

Upadhana means clinging or addiction or better said. 'the feeling that one wants a repeat of the pleasure one has already had one or more times before'

So every time you finish your meal you want a cigarette

you smoke it get fulfilled then both the craving for a cigarette AND the fulfilled feeling both fade and disappear

for a while, we are happy, then after a while, we start getting the itchy feeling for a repeat..

Sex is the same

We can never be fulfilled by this yo-yo set of feelings and sensations which trigger the inner emotions and reactions

It is impermanent pleasures and ultimately only leads to suffering when we can no longer partake of those pleasures

Five Precepts

Even if we go to a temple for three days and take 5 or 8 precepts or 10 even

we say it and make sure we are not doing or seen to be doing anything that is not within the precepts

But actually, it is not that our heart/mind does not want sex, does not want a second helpiing, does not want to lie...

The Sila (precepts) are simply words on this level of practice

It is only when the minds inner eye and watchful part of the mind (mindfulness - sathi+sampajanya) has awoken, that we can observe what is within the heart in each present moment

When we develop the decision to want to keep sila and we know why we should keep them and what benefits arise therefrom

Then we will become like wardens of our own heart and watch over what intentions and abstract feelings are currently present within the heart

When we see dishonest thought or Desire or anger or dislike or mistrust etc

We will recognize the impurity and the negative results which come from such

When this happens, we will slowly clean our hgearts out and remove the impurity, willingly and of our own accord and effort

This then, will be the true Sila (Moral Precepts/Virtues)

When it is a ritual we say and try to keep as rules, they are just 'moral precepts'

But when our heart is capable of nothing but remaining within those parameters of behavior, then this is when we have true 'moral virtue'

The first stage is that.. stage 1.

The second stage is the realization (making real of) true natural spontaneous morality

Now most people not only bar girls but also corporate erxecutives and learned scholars do not have enough developed insight to actually practice Buddhist with an awakened mind and true mindfulness.

Insight must be developed and it takes a practitioner decades of diligent effort to be able to truly practice the Dhamma.

So we should not be angry that people mess up with Buddhism, because we all do to a greater or lesser extent, except for the Arya Bukkon (Noble Beings) of eight kinds of awakening being.. these eight are not carless in their speech thoughts or actions

Buddhism is a social worldly project and a way of preserving the higher dhammas in scripture

The path to liberation and ultimate awakening is something that Buddhism teaches, but the truth and the path are not Buddhism

Buddhism is something to cling to and practice until we learn not to cling

and the Dhamma teachings are eternal truths which Buddhism is quite good at explaining and giving methods of practice which work.

But the Dhamma existed before Buddhism.

The Dhamma was not invented by the Buddha, it was explained. he said that he did not invent it or think of it himself, rather that it was is and always will be here. he just uncovered it and began the turning of the wheel of the Dhamma on Earth.

5 Precepts are difficult for people to practice because they do not know the causes of suffering

They do not know themself

they do not know their own hearts

All this lies outside of the path.

People look for help in this life.. some thing to make them rich or lucky or attractive or popular

few people see life as suffering, and most people do not seek a way out of rebirth

So the Dhamma has little to offer people mostly, whereas Saiyasart (magic) has more to offer

Because Thai Buddhism is mixed with Saiyasart and Brahmanism, people dont understand Buddhism properly

They are different paths of practice with differing goals.

The reason that many monks, ajarns and masters tell their Looksit (students) to keep 5 precepts is, because they are not able to get into higher practices, so at least if they keep the 5 rules even if their hearts are still desiring to break those rules, then they will be safe from rebirth in any of the lower realms such as hell, hungry ghosts, and monsters and animals kingdoms

If we keep 5 precepts we will only be reborn as a human, deva or a brahma.

This at least allows us to continue practicing the dhamma and work our way upwards.

It takes billions and billions of lives to develop enough wisdom to wish to escape rebirth

So it is normal if we are still attached to life, and being an individual

For some practitioners, the sensation of being a separate individual is ore of a painful experience and an illusion to destroy.

Imagine being 'fred' forever...

or 'betty' forever

death and rebirth is good in the sense that whilst one must have an incarnate body and suffer the illusion of separateness and the 'self', at least one can have a change of airs once in a while..

because being 'betty' for 1000000000 billion trillion aeons would become total hell..

i wonder if explaining this to the bar girls would help them keep their precepts.. or more probably get me thrown out of the bar for being a boring wierdo!

I wont be able to test it because i dont drink and i dont go to beer bars either..

Its against my precepts :Think1:

Read my Ezine 'Buddha Magic' - http://www.thailand-...category=419479

• 1 month later...

As any doctor or mortician will confirm, there is no positive statistical bias toward survival for having a magical tattoo when it comes to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. More harm comes to those who can't rationalize beyond joo joo incantations and invisible beings. From neglected peasant to well-respected scion, there are many folks in Thailand that violate the 5 basic precepts on an hourly basis in the conduct of their business, their love-life, and their leisure. No one seems a tad bit bit worried about it until someone else is doing something they don't agree with...kind of like you. So thanks for the interesting information about the yants and your personal opinions about the way others are living their lives to their content. You don't pollute your body with intoxicants or hang out at beer bars. Yeah, we get it. You're a saintly monk of your own volition, but the rest of the world is not.

It takes billions and billions of lives to develop enough wisdom to wish to escape rebirth

So it is normal if we are still attached to life, and being an individual

You do realize that there haven't been even a million generations since Homo erectus?

Edited by Toxic Ambrosia

I BF'd a cutie with one of these on her back, now I would like to know is it good luck or bad luck to blow your load over one of these tatts??