IGNORED

Where to buy used cell phone in Pattaya

Titmouse

Can anyone suggest the best places to go shopping for used cell phones in Pattaya?

I gave away my cellphone a year ago and intend to buy another in Pattaya when I get there in October. I only need one to exchange txt msgs and maybe occasional phone calls with girls in Thailand and the Philippines. I'll just pop out the sim. I want a cheap but decent phone, second hand. The last one I bought was from a small store in the area between Walking Street and Second Road, near where I was staying. This time I'll be in LK Metro.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Mate why on earth would you consider buying a second hand mobile that's been used by a Thai and probably dropped on the road 50 times and dropped into cups of coffee (yes I seen my Thai missis doing all these things) when you can buy a brand new one in Tesco or Big C from as low as 500-600 Bt for a basic model. I looking in Tesco the other week and they were selling a budget Nokia for about 699Bt, think it had MP3 and FM and games and shit but no camera of course. Don't buy anything electronic second hand.

...you can buy a brand new one in Tesco or Big C from as low as 500-600 Bt for a basic model. I looking in Tesco the other week and they were selling a budget Nokia for about 699Bt, think it had MP3 and FM and games and shit but no camera of course. Don't buy anything electronic second hand.

Thanks. Good point! I may have slipped into Cheap Charlie mode without thinking.

If you just want basic calls and text messages then follow pubstud's advice and stop by any electronic section in Big C or Tesco supermarkets and pick out a new one, I saw one today for 550 baht in Tesco.

If you are on LK Metro and don't want to taxi it to Big C or Tesco, you could make a 10 minute walk over to Tuk Com and see what they have to offer, but I doubt you'll find anything cheaper.

• 3 months later...