IGNORED

Blessing\cleansing by a monk?

Hi all ,A thought has just come to mind for my upcoming trip to Thailand.

In the past (like most of us) i have not been the best behaved boy in the world lol

Done drugs..

Binge drink-ed to excess 'i just cannot say no when iv had a scoop!' with horrible consequences to others.

Nasty to people in the past ETC

My question is are we able to pray with a monk or be blessed by one? And be cleansed of all the wrong doings we have done, so you become pure so to speak to continue living a good life (a new start if you will). Perhaps even by following simple rules of the Buddha afterwards?

I know its a deep question but someone must know if this is possible? and if so where abouts in Pattaya or Bangkok?

Thanks for your time all

Dave :Cross_Fingers:

Posted Image

One of the great things about the buddhist religion is that you are not there to be "Judged". I would suggest that you go to any temple with your TGF to act as an interpreter as most monks do not speak much English. I am sure that for a small token of your gratitude they will be happy to oblige. It will also give you good standing with your TGF and a great feeling of peace and contentment for yourself. Perhaps you can make it a semi regular ritual.

image.png

Hi been blessed Twice in last few Year. Once in Koh Samui 4yrs ago found it moving and not really understand from my point gave 500 Baht offering.

Last Year when in Chaing Mai sought out in the Silver Temple another blessing now understanding more.

For me a strange expirience felt very moved by it understanding it more and boy are those Monks laid back really cool with no judgemental view.

Buddha is wise and makes much more sense to me than the Teaching I had as a kid.

Thanks a lot guys! I was starting to think I would not get an answer to this question but you have both proved me wrong with exelent responses :-)

I so want to get this done, and will follow advice and take a little lovely with me to a temple some where while in pattaya.

GHOST MEDIC999 when you say it was a strange experience how do you mean? Is it the chanting etc? And if you speak no Thai how did you understand it more the second time in Chang mai?

I know it's a BIG BIG statement but when I get this done & a Sak yant or 2 toward the end of the holiday I am seriously considering quitting drinking lol ,,. Not done drugs for AGES so that's not a problem. Resisting temptation will be very hard but will have the blessing/cleansing and the yant to remind me why

Nice1 fellas

Dave

Posted Image

I took a TG to the 'Big Bhudda' on Pratmanik (spell) hill a few times on my last trip. She said that sometimes when she

is not happy she goes Bhudda and recieves a blessing, sits and contemplates for a while. It's interesting

for sure and you can't help but be moved somewhat by the experience.

I'm not a religeous person by any means but Christianity and Islam both have their hypocracy they have both sanctioned great attrocities

in the name of their gods. Bhudda just wants us to live good lives and be nice to eachother, what can be wrong with that..

peace...

Live good lives and be nice to each other :)

What a wicked religion it is hey hehe ....I myself am not a religious person, what so ever!! ,however, I really do love every thing about bhudism.

Posted Image

If you are really serious about this, I suggest you do like the Thais do.

Go to a temple located far from Pattaya and its temptations.

You can not do this in all temples, only some. If you wanna do this, ask thai girls about temples names/location.

When you come to the temple be sure you have clothes for changing.

The latest fashion at any temple is plain white.

Just go with all white clothes, and u will be fine :)

Well inside the temple you can choose how long time you want to stay.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9++++ days.

Its up to you.

They have a planned schedule on whats happening at different times a day.

Example food-talk buddha-resting-food-talk buddha.... etc....

Your stay in the temple is completely free, they dont charge you for anything.

Food + sleeping free in other words.

Note you are separated from womens camp. So you can not stay inside with your thai girlfriend etc.

Buddhist or not, this will make you thinking and cleanse your mind.

Ask any thai girl about it, and they surely can explain to you a lot more then I can.

Cheers and good luck!

CXNID=1000015.12NXC.gif

Thanks a lot guys! I was starting to think I would not get an answer to this question but you have both proved me wrong with exelent responses :-)

I so want to get this done, and will follow advice and take a little lovely with me to a temple some where while in pattaya.

GHOST MEDIC999 when you say it was a strange

experience how do you mean? Is it the chanting etc? And

if you speak no Thai how did you understand it more the

second time in Chang mai?

I know it's a BIG BIG statement but when I get this done & a Sak yant or 2 toward the end of the holiday I am seriously considering quitting drinking lol ,,. Not done drugs for AGES so that's not a problem. Resisting temptation will be very hard but will have the blessing/cleansing and the

yant to remind me why

Nice1 fellas

Dave

Hi Dave

When I said strange it hard to explain just seemed very surreal and touching.

I understood more because I looked up and grasped what it meant and the Monk spoke some Tinglish.

I would defo do it again in a few Years and not a God Squad sort of person but all this Karma Buddist stuff for me makes sense ( at least a bit more )

Will see if I can dig out a few Snaps I have

Good man cheers , wold be cool to see a pic or 2.... There is nothing worse than a bible basher ramming religion down your kneck!!

Just pisses ya off lol , bhuddism seams so much more peaceful.

Posted Image

I went to a temple for the first time last trip, actually a couple of times when we went to the village.

For a seeming dirt poor area, the temple was amazing.

Size and number of buddha's was eye opening.

I found out I could dedicate one myself for 65,000B

All in all it was a very nice trip and the head monk was a really cool guy.

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

A lot of the 'short termers' in the temples are actually criminals seeking to redeem themselves (I can't say with how much sincerity) in the eyes of the community so I guess that means the answer to your question is yes you can be forgiven by the act of "Tham Bun" (creating merit) although I'm not sure how much "Bun" you get for asking a Monk's blessing. A small donation to the Temple perhaps? :D

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

If your serious. Find somewhere away from pats and bkk. What you are asking I would compare to having a serious and deeply speritual wedding in vegas!!!

You dont need to bring some tg fling for this to work. Probably better off finding a temple with some english speaking monks that can also guide you and anwser questions besides blessing you. A tg will have a very limited vocabulary to explain what the monk is actually saying and doing.

It all depends how much you really want to change. And if your really ready for it.

"you can put makeup on a pig........."

Thats not meant to be mean. But there is no quick fix and a 5 minute session to the problems in life. I'm not in any way the best person here and I know it's hard, but it takes more than a trip to sin city and a short time ritual if your sincere about it.

If you want to dig deeper, i can try to find the name of a temple where there are monks that speak english

If your serious. Find somewhere away from pats and bkk. What you are asking I would compare to having a serious and deeply speritual wedding in vegas!!!

You dont need to bring some tg fling for this to work. Probably better off finding a temple with some english speaking monks that can also guide you and anwser questions besides blessing you. A tg will have a very limited vocabulary to explain what the monk is actually saying and doing.

It all depends how much you really want to change. And if your really ready for it.

"you can put makeup on a pig........."

Thats not meant to be mean. But there is no quick fix and a 5 minute session to the problems in life. I'm not in any way the best person here and I know it's hard, but it takes more than a trip to sin city and a short time ritual if your sincere about it.

If you want to dig deeper, i can try to find the name of a temple where there are monks that speak english

lol i understand, respect and know what your saying, I know it's hard to change anything in life.

my first post potrays me as a dick after reading it again lol, far from it. I am a good lad thats done some mad shit but deep down i know im one of the good guys :-)

thanks for your answer and i would love for you to point me in the direction of a temple where the monks speak english

thanks

Dave

Posted Image