IGNORED

A Review of LK Metropole and LK Renaissance

rob44

Recommend LK Metropole. Got a One Bedroom room (double normal room) for 3 nights for 7700 baht. Included Breakfast was awesome with everything from Grilled Salmon Steak, to burgers, to Pad Thai... Good location, Awesome Gym. Was ready to fight with them about Teerak having to give ID card, but was never questioned once

Thanks for your review.. was considering the Metropole but after reading this and also a thread where items were stolen by the maids, I think I'll just stay at Areca. If you only see a few cockroaches, you know that the walls are riddled with them.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Thanks for your review.. was considering the Metropole but after reading this and also a thread where items were stolen by the maids, I think I'll just stay at Areca. If you only see a few cockroaches, you know that the walls are riddled with them.

I never saw anything remotely consistent with Cockroaches at Metropole. As for maids stealing, also not an issue. all my valuables were in the safe. A few things were lying around but left untouched. They even washed my dishes one day

Just a word of warning though. Areca is currently undergoing extensive renovations of the main pool area. So if you are going in the next couple of weeks, you'll have to make do with the small pool at the front, and possibly construction noise from the main pool. I cut through there on the way to the cinemas's and was happy to see this. I came very close to bookin Areca based on that pool alone, and would have been royally pissed

I stayed at Metropole for 4 days in November 2010 and had a very nice delux room with no cockroaches. Breakfast is pretty basic, but no need for girls to leave ID card which I prefer as I am shy. Mind you this was only one girl at a time, I didn't test out their acceptance of two girls. The location is a bit of an issue if you start barfining the lovely Soi Diana girls, makes it harder to escape to Second Road and beyond without any issues :Busted:

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed four nights at the LK Metropole in March, and it was okay. Some impressions: shower awkward to use and always filled up the floor with water; insects in the room; smallish but nice pool was attractive but not adequate for exercising; included breakfast buffet was excellent; staff were very professional; my deluxe room was in the back, and featured a very small balcony looking into the backside of another building; non-smoking room reeked of stale tobacco; location is excellent, with Lolita's, several go-gos, some comfy bars and a short walk to Mike's and Beach Road. All in all, it was much more expensive than it should have been, but adequate for a short stay.