IGNORED

Bangkok sky train (BTS) adds five new stations on its Sukhumvit line

benny31

BANGKOK SKY TRAIN (BTS) ADDS FIVE NEW STATIONS ON ITS SUKHUMVIT LINE

Bangkok’s popular mass transit system, the Skytrain, has added another five new stations on its Sukhumvit Line. These are Bang Chak (E10), Punnavithi (#11), Udomsuk (E12), Bang Na (E13) and Bearing (E14).

The extension from On Nut to Soi Bearing between Soi Sukhumvit 105 and 107 was opened on August 12, 2011, to coincide with HM the Queen’s birthday.

Boosting Convenience For Visitors and MICE Delegates

This new 5.28-kilometre extension of the Sukhumvit Line, which runs along Bangkok’s most important commercial and residential thoroughfare, Sukhumvit Road, now provides direct access to the Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre (BITEC) and opens up significant business potential for a number of small hotels and guest-houses in the southeastern suburbs of Bangkok. This further enhance the appeal of visiting one of Asia’s most popular tourist cities.

The service will be free of charge only between the five new stations until January 2, 2012, after which a 15 baht fee will be collected, on top of fees collected from the original BTS route.

Since its opening in December 1999, the SkyTrain has proved to be a blessing for tourists by helping them beat the city’s traffic conditions, thus getting much better value for time spent in the “City of Life”. The 30 stations along its combined length of 30.9 kilometres provide access to a huge number of city attractions, shopping complexes and hotels.

31-BANGKOK SKY TRAIN-T2.jpg

Visitors attending trade exhibitions, conferences and events at BITEC will find the new SkyTrain extension a huge advantage. They can now stay at hotels anywhere along the BTS routes, get off at Bang Na Station and hop aboard a shuttle service operated by BITEC from the Sukhumvit Road Entrance to its Exhibition Halls.

BITEC is also adding a Sky Walk, an elevated walkway complete with travelators that will deliver visitors from Sukhumvit Road to a new, air-conditioned Welcome Hall and also connect with a new main building planned for completion in 2012.

The BTS extension is a fucking nightmare (for me!). I commute from Phra Khanong to Chitlom every day and what was previously a three quarter full carriage is now rammed and often impossible to squeeze on. Luckily my fellow commuters are not schooled in the London/Tokyo art of pushing on to an already 'full' carriage and confident, aggressive farangs can normally force themselves on. And thank Buddha for the rampant air conditioning which makes the packed journey bearable, not to mention the many cute office and uni girls one gets crushed up against :Clap8:

Those two maps are very useful. I poked around and found the web site with similar local maps for the various skytrain stops:

http://www.bangkok-maps.com/bts.htm

I'm not sure where the high class fishbowls are, since I've never been to one, but I suspect they might be along the MRT somewhere. Can anyone suggest the best stop to get off to find them?

I'm not sure where the high class fishbowls are, since I've never been to one, but I suspect they might be along the MRT somewhere. Can anyone suggest the best stop to get off to find them?

Get off the Skytrain at Asoke. Go downstairs to the subway (MRT). Take the subway towards end station Bang Sue, and get off at Huai Khwang for Nataree, Caesars, Emmanuelle etc. or get off at Sutthisan for Poseidon.

bangkok%20bts%20map.jpg

001_Thank_You5.gif for the usefull maps. Much appreciated!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Get off the Skytrain at Asoke. Go downstairs to the subway (MRT). Take the subway towards end station Bang Sue, and get off at Huai Khwang for Nataree, Caesars, Emmanuelle etc. or get off at Sutthisan for Poseidon.

Thanks very much. If I get to try them out I'll write a report.

Thanks3.gif

Thanks for the information mate

It's on my to do list. :)

The BTS extension is a fucking nightmare (for me!). I commute from Phra Khanong to Chitlom every day and what was previously a three quarter full carriage is now rammed and often impossible to squeeze on. Luckily my fellow commuters are not schooled in the London/Tokyo art of pushing on to an already 'full' carriage and confident, aggressive farangs can normally force themselves on. And thank Buddha for the rampant air conditioning which makes the packed journey bearable, not to mention the many cute office and uni girls one gets crushed up against :Clap8:

I would be petrified if I were squashed against an office or uni girl , well a little bit of me would .

Edited by gullible

I would be petrified if I were squashed against an office or uni girl , well a little bit of me would .

It does take some self control and a strategically placed bag...

BANGKOK SKY TRAIN (BTS) ADDS FIVE NEW STATIONS ON ITS SUKHUMVIT LINE

Bangkok’s popular mass transit system, the Skytrain, has added another five new stations on its Sukhumvit Line. These are Bang Chak (E10), Punnavithi (#11), Udomsuk (E12), Bang Na (E13) and Bearing (E14).

The extension from On Nut to Soi Bearing between Soi Sukhumvit 105 and 107 was opened on August 12, 2011, to coincide with HM the Queen’s birthday.

Boosting Convenience For Visitors and MICE Delegates

This new 5.28-kilometre extension of the Sukhumvit Line, which runs along Bangkok’s most important commercial and residential thoroughfare, Sukhumvit Road, now provides direct access to the Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre (BITEC) and opens up significant business potential for a number of small hotels and guest-houses in the southeastern suburbs of Bangkok. This further enhance the appeal of visiting one of Asia’s most popular tourist cities.

The service will be free of charge only between the five new stations until January 2, 2012, after which a 15 baht fee will be collected, on top of fees collected from the original BTS route.

Since its opening in December 1999, the SkyTrain has proved to be a blessing for tourists by helping them beat the city’s traffic conditions, thus getting much better value for time spent in the “City of Life”. The 30 stations along its combined length of 30.9 kilometres provide access to a huge number of city attractions, shopping complexes and hotels.

post-6000-0-90797800-1315063868.jpg

Visitors attending trade exhibitions, conferences and events at BITEC will find the new SkyTrain extension a huge advantage. They can now stay at hotels anywhere along the BTS routes, get off at Bang Na Station and hop aboard a shuttle service operated by BITEC from the Sukhumvit Road Entrance to its Exhibition Halls.

BITEC is also adding a Sky Walk, an elevated walkway complete with travelators that will deliver visitors from Sukhumvit Road to a new, air-conditioned Welcome Hall and also connect with a new main building planned for completion in 2012.

Great info & thanks for the help & update.

:001_Thank_You5:

• 1 month later...