IGNORED

Immigration rule change (90 days report needs proof)

benny31

Immigration rule change

90 days report needs proof

The Jomtien based Chonburi Immigration Bureau has announced that long-stay foreigners with a one-year permission to stay, who are required to report their address every 90 days, now need extra documentation.

Immigration rule change.jpg

They need to fill in form TM 47 as in the past, but now must copy their passport and bring proof of address. The copied passport pages are the identification page, the current visa and the white arrival/departure card known as TM 6.

Proof of address can be a copy of a rent agreement, house or condo ownership paper or a recent utility bill or similar evidence which links the foreigner to a particular address. It is important that the proof is in the Thai language.

Full photocopying services are available in the car park area of Jomtien Immigration near the entrance to the building.

Police Colonel Chusak Panusumpon, superintendent of Chonburi Immigration Bureau, said that the requirement to produce the documentation was to ensure that the computerized processing of foreigners’ names, visa details and addresses went smoothly.

Only those foreigners on one-year visas who have resided in Thailand (without leaving) for the past three months need to report their Thai address. If they leave the country with a re-entry permit before the expiry of ninety days, then their due date for reporting will be three months after their return to Thailand.

This seems to only apply in Pattaya. Certainly the main immigration office in Bangkok (Chaengwattana) still only requires the completed TM47, passport and previous 90-day reporting slip.

This seems to only apply in Pattaya. Certainly the main immigration office in Bangkok (Chaengwattana) still only requires the completed TM47, passport and previous 90-day reporting slip.

I can't see any logic in it. Of course all these foreigners live in rooms, flats, condos, houses. Why the need to prove it? Do they think we might be living in tents on the beach? Or in treehouses maybe.

I can't see any logic in it. Of course all these foreigners live in rooms, flats, condos, houses. Why the need to prove it? Do they think we might be living in tents on the beach? Or in treehouses maybe.

I think it is just verification of where they are staying. I suspect they have been having problems locating people who they want to talk to.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Immigration rule change

90 days report needs proof

The Jomtien based Chonburi Immigration Bureau has announced that long-stay foreigners with a one-year permission to stay, who are required to report their address every 90 days, now need extra documentation.

Proof of Address new?

Maybe I'm dodgy but they've been asking me for that for 3+ years.

So far, I've used my Thai DL, bills in my name eg TOT, Hutch, a House Book together with Company docs showing my name and the address.

By far the easiest is the Thai DL, which has your address in Thai on the back, but I've moved so mine is incorrect.

So far, in the case of bills, they've wanted to keep the original and otherwise needed to see the original and keep a copy.

Maybe I'm dodgy...

:Good_Post::GrinNod1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

:Good_Post::GrinNod1:

Hmmmmmmm - didn't have to put up with this sort of abuse when you were a respectable and respected Mod.

Actually, come to think of it, I suppose you weren't and we did. Moon2.gif

I can't see any logic in it.

:P We have no customers in our Pattaya hotels or bars. New plan, lets put up our prices.

Farang on Holiday - "Erotic" is when you use a feather - "kinky" involves the whole chicken.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional - anon

:P We have no customers in our Pattaya hotels or bars. New plan, lets put up our prices.

Keh?

The price of Address Reporting is going up? That is new. rolleyes.gif

dilbert-sarcasm-supportiveness-difference.jpg