IGNORED

Sim card

PokerPaul84

Probably been covered somewhere before but but im too lazy to find it :-o

Travelling to pattaya this weekend and would like to know whats the best sim card to get for my phone, unlocked so should take any sim, thanks in advance gents

If you just want a thai number for local calls I believe 12call is the most popular but if you have a smart phone and want data and internet the True has

awsome 3G speed for mobiles \. I use it for Skype and tethering to my laptop. I think its about 600 baht for 3 Gigs and lasts one month

i like the simple sim by happy/dtac. it's cheap for calls and texts and you only have to recharge it once a year, so you can keep the same number

SN7tukw.gif

im going to do the same so thanks for the advice

<center><embed src="http://www.countdown...cond=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi.../getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace-Countdown-Clocks</a></small></center>

i like the simple sim by happy/dtac. it's cheap for calls and texts and you only have to recharge it once a year, so you can keep the same number

Changing number has been a pain in the ass but never took the time to investigate. What is name of SIM you only have to charge annually?

Probably been covered somewhere before but but im too lazy to find it :-o

Travelling to pattaya this weekend and would like to know whats the best sim card to get for my phone, unlocked so should take any sim, thanks in advance gents

DTAC is by far the most reliable carrier. I ve been here for 7 years , always on DTAC :)

Changing number has been a pain in the ass but never took the time to investigate. What is name of SIM you only have to charge annually?

that's the name, simple sim. get it at 7-11, its a brown package with a red apple on it

SN7tukw.gif

I took one from airport ladys and it spammed ads-txt all the time. I guess not so much ad-txts if you buy sim from 7eleven ?

I just have the basic 49b Happy sim I got from 7-11. If you top it off with enough baht you get a year extension. It's not a lot. Just check their website. I think it's like 1 or 200b and the year ext won't show till the next day. I just go to one of those change top off boxes and top it up W/all my change before heading home.

5092215048_03f8dea8c4.jpg

I used 12call and dtac in the past and never got more than 3 months. I think they have different sims and you have to get the right one......or maybe set the right options through the menu. Anyway, last trip I got a true move inter sim. It as soon as I put a few hundred on it I got 1 year. It's also 1 baht per minute to call Canada or US which I use a fair bit so that card worked out a lot cheaper for me. And, I'll have the same number when I go back in December.

I used 12call and dtac in the past and never got more than 3 months. I think they have different sims and you have to get the right one......or maybe set the right options through the menu. Anyway, last trip I got a true move inter sim. It as soon as I put a few hundred on it I got 1 year. It's also 1 baht per minute to call Canada or US which I use a fair bit so that card worked out a lot cheaper for me. And, I'll have the same number when I go back in December.

I forgot my SIM in August and bought the standard 199THB 12Call package at the airport and 6 weeks included. When leaving I asked how much to charge to keep number valid until December and where told 5-600 THB. The lady mention a 12Call SIM named "Sawadee" which where only sold from 12Call office priced 500THB and valid for a year. Anyone heard of it?

+1

I also like that you get a free message after each call telling you how much credit is left

plus they have a stand at the airport where you can buy & top up

True Intersim.

1 baht a minute all local calls

1 baht a minute to all international landlines via 00600 prefix.

One year validity

Unbeatable.

+1

I also like that you get a free message after each call telling you how much credit is left

plus they have a stand at the airport where you can buy & top up

True Intersim.

1 baht a minute all local calls

1 baht a minute to all international landlines via 00600 prefix.

One year validity

Unbeatable.

Which price are we talking abourt for 1 years validity?

Which price are we talking abourt for 1 years validity?

Maybe I'm not following the question.......but I got a true intersim last trip and after adding a few hundred baht I got an sms telling me it was valid for a year. When I added more time a couple of weeks later it extended to a year from that date. Since I call Canada/US several times from over there it was WAY cheaper than the other sim cards I've used.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably a dumb question, but, obviously, the InterSim will allow calls to countries other then Thailand when in Thailand, but, once out of Thailand, will the Sim card allow calls back to Thailand?

Thanks for the link and info. I'll be in LOS in a few weeks and plan on getting the InterSim when I get there.

This is probably a dumb question, but, obviously, the InterSim will allow calls to countries other then Thailand when in Thailand, but, once out of Thailand, will the Sim card allow calls back to Thailand?

Thanks for the link and info. I'll be in LOS in a few weeks and plan on getting the InterSim when I get there.

Probably because have kept mine in an unlocked mobile back here in the UK-It immediately picked up Voda by roaming so expect cost of usage would be high.

My total baht cost for 2 months usage called local and international was 313 baht in the end in total-use to burn through that in a week when before when using Dtac and AIS.

Probably because have kept mine in an unlocked mobile back here in the UK-It immediately picked up Voda by roaming so expect cost of usage would be high.

My total baht cost for 2 months usage called local and international was 313 baht in the end in total-use to burn through that in a week when before when using Dtac and AIS.

That's what I figured. It would just cost much more. Good to know. Thanks...

Just turn on IR roaming before you leave Thailand, and it can roam just about anywhere.

Just turn on IR roaming before you leave Thailand, and it can roam just about anywhere.

Okay. So I guess the best thing, then, when returning to LOS is to turn off the IR roaming to get better rates?

Thanks for the info.

When you are back in LOS, you are no longer roaming i.e. you are in your home country so no need to roam. No need to turn off IR.

When you are back in LOS, you are no longer roaming i.e. you are in your home country so no need to roam. No need to turn off IR.

Cool. As you can tell, I'm not real cell phone savvy, so it's great to be able to get questions like these answered. Saves a lot to hassle down the road.

Thanks for responding.