IGNORED

trouble .

troy wales

why is it every time i log on to this forum ,i keep geting a notice that a script on this page is causing internet explorer to run slowly ,please help im not up on computers

I get it sometimes as well. It seems to pop up on pages with photo's that have not been resized before posting (therefore it is resizing them to fit on the page)

possible?

I'm no 'puter tech either and it's only a guess.

I just say to shut off the script.

fyi

cheers

bert

Edited by philobert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

I get it sometimes as well. It seems to pop up on pages with photo's that have not been resized before posting (therefore it is resizing them to fit on the page)

possible?

I'm no 'puter tech either and it's only a guess.

I just say to shut off the script.

fyi

cheers

bert

thanks ,i get it on every page ,my computer wont work untill i click YES,does any one know a cure ,it is geting anoying

why is it every time i log on to this forum ,i keep geting a notice that a script on this page is causing internet explorer to run slowly ,please help im not up on computers

Method 1: Disable script debugging

If the only sign of a problem is the error message, and Web sites are working, you can probably ignore the error. Also, if the problem only happens on one or two Web pages, it might be a problem with those pages. If you decide to ignore the errors, you can disable script debugging.

Note If this problem occurs on more than one or two sites, do not disable script debugging. Go to method 2 now.

To turn off the Scripting Debugger in Internet Explorer 6, follow these steps:

1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

2. On the Advanced tab, click to select the Disable script debugging check box. and then click OK .

To turn off notification about every script error in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

2. On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.

Method 2: Test a Web page from another user account, another browser, and another computer

Use another user account, another browser, or another computer to view the Web pages that triggered a script error to determine whether the problem persists. If the script error persists, there may be a problem with the way the Web page is written. You can probably ignore the error and disable script debugging as described in method 1.

If the script error does not occur when you view the Web page from another user account, browser, or computer, the problem may be caused by files or by settings on your computer. Go to method 3 to continue to troubleshoot.

Method 3: Verify that Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java are not being blocked by Internet Explorer

Active scripting, ActiveX, and Java are all involved in shaping the way information displays on a Web page. If these are blocked on your computer, it may disrupt the display of the Web page. Reset the Internet Explorer security settings to make sure these are not blocked. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Start Internet Explorer.

2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

3. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.

4. Click Default Level.

5. Click OK.

Note ActiveX controls and Java programs are turned off at the High security level in Internet Explorer.

Try to open a Web page where you previously received a scripting error. If you do not receive the error, the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, go to Method 4.

Method 4: Remove all the temporary Internet-related files

Every time that you open a browser to view a Web page, your computer stores a local copy of that Web page in a temporary file. If the size of the temporary Internet files folder becomes too large, some display problems may occur when you open Web pages. Periodically clearing the folder might help resolve the issue.

To remove all the temporary Internet-related files from your computer when you use Internet Explorer 6, follow these steps:

3. Click the General tab.

4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings.

5. Click Delete Files, and then click OK.

6. Click Delete Cookies, and then click OK.

7. Under History, click Clear History, and then click Yes.

8. Click OK.

To remove all the temporary Internet-related files from your computer when you use Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

3. Click the General tab.

4. Under Browsing History, click Delete, and when you are prompted, click Yes to confirm.

5. In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, under Temporary Internet Files, click Delete Files, and when you are prompted, click Yes to confirm.

6. Under Cookies, click Delete Cookies, and when you are prompted, click Yes to confirm.

7. Under History, click Delete History, and when you are prompted, click Yes to confirm.

8. Click Close, and then click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.

Try to open a Web page where you previously received a scripting error. If you do not receive the error, the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, go to method 5.

Method 5: Install the latest service pack and software updates for Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 7

If you do not have the latest service pack or software upgrades for Internet Explorer 6 or 7, download and install them. They may contain updates that can help resolve the issue.

To install Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en)

Note Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 is recommended for systems that are running versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP.

To install the most current software updates for Internet Explorer 6 or for Internet Explorer 7, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://update.microsoft.com (http://update.microsoft.com)

So it's easy as that then....

cheers

bert

(guess I was wrong)

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Sometimes its simple I just covered all your options in easy steps

Anything se ya need let mr know

Sometimes its simple I just covered all your options in easy steps

Anything se ya need let mr know

i have tried steps 1 2 3 4 but nothing changed ,i then clicked on tools ,then security ,then internet ,then level ,then high ,and it all worked ok ,except i can see log in ??? but if i just leave it ,it just keeps saying the same .grrr Edited by troy wales

Ditch internet explorer and go with Firefox or chrome and see if you have the same problem.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

http://www.google.com/chrome

Bluntly you have done yourself a favour as Internet Explorer (IE) is the most vulnerable and worst tool to use.

The masses use IE as it is bundled with the Microsoft OS and the "hackers" play a numbers game (the true hackers are exceptionally clever but lazy) and focus on the "Browsers" that have the largest audience base where they can optimise the greatest amount of exploitation potential for the least effort. Moreover, they realise that the largest sector of naive internet users also use IE because they do not have the resources or capacity to understand what they are doing and the amount of exposure they are allowing.

Arrian has linked two open source (community) projects that are highly aware of the inability or lack of Desire of the masses to become "software engineers" and cyber security experts but want the "FOI" the net provides. Therefore Fire Fox and other Open Source products rapidly evolve with input from a very diverse cross section of society to counter threats in a lot more pro-active manner than IE ever does "because they want to" without this hindrance of who gets paid how much and why?