IGNORED

My experience at Hull Thai Consulate for Visa

xerive

Hi all,

Just thought I would post this for people who goto or use the Thai consulate in Hull.

Here is my experience today.

I applied for a multi entry tourist visa (X3) and paid £96.00

I gave them my documentation / passport and money (you can download the document from the thai consulate website just google thai consulate hull

They then went into a backroom whilst I waited around at the front happily talking to two other guys all getting different visas. One guy was getting his first ever marriage visa and another guy was getting an education visa for Muay Thai.

Anyway the marriage visa guy gives them his marriage certificate / money / passport nad documents - and the guy with the education visa did the same - handing all documents (including a letter from the gym) and we sat around talking.

After about 20 mins the lady comes out - hands over the passport to the marriage visa guy and says there you go theres your one year visa. Then my visa comes shortly after with 3 entries into thailand no problems whatsoever.

I read many times that there are "problems" etc getting visas etc etc but this is MY experience of the Hull consulate in England. The other guy also got his education visa no problem.

So it took 30 minutes - got my visa and I was out of there.

The 'problems' I've heard of are not about any of those Visas.

Tourist Visas are no problem from your home country AFAIK, but there is a problem reported of getting more than 2 in succession eg from Vientianne

The 'problems' reported are to do with the One Year Non Immigrant Multi-entry O Visa.

They are still being issued by Hull, but there have been reports of more Qs being asked as to why they are needed plus proof of interest here (Condo' ownership or marriage etc).

Some guys are reporting no problems.

The bottom line is that it's supposedly about guys working here illegally and an official was reported as saying that they were under pressure from UK Govt. to tighten up on back-to-back Visas due to Benefit and Pension Credit fraud.

The visa that appears to have caused so much grief recently is the Non Imm Multi Entry O for de facto relationships. So many guys, including myself, have been living in Thailand for donkey's years on this visa. It appears that word has gone out to all embassies/consulates to stop this one. Now to get the Non Imm Multi Entry O you must be legally married. Guys like myself who are not married but over 50 and have a pension/income/savings went onto retirement visas.

For the last 5 years I have dealt with Hull Thai consulate, both in person and by post and have found them helpful, efficient and very thorough. I will be goin there again soon for my next trip too!!!!! woooo hooooo.....trip #14............

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

have been dealing with hull for about 7 years , they have never caused me any problems , i have done loads of multipal entry visas through the postal system , and as long as that got the fee and passport and application form , my passport has always comeback quickly and with visa fine , unless it has change recently i would have no fear to use them again , has anyone evidence that has changed recently ,

.................................................. unless it has change recently i would have no fear to use them again , has anyone evidence that has changed recently ,

Evidence - no.

Apart from reading on another forum that they're tightening up, a friend I know well got a new one about 3 months ago and was told that next time he must bring back the Chanote for his Condo' or evidence of a business here etc and he said he was told 'off the record' that the guidelines were coming from the UK authorities who were trying to tighten up on Benefit and Pension Credit fraudsters who were staying long term in Thailand and pretending they were resident in UK..

That could easily be conjecture and/or complete bollox.

We really need to hear from someone who has got one in the last month or so.

The Hull Consulate are indeed very helpful and efficient - no question about that.

at last, living in hull is gonna be useful to me. if only for the fact that i am very near to the thai consulate.

I must say that I have had dealing with the Thai Consulate in Hull several times and no problems 10/10,I found then to be very helpful over he phone and very efficient as well.

I always use them and will recommend with out any hesitation. They provide good service,I get my multiple in 48hrs.

When I applied for my one year multiple in February this year they wanted to see a copy of my deeds for my apartment in LOS,she said to me the requirements for all multiple entry visas has changed.

................................................... , has anyone evidence that has changed recently ,

We really need to hear from someone who has got one in the last month or so.

When I applied for my one year multiple in February this year they wanted to see a copy of my deeds for my apartment in LOS,she said to me the requirements for all multiple entry visas has changed.

There's one confirmation it seems.

Any more out there?

at last, living in hull is gonna be useful to me. if only for the fact that i am very near to the thai consulate.

Edge to Reg.

I've heard tell they've linked up the CCTV there to an Image Profiling Database to try to pick up any Dodgies heading this way.

If I were you I'd stick with the postal service even if you live next door. Grin_Jump1.gif