IGNORED

iOS 5 - New firmware for iPhone, iPad, iPod

7-Eleven

Just updated my phone to iOS 5 Beta 6 (OTA - Over the air so no need to plug into computer to do the update)... It's looking very good IMO and I reckon it's almost ready. Rumours are that Apple will release it on September along with the iPhone 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLJIef-e-7g

Are the tabbed windows in safar only on ipad or on iphone too?

I only have iOS 5 on my iPhone not on my iPad. No tabbed browsing on the phone but reader is there.

I really hope the iphone 5 will be released in september, been waiting for ages now..

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I really hope the iphone 5 will be released in september, been waiting for ages now..

It's worth the wait... not having to plug your device in to sync is a dream.

I promised myself I would see out my contract and skip this years iphone. I fear I will end up caving, again. But im not queuing up this time no fkn way.

I promised myself I would see out my contract and skip this years iphone. I fear I will end up caving, again. But im not queuing up this time no fkn way.

I am in the same boat... Got until June 2012 till the end of my contract.

There is talk of an iCloud iPhone being released, the idea being that most of your content is stored on iCloud and streamed negating the need for lots of memory in the phone. Pure rumour at this stage, but it might bring the price of the handsets down to a more affordable level.

I'm all for clouding. But you would need to have a good connection to always access your content. Sounds like it would fit well once we get 4G coverage over here. Right now the data coverage with Orange is crap at the best of times, and they even share T Mobile's network. I'm going to go back to O2 once this one runs out.

Sure sounds interesting though. I just hope this next iphone is dual core.

Edited by kopite

• 2 weeks later...

Does the multitouch gestures are default or do you still have to connect your iDevice to xcode then use it as development, then switch on in the pref app?

These multitouch gestures, I cannot do without them, I got so tired to click the home button! Now I just pinch with 4 or 5 fingers, and to access the opened apps I go up with 4 fingers, it's so useful!

Avoid Pain, Be Free, Have Fun.