IGNORED

Patts to Hua Lamphong Station

thaibutch

You can catch the train from Pattaya (just off Soi Siam Country club) takes about 4hrs and costs approx 30baht...

I took it once for fun. I think it only comes around once a day. It was 31 baht and went straight to Hua Lamphong station.

Check the website but you might need translator for some of it. State Railway of Thailand

Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting any

You can get to Bangkok's main railway station Hua Lamphong via the underground ( subway ) MRT

I always wanted to try the train , but the only train each day goes something like 7am ish Bangkok to Pattaya , realistically , who wants to leave their hotel bed to catch a train at that time .

However I did get the chance last time . The ticket I think was a massive 31 baht and then 40 baht per person song toe to the beach road .

I did enjoy the different scenery , new experience and the interaction with the locals ( sole white dude on board )

I remember going through Sriracha and chon Buri which looked busy towns .

A down side was the train got delayed in Bangkok , so after being on the train 90 minutes or so ,I was only as far as makhasan (spelling) in Bangkok . Therefore I didn't do the return as I didn't want to spend my last day in Pattaya waiting hours at the train station if any delays happened .

I think the Bangkok bound train leave in the afternoon after 2pm some time.

Did I enjoy it ? yes . Would I do it again ? I don't think so .

Anyone tell me the easiest route to the Bangkok rail station by public transport ?

Pattaya bus to Bangkok Ekamai , sky train to ASOKE then Sukhumvit MRT underground ( subway ) to Hua Lamphong ( Bangkok's main railway station )

I may have misunderstood your request for info and you got a bit of a train monologue

Pattaya bus to Bangkok Ekamai , sky train to ASOKE then Sukhumvit MRT underground ( subway ) to Hua Lamphong ( Bangkok's main railway station )

Having tried use the subway on the way to to Hau Lampong for the special River Kwai tourist train I'll mention that the subway opens later than the train leaves. (well, later than the train is scheduled to leave...)

I may have misunderstood your request for info and you got a bit of a train monologue

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

Having tried use the subway on the way to to Hau Lampong for the special River Kwai tourist train I'll mention that the subway opens later than the train leaves. (well, later than the train is scheduled to leave...)

I came to Hua lamphong by another train so I didn't use the underground train , maybe picking up the train at Makkhasam ( spelling ) could be of use to some of you .

PS . To confuse things there's an airport link station and a railway station sharing the same name .