IGNORED

Oneway ticket!

Beer_Baron

Hey.

Just want to know if its possible to travel to thailand with a oneway ticket!!

Will i have any problems entering thailand!!

I heard roumors that they will not let you board the plane with only oneway ticket!!

And if they let you board will there be any problems in arriving with the 30 day tourist visa!!

I will preciate if someone know anything about this...

are you looking to move there? or stay longer than 12 months?

If not, As most returns aren't that much more expensive then one -way tickets, just get a ticket with a return date as far in the future as possible, and then just pay the $50 (give or take) fee to bring the date forward when you want to return. (just don't buy a promo fare which most likely won't allow date changes)

Hey.

I heard roumors that they will not let you board the plane with only oneway ticket!!

And if they let you board will there be any problems in arriving with the 30 day tourist visa!!

Yes i have heard that if you on a 30 day tourist visa they won’t let you travel from UK not sure about any other country. Just buy a year open return, a one way tickets is not much cheaper from the UK in my experience.

A friend brought a return ticket in Thailand and was refused boarding on the return leg at Birmingham by emirates, so he purchased a return ticket and candled it when he arrived before the funds was taken from his account.

its more likely they wont even let you board the plane, as airline is liable for passengers denied entry due to no return ticket.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

I fly into Thailand 6 times a year on a One Way ticket from my company.

It is up to the airline if they want to let you on the aircraft or not,

because they are responsible for getting you back out of the country if

immigration will not let you in. But immigration don't care, they will let

you in. I have beenhassled a few times at check in by Singapore Airlines, but always got

on the flight, in the end i think a friend of mine has said you can sign a waiver saying

the airline is not responsible for you.

...in the end i think a friend of mine has said you can sign a waiver saying

the airline is not responsible for you.

I very much doubt an airline could dump its responsibility like that. Airlines are legally responsible for the removal of people who they should not have let board the plane. Without a visa you are meant to have an exit ticket. This is easily checked by the airline and they are responsible if they do not. That said many people get away with it. I have been asked a couple of times if I have had a visa when I have checked in with a one-way ticket.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

There is another thread about this in which i posted my answer - but i copy/paste in in here as well.

Have been working in the travel business for years and most tickets to LOS had to be issued as return tickets as the customers could be refused at check-in when leaving for LOS. Tried myself a couple of times now only bought a one-way. Never had any problems at all.

Have been to the Thai Embassy for a 60 days visa and even if the rules are to show a ticket they never asked for it and i only bought it after i collected the visa.

All the times i have been through immigration at Dong Mueang or Shewannaboomboom never been asked to show the return ticket. On the 30 day visa extempt i often just wrote a random flightnumber - no ? asked

Everyone has the right to my opinion

On the 30 day visa extempt i often just wrote a random flightnumber - no ? asked

I have never written an exit flight number as I always enter on a one-way ticket. Although I have a proper visa.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have never written an exit flight number as I always enter on a one-way ticket. Although I have a proper visa.

I propably didnt have to - just did it just as i wrote a name of a hotel in Bangkok or Pattaya even if i had no booking upon arrival. Just to prevent questions at immigrations but maybe they wouldnt have asked any even if i hadnt filled in the flightnumber and/or the hotel in the form...

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Hey.

Thanks a lot for all the infos.

To be a little more specific.

I have only a oneway ticket and i dont have any visa. I Dont know how long i would stay, i might stay for 2-3 months.

I have no return ticket because i not sure when to go back.

Some says i need a return ticket to enter thailand, some says i dont need one!!

I would be thankful for more infos...

Buy a cheap Air Asia ticket to Cambodia, Malaysia or somewhere. I bought a ticket from Bkk to Hong Kong for $39 but you can get cheaper tickets to other destinations. Spend a little bit for some peace of mind when checking in if you're really worried about it.

If you have a valid visa to show the airline counter staff then they will be more likely to accept a one way ticket. as its unlikely immigration will not let you into the country. You can tell the airline that you are exiting thru another land border. Perhaps get a 60 day visa if you are determined not to get a return ticket.?