IGNORED

Flight Taxes From UK .....FFS

DJW

Suspect lots of people are seeing flights rise generally year on year but the tax on a London Bkk economy flight booked this weekend for 2012 was £299......FFS Mr Taxman give us a break!

The flight component was only £220 so an extra 130% in tax ....unreal

Overall was £520 to £525.......just came back with EVA and thought the inflight service wasn't to good and the seats were harder than ever so trying ethiad and a ciggi stop mid way

the tax on 2 tickets flying Eva that i booked in january for november, was £394

Earning money for my next Thai flight

Overall was £520 to £525.......just came back with EVA and thought the inflight service wasn't to good and the seats were harder than ever so trying ethiad and a ciggi stop mid way

I've flown with Thai 12 times this year, only had one plane with personal screens. Never been with Eva, not going till next year.

well how do you expect them to pay civil servant credit card bills,salaries and gold plated pensions? not to mention the benefits,housing and medical cover for all of the immigrants. these taxes are absolutely essential.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Last november i used my airmiles with thaiways, but had to pay the airport taxes and charges £ 356 although that was in buissness class.

unfortunately, high taxes are essential to the people of great britain. i have no problem paying high taxes on my flights because i know it goes to a good cause, where else are the lazy immigrants who dont want to work going to get money to buy cigarretes and vodka, or the dole bums gonna be able to go out drinking every night. i have no problems with helping our wonderful country of britain giving to deserving causes like this.

http://www.terminalu.com/travel-news/buying-an-airline-ticket-what-the-taxes-fees-and-surcharges-all-mean/7157/

The UK does have the highest aviation charges, but that's not the only surcharge, has anyone looked to see whether is is worthwhile travelling to Europe before flying long haul, to see if there is a material difference ?

Edited by Stillearly

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Praf974 thanks for the advice on the need for taxes and whilst I appreciate your somewhat sarcastic comments I've no problem in paying taxes of any sort at a reasonable level. I've been paying since I was 16 so I think I've contributed a a resonable amount in those years. What is frustrating is when the tax and duty levels end up more than the product or service it relates to.

In relation to the suggestion about flying out of mainland europe rather than the UK that has been reviewed before and it can be a good deal if you can pick up a cheap flight to Amsterday and similar close by airports and the timing all fits together.

Edited by DJW

There will be a few on the board who remember when the tax was a fiver !!

Uproar when they raised it to £10 !! Paying £320 on Tarom with a tenner tax and we thought we were being ripped !

Taxes for Australia to Bangkok via Singapore return

are AUD $450

it jumped $100 in a year

unfortunately, high taxes are essential to the people of great britain. i have no problem paying high taxes on my flights because i know it goes to a good cause, where else are the lazy immigrants who dont want to work going to get money to buy cigarretes and vodka, or the dole bums gonna be able to go out drinking every night. i have no problems with helping our wonderful country of britain giving to deserving causes like this.

reg ,one question ,have you ever wrote to your MP concerning the way our taxes are used .??????

reg ,one question ,have you ever wrote to your MP concerning the way our taxes are used .??????

there would be no point as he probably cant read english :GrinNod1:

i am still waiting for a reply

Praf974 thanks for the advice on the need for taxes and whilst I appreciate your somewhat sarcastic comments I've no problem in paying taxes of any sort at a reasonable level. I've been paying since I was 16 so I think I've contributed a a resonable amount in those years. What is frustrating is when the tax and duty levels end up more than the product or service it relates to.

In relation to the suggestion about flying out of mainland europe rather than the UK that has been reviewed before and it can be a good deal if you can pick up a cheap flight to Amsterday and similar close by airports and the timing all fits together.

id say my sarcasm was pretty much maxed out on that one :)

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

i am still waiting for a reply

after the last couple of days ,i dont think you will get a reply from your mp, ,because they will have used up more tax money on police[ over time ]than they give to the unemployed and sick .i wonder how many will moan about this ????,looks like we might get even more tax on our flights ,to help pay for the loss claims .what a lovely country GB is .

after the last couple of days ,i dont think you will get a reply from your mp, ,because they will have used up more tax money on police[ over time ]than they give to the unemployed and sick .i wonder how many will moan about this ????,looks like we might get even more tax on our flights ,to help pay for the loss claims .what a lovely country GB is .

Indeed it is, and still provides a huge safety net for less fortunate people that Thai people can only dream about.