IGNORED

Your Thai souvenirs

During fifteens trips I bought many souvenirs. Statuette from wood, elephant from wood, oil color painting picture,Glass statuette Budha, face mask from wood, incense, vest and t.shitrs with Singha sighn, dishes from tin material, carpet with elephant thai motive,decorated cap from Hmong TG etc.

I never bought stupid croak voice of frog. You can heard everywhere in Patts 5555.

What souvenirs are you bought already?

Please souvenirs I am not mean gonorrhoea, syphilis,crab louse and similar :P

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Australia has very strict quarantine regulations and stiff fines, so mostly for that reason I ignore all the usual carved statues and stuffed things. When it comes to gifts for people back home I found clothes/T shirts/sarongs/Thai material make the best gifts, these things are light, easy to pack, can't get broken in transit, cheap too. You can get T shirts in Tescos for 60-70-80 Bt with pictures of Thailand on them, make good gifts.

Buddha statues make nice souvenirs. Got to be careful with them to because they're cast and often have sand/earth inside. Mr Custom man doesn't like them. I usually stick to material it's less hassle.

Australia has very strict quarantine regulations and stiff fines, so mostly for that reason I ignore all the usual carved statues and stuffed things. When it comes to gifts for people back home I found clothes/T shirts/sarongs/Thai material make the best gifts, these things are light, easy to pack, can't get broken in transit, cheap too. You can get T shirts in Tescos for 60-70-80 Bt with pictures of Thailand on them, make good gifts.

Buddha statues make nice souvenirs. Got to be careful with them to because they're cast and often have sand/earth inside. Mr Custom man doesn't like them. I usually stick to material it's less hassle.

Understood Pubstud. Transportation is problem every time. Also I understand Australian customs regulation are hard. I know CITES agreement about animals, woods, plants and all flora and fauna. It was 20 years my job.

Edited by THAJEC

A STD rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Cheers.

"It is YOUR holidays, ENJOY !"

Understood Pubstud. Transportation is problem every time. Also I understand Australian customs regulation are hard. I know CITES agreement about animals, woods, plants and all flora and fauna. It was 20 years my job.

I was talking to an Italian guy at Krabi a few years ago and he told me how on an earlier holiday he's brought a souvenir back to Italy from Philipines and this damn thing was made from a protected turtle shell. He says he had no idea but he still got a fine from the customs at Rome, something like 10.000 USD. So that's another thing to consider when shopping for souveniers.

I was talking to an Italian guy at Krabi a few years ago and he told me how on an earlier holiday he's brought a souvenir back to Italy from Philipines and this damn thing was made from a protected turtle shell. He says he had no idea but he still got a fine from the customs at Rome, something like 10.000 USD. So that's another thing to consider when shopping for souveniers.

Yes this fine can be possible. It is little bit same as smuggling moreover protected animals and plants. My experince is too much people do not know these rules. Some coutries is it very danger and can finish in :Jail1:

A STD rolleyes.gif

Cheers

You misbehave ! Be good ! :P

Edited by THAJEC