Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Need Internet Solution

Vigile

I'm in Pattaya for a couple of months and work online, so need a reliable connection. I'm getting a weak wifi signal in my room at the guesthouse I'm staying at. It worked ok when I originally tested it, but the signal comes and goes.

I bought an external wifi modem/adapter for 500b, but it hasn't helped.

Are there any CDMA or other type solutions available in Pattaya? I've been searching the forum and Google, but have thus far only found a lot of useless info.

Thanks!

Internet shops. They've always had decent speed and reliable connection for me. I've always found the wifi shoddy in Patts. Internet sticks didn't help.

Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting any

I'm in Pattaya for a couple of months and work online, so need a reliable connection. I'm getting a weak wifi signal in my room at the guesthouse I'm staying at. It worked ok when I originally tested it, but the signal comes and goes.

Are there any CDMA or other type solutions available in Pattaya? I've been searching the forum and Google, but have thus far only found a lot of useless info.

Thanks!

Had the same problems a few years ago when i lived in Bangkok. Tried a few WiFi and mobile based soloutions but enden up buying a ADSL cabled connection - and that was ok, but i suppose you couldnt do that in a guesthouse? As another Bm wrote you might try TRUE - they are not that good all over LOS, but in BKK and propably Patts as well i think their coverage has improved the last few years

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Thanks!

You said you bought an "external wifi modem/adapter". Although I'm not sure what you are talking about, what you really need is an external wife ANTENNA which will boost the signal to you.

Tukcom has shops that sell them as I know of guys who have purchased them, but I don't know exactly where to tell you. When I purchased mine, I ordered it while in the USA and it worked great. I went from seeing 2 or 3 local networks to seeing 8-10. It has been discontinued, but this is what I bought: http://www.ccrane.com/antennas/wifi-antennas/super-usb-wifi-antenna.aspx

The ones I have seen in Thailand resemble an old-fashioned "magnetic" mount cellular antenna ... (examples like this http://www.radiolabs.com/products/antennas/2.4gig/2.4-mobile7.php and http://3gstore.com/product/1701_cradlepoint-mbr1200-wifi-antennas-170510-000.html)

Ask around Tukcom, show them pictures ... someone will know and point you in the right direction.

Ask about hutch in Tukkom, i am not sure but I think its CDMA, very reliable but not fast, about 2k baht for device and 1300 for month of unlimited internet.

• 2 weeks later...

have you tried to update your wi-fi software drivers? just go into "device manager"... select the drivers for wi-fi, and "update". if it doesn't work, you can "rollback".

whenever I troubleshoot my pc, I always make a backup using my "acronis true image" first.

The travelling_man has provided the best advice but other considerations are below.

You probably don't have options to configure the WiFi device, i.e. the Modem, but you could find that the device is on a "congested" channel and local competitive traffic is causing sync loss or disruption leading to impaired connectivity.

From the pic we can see the Free inSSider application running, it is analysing all local WiFi connections in that current area and providing a break down.

By default many WiFi modems/routers will default to channel 6, simply in highly built up areas this can cause the problem you are mentioning and the simple solution is to run it for a while and then change the modem/routers channel to one not being used (or has less users).

Another consideration can be localised "hot spots" even within a room that is that some spots within the room can have impaired connectivity compared to others (multitude of factors here including devices like Microwaves, etc). Try moving the PC around the room and see if you can find a sweet spot.

inSSider.png