IGNORED

Yorkshire Inn Hotel

Hi,

I stayed in the Yorkshire inn hotel in Phuket whilst i was there for 8 nights, this hotel was brilliant and I enjoyed my stay completely. The staff are very friendly and always at hand to help you, the hotel is owned by a British guy from Yorkshire.

Good Points

1. Great Location across the road from Banglah Road

2. Very modern room and furnishing (we had the Deluxe Twin)

3. Friendly and Helpful Staff

4. Pool / Sauna / Steam Room / Gym

5. Very good room service cleaned to a high standard everyday

Bad Points

1. Vat 7% plus 10% service charge added on to Food at the hotel and hotel Rooms (this is volunatary) but not nice to take this from them

Other than this I cannot pick fault with this hotel a 9/10 for me

http://yorkshireinn.com/patonghotel/

Regards

Last time I was in Phuket I noticed some of the bars added the 7% VAT to the bin on top of the charges for what I drank/ate. Wasn't all of them but it seemed to be the ones along the beach mostly.

hope it's not the start of a trend.

nice review

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Avoid the basement rooms they suffer from awful damp - even with the masking of the smell by incense smellies - also there is no lift - as well as the service charge thingy - its all good but when compared to Pattaya its over priced - great location as most of the working girls (which ever discipline) park their mopeds outside so you can catch them going and returning from work

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I stayed in the Yorkshire inn hotel in Phuket whilst i was there for 8 nights, this hotel was brilliant and I enjoyed my stay completely. The staff are very friendly and always at hand to help you, the hotel is owned by a British guy from Yorkshire.

Good Points

1. Great Location across the road from Banglah Road

2. Very modern room and furnishing (we had the Deluxe Twin)

3. Friendly and Helpful Staff

4. Pool / Sauna / Steam Room / Gym

5. Very good room service cleaned to a high standard everyday

Bad Points

1. Vat 7% plus 10% service charge added on to Food at the hotel and Hotel Rooms (this is volunatary) but not nice to take this from them

Other than this I cannot pick fault with this hotel a 9/10 for me

http://yorkshireinn.com/patonghotel/

Regards

I stayed here for a few nights in June but never did get around to finding the pool and gym, where are they?

So you never wanted a regular type life?

What the fuck is that...? Barbeques and ballgames?

A couple of years ago we stayed in a hotel just around the corner, & we paid for a weeks membership for the pool & gym, mainly because the weather was crap & for something to do, gym & pool was just ok, had a look at the only room that was empty, didnt think much to it at all, no windows & very small, cant remember how much it was now , but at the time it was expensive,[ for a cell """]

• 3 weeks later...

Avoid the basement rooms they suffer from awful damp - even with the masking of the smell by incense smellies - also there is no lift - as well as the service charge thingy - its all good but when compared to Pattaya its over priced - great location as most of the working girls (which ever discipline) park their mopeds outside so you can catch them going and returning from work

I assume by 'basement rooms' you are referring to the smallest, cheapest rooms as the Yorkshire doesn't have a basement. Happy to inform you that most those rooms have been updated, completely redesigned and redecorated and they are still the same price.

A couple of years ago we stayed in a hotel just around the corner, & we paid for a weeks membership for the pool & gym, mainly because the weather was crap & for something to do, gym & pool was just ok, had a look at the only room that was empty, didnt think much to it at all, no windows & very small, cant remember how much it was now , but at the time it was expensive,[ for a cell """]

The Gym has Cybex equipment (apparently the best you can buy), is air conditioned and beautiful, the pool is spotless and you obviously looked at the cheapest rooms available B990 which have since been redesigned, oh yeah and the gym and pool membership is free if you stay there, even in the cheapest rooms.

gym.jpg

pool.JPG

I assume by 'basement rooms' you are referring to the smallest, cheapest rooms as the Yorkshire doesn't have a basement. Happy to inform you that most those rooms have been updated, completely redesigned and redecorated and they are still the same price.

Has the damp problem been solved - if so good news!