IGNORED

Meeting Place In Nong Khai

Shuggy

On a recent trip up to Nong Khai I had the pleasure to stay at a little guest house, bar and restaurant owned and run by Martin (BM Sparky) and his lovely Thai wife. Its called The Meeting Place and its located very centrally in Nong Khai. They offer fan only basic rooms from 100bht up to Aircon, Ensuite and Cable TV rooms for 350bht. This place is by no means the Ritz but if you are looking for a good, safe and fun place to stay which is extremely good value for money they you can’t go wrong with the Meeting Place.

Some Pics of my room which had ensuite and Aircon.

122363-8909.jpg

122363-8909.jpg

122363-8911.jpg

Outside Courtyard.

122363-8912.jpg

122363-8913.jpg

There is a free pool table which is in great condition compared to some of the ones I’ve seen in Pattaya. They also have free wifi in all rooms (very fast and reliable) as well as a PC in the bar area that can be used free of charge by people who are either staying or just eating or drinking their.

There is a huge TV on the wall with UBC cable so there is plenty of sport available for the sports fan.

I ate their twice. First time was a meat lovers pizza which being a fat bastard I just managed to finish off. Still one of the best pizza’s I’ve had in Thailand. They make the dough fresh on the premises so don’t use the pre made bases. The second meal I had was a burger which again was absolutely massive and tasted great. Unfortunately I can’t remember the prices of the food but hopefully Sparky will be able to provide the info.

Inside the bar

122363-8914.jpg

122363-8915.jpg

They also do Pizza delivery around Nong Khai, motorbike rental, laundry services and provide help and advice on visa runs to Laos.

Martin is a superb host and his staff are all very friendly and a lot of fun. Martin offered to show me some of the local nighlife places but as I was suffering the effects of a very heavy night the night before I had to decline his kind offer.

The Boss

122363-8916.jpg

If you’re looking for a place to stay in Nong Khai or just want some good food or a beer you should stop by this place.

Testicles

Thanks for the time to post the report Shuggs, I will defiantly pop in there if ime up that way !! Sparky seems a popular geezer, as i viewed him on other forums Cheers

Captain

• 2 weeks later...

Planning to travel a few days up north/to vientiane in december and want to stop for 2 or 3 days in nong khai. Now i don't even have to look for an accomodation there. Thanks shuggy!