IGNORED

Multiple entry visas ( 3 entries)

Droplet

I have searched the forum for an answer, I dont think if its been answered before albeit a similar case regarding Burmar/Cambodia. So I'll write my question here.

Im a UK national and planning a backpacking around SE Asia on my career break. I'll be arriving from Australia/NZ and will be leaving via Bangkok as its a travel hob of convenience. This can change of course as I can fly black from another place back to the UK like Manila.

So I will be entering Thailand from Singapor/malaysia via land. This will give me 15 days stamp free. As I will be staying in thailand for more than 15 days I will need to apply for a 60 day visa. This is fine. The plan is:

1) Come up through south of thailand. Stay in pattaya for sometime then to Bangkok

2) Return flight from bangkok to Rangoon for 2 weeks. Come back to bangkok.

3) from bangkok, make my way to laos, vietnam and cambodia.

4) take a return flight from Phnom Penh to Manila where I will spend some time in Angeles.

6) Fly back from manila to bangkok, stay in Bankkok for a few days and then fly back home.

This means I will be entering Thailand 3 times. 1) from malaysia via land 2) from air return via burma and 3) from air via manila.

Will there be a problem with this? Will I need to apply for a visa on retun from Burma and again from Manila?

thanks,

So I will be entering Thailand from Singapor/malaysia via land. This will give me 15 days stamp free. As I will be staying in thailand for more than 15 days I will need to apply for a 60 day visa. This is fine. The plan is:

1) Come up through south of thailand. Stay in pattaya for sometime then to Bangkok

2) Return flight from bangkok to Rangoon for 2 weeks. Come back to bangkok.

3) from bangkok, make my way to laos, vietnam and cambodia.

4) take a return flight from Phnom Penh to Manila where I will spend some time in Angeles.

6) Fly back from manila to bangkok, stay in Bankkok for a few days and then fly back home.

This means I will be entering Thailand 3 times. 1) from malaysia via land 2) from air return via burma and 3) from air via manila.

Will there be a problem with this? Will I need to apply for a visa on retun from Burma and again from Manila?

thanks,

First thing is you can only get the Visa outside Thailand i.e. before you come. Visa on Arrival is not available to UK citizens.

If you enter on Visa Waiver then 15 days is all you've got (maybe a 7 day extension) before you have to leave for Yangon/Rangoon.

Landing by air on your return from Manila you have 30 days on VE which is enough?

The rest seems to work on VE also, so it just looks like to need to get a basic Tourist Visa either in UK, Oz or Malaysia before your first entry.

If you want to (can) get a Multiple Entry that's fine, but you don't appear to need one if I read it right.

Whichever you get you need to get it before entry is all.

First thing is you can only get the Visa outside Thailand i.e. before you come. Visa on Arrival is not available to UK citizens.

If you enter on Visa Waiver then 15 days is all you've got (maybe a 7 day extension) before you have to leave for Yangon/Rangoon.

Landing by air on your return from Manila you have 30 days on VE which is enough?

The rest seems to work on VE also, so it just looks like to need to get a basic Tourist Visa either in UK, Oz or Malaysia before your first entry.

If you want to (can) get a Multiple Entry that's fine, but you don't appear to need one if I read it right.

Whichever you get you need to get it before entry is all.

Thanks for your answer. What is VE out of interest?

I posted the same question on the Philippines forum. From the answer I get( thanks to Craig) , it seems that I can do away with the visa all together.

Going into thailand via land, I got 15 days. If I fly out of BKK to rangoon and return I get 30 days stamp via air. On returning from manila I get another 30 days stamp which are all free so should be ok. (This means I have entered thailand 3 times, getting 15 days, 30 days and 30 days on my passport stamp).

if anyone reading this knows this is not true, or is sure it is ok. then drop a follow up reply. thanks loads.

Thanks for your answer. What is VE out of interest?

I posted the same question on the philippines forum. From the answer I get( thanks to Craig) , it seems that I can do away with the visa all together.

Visa Exemption but I should have abbreviated to VW as I'd put Visa Waiver - same same.

Yes, provided you leave in 15 days (maybe +7 extension) then as I also said, the rest works on VE/VW.

The problem appeared to be that you are planning to travel up through Thailand, spend time in Pattaya and then Bangkok, but if you can do all that in the time allowed you're fine.

Of course flying in from Kuala Lumpur would give you 30 days as with your other crossings.

VE = Visa Exemption

Oooops too slow

Edited by rod2011
If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

I am sure you don't have problem with coming back to Thailand by flights after your trips to Cambodia and Burma as you will get 30 days in each entry. From what you have written, I don't think you are going to stay in Thailand for more than 30 days each time. Even so, you can't still get 15 days' extension from the border if 7 days' extension at Immimigration is not sufficient.

The only thing you need to think about is about the length of time required for getting a visa to Burma and also where to get your visa to Vietnam. I think it should be easier for you to get both visas in Bangkok after spending some time in Pattaya.

It sounds like a very interesting round trip.

I am sure you don't have problem with coming back to Thailand by flights after your trips to Cambodia and Burma as you will get 30 days in each entry. From what you have written, I don't think you are going to stay in Thailand for more than 30 days each time. Even so, you can't still get 15 days' extension from the border if 7 days' extension at Immimigration is not sufficient.

The only thing you need to think about is about the length of time required for getting a visa to Burma and also where to get your visa to Vietnam. I think it should be easier for you to get both visas in Bangkok after spending some time in Pattaya.

It sounds like a very interesting round trip.

The Q only arises due to the OP's plan to come in by land and travel up through Southern Thailand I think. If he flew into Phuket (if possible) there wouldn't be any time pressure at all. As you say, with a 7 day extension or a border run to get another 15 days he could still work it.

As he didn't ask about Visas for other countries, I assumed he had that covered, but as you've raised it, this is what (I think) I know :-

Cambodia - 30 day E-visa $25 saves a page in your Passport or $20 on arrival ($25 airport exit fee).

Vietnam - 30 day E-visa on arrival about $35+ (for arrival at main airports) rather than Bangkok Embassy.

Philippines - not required up to 21 days.

Malaysia - not required for ?? days.

Laos - pay at border 1200 Baht.

Myanmar/Burma - I don't know, but BM Jacky21 just went and it's in his TR HERE I think.

It looks like Visa on Arrival is still suspended for UK, but you can get one through a Travel Agent online rather than traipse round Bangkok. It looks like $30 + $40 processing fees, but check HERE

I last went to Lao about 6 months ago, over Friendship Bridge, visas available $30 for Aussie passports and $35 for UK, I think all other nationalities are around $35, seems the Aussies get a discount because they built the fucking bridge for free. So unless it's changed it's cheaper to pay in USD.

I know for Cambodia if entering at Koh Kong the bastards insist on THB and refuse USD even though the Cambodian Embassy still state that the official fee is $20USD.

I know for Cambodia if entering at Koh Kong the bastards insist on THB and refuse USD even though the Cambodian Embassy still state that the official fee is $20USD.

Hence one reason for the $25 E-visa - but he's flying anyway, so it's just down to saving a page in his passport.