Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Down Time 20th-21st July

Geek In Asia

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to sorry for the down time, this was due to a failed upgrade in Forum software.

I have had to restore a backup and whilst doing this had to turn off the site to ensure a clean environment.

Bryan I am sure will update you with more details as I only know the hosting and server sides, but wanted to let you know.

Stephen

hahah i freaked and called TPG my isp and also sent "geek" an email FROFFA!!!!

No Money, No Honey

Future Ex Pat

Thank God yer back to "normal".

It's gotta be a ton of fun trying to upgrade when there's a zillion users online at once.

I really missed the site.

Nearly phoned up the Main server office in Singapore..... good to have P.A. back online :001_Thank_You5:

<center><embed src="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/&clickLABEL=Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com&flashLABEL=Zoodu.com - Pimp Your Profile!&skin=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/skins/3d35.swf&text=LIFT%20OFF&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2011&month=11&day=7&hour=21&minute=25&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/">Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com</a></small></center>

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to sorry for the down time, this was due to a failed upgrade in Forum software.

I have had to restore a backup and whilst doing this had to turn off the site to ensure a clean environment.

Bryan I am sure will update you with more details as I only know the hosting and server sides, but wanted to let you know.

Stephen

Running a couple of servers myself, I know how difficult some of these things can be to track down and repair. Sometimes a very simple upgrade can lead to tiny hidden changes in conf files that are near impossible to find.

Well done and thanks for the speedy fix

Edited by OleKingCole

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

Should be a good party at Sapphires tonight ?

And also a good Friday meet at Lolitas too ?

Did you turn the clock back to April/May ?

Thank goodness it's back on line!

I had to resort to Facebook to entertain me!

It was horrible. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

While the forum is working, for me it is far from back to normal. It is slow as ****. Are you sure all is ok? found no other site that gives me problems, just this one. And as it does work we can rule out dns issues.

Without the site being online yesterday i was bored after 5 minutes on facebook and youtube, great to have it back up and running!

So you never wanted a regular type life?

What the fuck is that...? Barbeques and ballgames?

While the forum is working, for me it is far from back to normal. It is slow as ****. Are you sure all is ok? found no other site that gives me problems, just this one. And as it does work we can rule out dns issues.

Yes, I'm still experiencing intermittent problems, but have just assumed it is the maintenance work continuing

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

Hi Stephen

I too freaked and called my ISP, and tried to log on via various other ways.

Would it have been possibly to put a note on the Web that the PA site was in fact turned off?

John

Hi Stephen

I too freaked and called my ISP, and tried to log on via various other ways.

Would it have been possibly to put a note on the Web that the PA site was in fact turned off?

John

There had been a thread up that stated an update was imminent, so when the site was down I figured the update went badly. Sympathy to the mods for what seems to be turning into a PITA project.