IGNORED

Travel Insurance Question

ASM129

I live in the U.S. and currently don't have health insurance.

I'm planning a trip next month. If I buy travel insurance and get into an accident in LOS, will it cover all the medical expenses I might need there? Or do I need both U.S. health insurance and travel insurance?

All you need is travel insurance to cover yourself in Thailand. Your US health insurance is a separate thing and wouldn't cover your trip overseas.

If you have a premium or gold credit card, it should cover your health for trips shorter than 3 month. Check it.

If you haven't one, it will cost you the same price per year as a travel insurance for 3 a weeks trip... but will cover you for all trips during this year.

If you have a premium or gold credit card, it should cover your health for trips shorter than 3 month. Check it.

If you haven't one, it will cost you the same price per year as a travel insurance for 3 a weeks trip... but will cover you for all trips during this year.

That does depend upon the bank issuing the card and upon the country it's issued in, different ones have different deals.

Also these "free" travel insurances tend to be very limited, not covering pre existing conditions for example, or maybe limited benefits. You'd need to reaad the small print very carefully

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

Can you insure against a starfish?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

i get blue cross travel insurance,$30to get 1million coverage.

better safe than sorry

:FunnyPost1:

If only!!

Buyer beware when it comes to travel insurance. I've read some horror stories about people not being paid out and there are some very common but not very well publicised exceptions. Did you know most travel insurance does not cover you to play football. Even if you just kick a kids ball back and fall over you won't be covered. Regarding motor bikes if you are lucky and your insurance covers this (not all do) they will only cover if you would be legal to ride in your home country. So if you don't have a proper bike licence in the UK for instance you are not covered for any bike over 50cc. Most hire bikes are 125cc

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Buyer beware when it comes to travel insurance. I've read some horror stories about people not being paid out and there are some very common but not very well publicised exceptions. Did you know most travel insurance does not cover you to play football. Even if you just kick a kids ball back and fall over you won't be covered. Regarding motor bikes if you are lucky and your insurance covers this (not all do) they will only cover if you would be legal to ride in your home country. So if you don't have a proper bike licence in the UK for instance you are not covered for any bike over 50cc. Most hire bikes are 125cc

That's a really good point about the bike license, didn't know that, but if these insurance companies can get away without paying they will. There was a case of an English guy who had a bike accident and because he wasn't wearing a helmet they would not pay him out and his hospital bills were alot. It is very common in Samui to see people not wearing helmets, in Pattaya they do as there are more police about.

You're right, must have the riquired licence in your country AND the international licence.

Also, usualy insurance does not cover bikes over 100 or 125cc. So most holidays bike riders in Pattaya have absolutly no health insurance when riding !

Knowing this is probably the biggest risk in Pattaya (after starfish and std), it is a bit scary!

Even if you just kick a kids ball back and fall over you won't be covered. ....................................

If you're that drunk you're probably not covered to even be out there. Circle_Sharks.gif

Yes.

I have an HSBC Platinum card and once I picked up a girl from Soi 8 took her to my hotel room at the Queen Pattaya on central road. She turned out to be a star fish. Just lay there spread eagled. I picked up the phone and dialled my Credit Card emergency number, and within minutes two big blokes turned up grabbed the girl and her clothes and off they went. Few more minutes went by and another knock on the door and a gorgeous girl barges in and jumps on my face. All compliments of my Credit card.

Some of the above might not be true.

I live in the U.S. and currently don't have health insurance.

I'm planning a trip next month. If I buy travel insurance and get into an accident in LOS, will it cover all the medical expenses I might need there? Or do I need both U.S. health insurance and travel insurance?

I would recommend an insurer who is well known in the game. Also going the extra cover is only a tad more than standard and will offer you a wider range of coverage in case any of your crap gets stolen or to even cover for vehicle damage. The last thing you want it to be handing over cash for damages when you could be using that cash on hot women.

YZFR6

What do you guys mean when you say that she turned out to be a star fish? sorry im a newbie on here

thanks

"Naughty But Nice"

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the explanation gbsmiley

"Naughty But Nice"

I recently bought my plane ticket for my November trip on Delta Airlines. Right before the end of the process they had a box to check to buy optional Travel Insurance for the trip.

I don't know which airline you're taking, but they may offer a similar deal.

By the way, my normal health insurance covers emergencies when I'm over seas, so I don't buy Travel Insurance. So I can't tell you any more details.