Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Muay Thai Gym

steveairdrie

Hi All

I'll be staying in Pattaya for 12 nights in September this year. I'm a keen Thai boxer and have been for a few years, I also have a few fights under my belt here in Scotland. I'm looking for up to date recommendations on what Muay Thai gym to train at. I've seen a few while searching online but the reviews are pretty old. The Fairtex gym looks good but are there better ones or better priced ones. I've email'd the Fairtex and their training prices seem reasonable

cheers

Steve

There is a good little gym next to Tony's Gym on Second road I think it is. Tonys is a large air-conditioned multi-machine fitness center like you would find back home. Next door is a small loft with a ring, couple of bags and a few small weights machines. I took a girl there for some training. The instructor is an Ex fighter and really knows his stuff, he will give you a good workout for sure. Think it cost about 300bt for a session. You can workout on the bags and the weights for 150bt the extra is for ring-time one on one with the instructor directing you to kick pads while he coaches you.

The girl I took is a fighter, she said good things about the instructor. He knows what he is doing and speaks reasonable english. Though keep your guard up as he likes to have fun with you too. Just about everyone that stepped inside the ring was on the canvas at some stage as he got a sly sweep kick or some such in when you are tired and not expecting it....8)

Just ask anyone to take you to Tony's Gym it's a big place and they all know where it is.

cheers..

Don't train at Tony's it's utterly shit! Fairtex is probably the best in Pattaya bit on the expensive side but if your only there for 12 days it's not to bad 6k bhat for 10 sessions. Check out http://www.muaythaicampsthailand.com/ it lists most of the Gyms in Pattaya.

• 1 month later...

Don't train at Tony's it's utterly shit! Fairtex is probably the best in Pattaya bit on the expensive side but if your only there for 12 days it's not to bad 6k bhat for 10 sessions. Check out http://www.muaythaicampsthailand.com/ it lists most of the gyms in Pattaya.

Fairtex is definitely overpriced muaythai gym, yet the best time to train at fairtex would be the morning sessions!!

You will get more attention and it would be less crowded.

Well trained at fairtex again last trip and would no longer recommend it got very little attention from the trainers and there was no sparring 4 rounds on the pads and then being left to hit the bag till I eventually got bored is not good value for money at 600bhat per session glad I didn't pay for the 10 session package as after 3 sessions there I decided enough was enough. Ended up flying down to Phuket and training at tiger again. Not even going to waste my time training in Pattaya anymore from now on Phuket or Samui to train and Pattaya to party.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info guys. Probably wait till I arrive before deciding which one to train at.

Stevie

Thanks bob,

I email'd a few of the Gyms

Promotion rate at fairtex was 500 baht, per session

Kombat was 500 baht, per session

Sitpholek was 1 day 270 Baht, 1 week 1100 Baht, 2 week 2000 Baht

Any recommendations on where to train given these prices

stevie

Ive been to lamai training camp in Koh Samui 3 times already and i like the place. very professional and suitable for my needs

http://www.lamaimuaythaicamp.com/

I trained there many years ago before it was refurbished, dislocated my big toe when it got caught in a hole in the ring floor padding lol. They had a really good trainer named Phet, dunno if he is still there tho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

FYI, if you are in Pattaya 5 Dec there will be a MuayThai compition at/next to the temple at the top of Soi Nerplabwan. This one is geared for the Thais so it won't be as expensive as the matches on Theprasit rd. I'll try to get start time and post it.

• 3 weeks later...

And for the dude who says Fairtex is the best in Pattaya, you're so wrong..

agree!

Trained at Sityodtong recently. Was very impressed, Was shown things there I have never seen or been taught before. The trainers were all very good also and will spend the time with you. Only thing I didn't like was there wasn't really any structure, You were alowed to start whenever you liked and could go home when you liked. They also didn't do group sit ups at the end so you heve to be pretty self motivated to train there.