IGNORED

US puts Thailand on its new terrorism risk list

andyaus

Not quite sure why the US has done this when Thailand has been proactive with regard to terrorism but

"US President Barack Obama has announced a new US counter-terrorism policy with a shocking twist – putting Thailand and several other “close allies” on a new terrorism risk list"

285521.jpg

I can only assume it has something to do with the Muslims in the southern provinces but the end result is likely to be tougher restrictions on getting Visa's for thai nationals to visit. I think the weak Aussie Department of Immigration will use this to deny visa's to Australia too.

A bit of a slap in the face for the new Government????

Edited by andyaus

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

• 4 weeks later...

Not quite sure why the US has done this when Thailand has been proactive with regard to terrorism but

"US President Barack Obama has announced a new US counter-terrorism policy with a shocking twist – putting Thailand and several other “close allies” on a new terrorism risk list"

285521.jpg

I can only assume it has something to do with the Muslims in the southern provinces but the end result is likely to be tougher restrictions on getting Visa's for thai nationals to visit. I think the weak Aussie Department of Immigration will use this to deny visa's to Australia too.

A bit of a slap in the face for the new Government????

Thats going to piss off alot of people in the process of getting there visas, and more wasted paperwork

Bummer for those trying to bring a girl back, but I'm more worried about what attention it will bring to someone with a lot of Thailand passport stamps.

Muslim extremist have been operating in southern Thailand for years. Surprised it took this long, advisories have been out for a long time about not using the airport down south due to bombings down there in the past.

Will this not also affect USA travel insurance?

Will this not also affect USA travel insurance?

Ugh, yes, probably :(

Had a quick Google to see what the story was, I notice Israel is on the new list too. It does seem to be related to the suspicion of terrorist cells within Thailand rather than a reflection of the attitude of the Thai Gov't, and yes it's going to make getting US Visa's harder as there is now an additional security checking process in place.

I know it's true that Australia has a terrible tendency to follow what the US does, but we're also pussy-footing around the Asian countries at the moment because our economic interests look in that direction. It doesn't pay to upset the neighbours..... May well find that Australia merely inspects Visa applications more closely without putting more paperwork in the way.

As of 30/06/11, some parts of Thailand have had a Do Not Travel advisory slapped on them, so DFAT do have their eye on the ball.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Perhaps to put this warning into context, it might be worthwhile considering the following attachment regarding the current incumbent of the USA Presidency. There is little doubt that other forces are at work here and this is yet another example of the underlying policies of a man dedicated to a dogma to the far left of our own. May it be a warning for the future and we hope that the Peua Thai party react with total disdain.

Sounds like they have wind of troubles brewing in LOS. Recent change of gov'. Mr Takky due back in town sometime soon. I suspect it's due to this rather than Muslim troubles down South.

It's got nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with ecomonics

Just like the americans have invaded the "axis of evil" which translated means any country not in the IMF and therefore not a debt slave to the western world, or any country with oil, or any country that uses a gold/metals backed currency

In the case of Thailand the US dont want strong debt free economies, its bad for business

They'll soon be tryin to invade Iran

The War Machine...

It never sleeps

It makes good ecomonic sense to go and steal other people's resources, and wreak any economy that has become a threat

Good Old Uncle Sam

Edited by LizzieWindsor

DIEU ET MON DROIT

It's got nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with ecomonics

Just like the americans have invaded the "axis of evil" which translated means any country not in the IMF and therefore not a debt slave to the western world, or any country with oil, or any country that uses a gold/metals backed currency

In the case of Thailand the US dont want strong debt free economies, its bad for business

They'll soon be tryin to invade Iran

The War Machine...

It never sleeps

It makes good ecomonic sense to go and steal other people's resources, and wreak any economy that has become a threat

Good Old Uncle Sam

funny, you seem to be LEFT of the obama-nation his-self.

hard to figure folks that spurt unsupported/undocumented nonsense as "dogma".

thanks for the translation.

by the way...what doesn't have to do with economic's?

thailand and the USA are good friends. me thinks it's more of a 'political' play by obama to satisfy some doners/voters for his re-election bid.

I don't see it meaning anything if there are no consequences and repercussions associated with it.

(to quote eddy murphy)

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

funny, you seem to be LEFT of the obama-nation his-self.

hard to figure folks that spurt unsupported/undocumented nonsense as "dogma".

thanks for the translation.

by the way...what doesn't have to do with economic's?

thailand and the USA are good friends. me thinks it's more of a 'political' play by obama to satisfy some doners/voters for his re-election bid.

I don't see it meaning anything if there are no consequences and repercussions associated with it.

(to quote eddy murphy)

cheers

bert

When the US get involved with other people's countries there are normally lots of repercussions = lot's of dead people, most of them innocent women and children

vietnam, afghanistan, iraq, libya, egypt, syria

soon to be iran

maybe later..thailand

Edited by LizzieWindsor

DIEU ET MON DROIT

They will proberty say England too tomorrow with all the rioting here too

(/y)

Just to be clear, I've got nothing against the American people, but I have against the American government, and the UK government just follow along behind, no doubt looking to pick up some of the spoils of war...

DIEU ET MON DROIT