IGNORED

Udon Thani - Irish Clock

IRISH CLOCK - UDON THANI

This is a really pleasant place to spend a little time. At 950 per night it is about in the middle for Udon accommodation. 120 baht toward your breakfast each morning. A couple bottles of water in the room. Make this a reasonable place to stay.

The bar / restaurant is usually popping with a crowd of mostly European types. Standing room only if a game is on.

The staff is young, attentive, efficient, and fun. Always greeted with a wai, smile, and greeting. I think credit has to go to the Farang owner for creating a good work environment for the girls. It shows in there attitude. English is NOT a second language with most of them, but an English speaker is never far away if needed.

The food is simply great on all fronts. Specializing in European food with a Sunday roast topping the list, but specials are available everyday. My GF said the Thai food is average. I found it to be fine.

The rooms are spacious and clean...............Did I mention clean? Easily the cleanest place I have stayed in Thailand. The cleaner doesn't speak English, but was always accommodating to special requests.

As is normal in Thailand, constructions abounds in Udon. There are Two, count-em two, major construction sights adjacent to the hotel. Usually things didn't get going until 8 or 9 but you may want to consider room location when booking. The room I'm in was available on short notice. Now I know why.

I really can't find a major fault with this hotel. Mosquito in the room was a constant problem but, TIT. The construction is annoying but not the fault of the hotel. OH, I should note there is a sign posted indicating a 200 baht joiner fee. I have no idea if it is enforced.

Top place this trip.

http://www.irishclock.com/index.html

Thanks for the info.

I am staying in UT for 10 days in October.

I heard that Centara was closing for six months and I was looking for a good alternative.

OCTOBER 2011 - THE APPRENTICE ---NOVEMBER 2012 - THE REVENGE ---JUNE 2014 - THE CHALLENGE (CANX) ---JULY 2015 - THE REDEMPTION

CountdownClockCodes.com