Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Food poisoning at Pan Pan

Hi,

Wenesday evening I went to Pan Pan (in front of view talay 1) italian restaurant.

I got food poisoning, my girlfriend as well. The only thing we both hate was some tuna with tomato and basilic and eggs.

I got sickness until yesterday night, today I still have diarrhea but at least I'm able to eat again without vomitting.

I paid 1600 bahts for this 2 persons meal, and got 2 days of inactivity, not feeling well, vomitting and diarrhea. Thanksfully I am not working and I have long holidays and nothing planned, but still..

I know this can happen anywhere, but it happened at Pan Pan, so for sure I will avoid it for a long time to come, just thinking about going back makes me somewhat ill, a weird feeling.

For sure it can happen anywhere, but what have you done when it happens? Do you go and talk to the manager once you get well again, to alert them something is wrong, or do you simply let it go and don't care? Do you come back to eat at the restaurant where you got food poisonning?

Hi,

Wenesday evening I went to Pan Pan (in front of view talay 1) italian restaurant.

I got food poisoning, my girlfriend as well. The only thing we both hate was some tuna with tomato and basilic and eggs.

I got sickness until yesterday night, today I still have diarrhea but at least I'm able to eat again without vomitting.

I paid 1600 bahts for this 2 persons meal, and got 2 days of inactivity, not feeling well, vomitting and diarrhea. Thanksfully I am not working and I have long holidays and nothing planned, but still..

I know this can happen anywhere, but it happened at Pan Pan, so for sure I will avoid it for a long time to come, just thinking about going back makes me somewhat ill, a weird feeling.

For sure it can happen anywhere, but what have you done when it happens? Do you go and talk to the manager once you get well again, to alert them something is wrong, or do you simply let it go and don't care? Do you come back to eat at the restaurant where you got food poisonning?

I would let them know immediately.

It happened to me at one of my favorite restaurants. I pulled the manager aside and told him what I ate and that he should check it so no one else got sick.

I've just sent them an email via their website panpanpattaya.com and told them about the meal content that made us sick and asked them to reply and tell me what they'll do. If I get a reply I'll let you know, if I don't then there will be nothing here to add.

I'm tempted to go and talk to the manager about it, but I'm concerned that they don't give a damn (depends on who I talk to at the time I go there) and I don't want to risk losing my temper over it depending on the reaction I get. Because I've already lost 2 days with this and then if I waste time going there just to tell them and I don't get a proper reception I know how it will end up.. :-)

When I was there on wednesday evening there was at least two big tables with expats (talking english) of a certain old age. I'm in my thirties so I got ill for 2 days that's it, but for old folks the same thing could be more problematic.

So, if it comes from the tuna, then probably most of them didn't eat a meal with tuna, but I guess at restaurants they have big cans of tuna, not the small ones we buy, so if the food poisoning comes from that, it might be used again even today for meals with tuna. Maybe it comes from the eggs, or something else, I have no idea. But for sure it is from this restaurant and this wednesday evening, I'm not mistaken about that.

I alerted them by email, I hope they'll do something about it for the sake of other customers and their own reputation, but me I'm safe because I really can't go back anytime soon to eat there, as I said, thinking about it makes a weird feeling inside, like my body says NO, don't go back please.. :-) funny.

Edited by Kola