IGNORED

Pattaya to Phuket by plane

Pattayarox

Hi I am going to Pattaya next week for 3 weeks my brother will be in Phuket with his wife and friend, I was thinking of going to meet up with them for 3 days or so and was gonna book a flight from Pattaya to Phuket, i see on Bangkokair they offer this service at a great rate too only 4000b total. Anyway has anyone gone this route recently is the airport in Pattaya a long drive from Walking Street is the Airport in Phuket close to Karon beach?

Thanks for any info

Pattayarox

It is my preferred route, taxi to U-tapao 40 mins, small airport so check in really quick , only two gates ..then taxi to Karon 40 mins once you arrive in Phuket

Edited by Stillearly

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

It is my preferred route, taxi to U-tapao 40 mins, small airport so check in really quick , only two gates ..then taxi to Karon 40 mins once you arrive in Phuket

Cheers any restrictions on time arrival to U-tapao before depature? Is it 1 hour or something?

Cheers any restrictions on time arrival to U-tapao before depature? Is it 1 hour or something?

Yes one hour , should be able to get a taxi there for Thb 600, with MrT or one of the other firms

Edited by Stillearly

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

It's also a military airport,apparently one of the biggest runways in Asia built for American B52 bombers,i know they have direct flights from Siberia and Finland but it,s only a small place,the potential to expand is there.

Got free coffee and cakes in the departure lounge.

I use this way into Patts often, Virgin blue, Direct Perth to Phuket stay a few days then

Bangkokair Phuket to Utaupo(Pattaya) some flights go via Samui other are direct, takes 1 hour

without the stop in samui.