IGNORED

CHEAP acousting guitar lessons in Pattaya?

kuteguy

Hi,

Looking to be in Pattya for 6 weeks and I want to grow as a person on this trip. I don't have a big budget but don't want to be a limiting factor if possible.

I dont know have any music skills or guitar skills and would love to learn it on the cheap (yes I know I can self-study but that hasn't worked for me). so I am wondering if anyone knows how/when/where I can do it on the cheap?

I am also wanting to learn / do a few other things but one at a time (I dont have any experience in any of them):

* lose 10kgs via running / weights / Muay Thai boxing (very important)

* learn to play better pool / snooker

* improve my vocal chords and learn to sing

* shag lots of chicks/BGs to improve my skills in the bedroom (very important)

* some basic pole dancing

:-) look forward to hearing from you all

Well you could jog along the beach road and up and down Soi 6 for a couple of hours every day and lose the 10K.

As you jog past a group of motorcycle taxi men tell them their mothers suck farang dicks for 50Bt a pop and you'll get some free muey thai lessons.

After the muey thai lesson continue jogging up Soi 6 and enter a bar with a pool table and shoot the balls for an hour or two.

Next go upstairs with a girl and improve your vocal chords with some yodelling up the canyon.

While upstairs you have a great opportunity to shag the chicks and on your way out jump on the pole and give it some furious polishing.

Ummmm, why do you want to pole dance? Just an observation, but pole dancing is for chicks

Learning the guitar is great, but don't expect much in six weeks, it takes a long time to learn the chords, fingering techniques ( not the kind you do on the BG,s) and build up callouses to be able to play on steel strings.

Give it a go, but expect to see no great gains for 3 to 6 months ... well, there will be gains compared to not playing at all, but I think you know what I mean.

thanks for the updates so far

I want to learn pole dancing because its a great party trick in western countries .. women love it; just a fun thing to be able to do - nothing professional like pro stippers, etc

pubstud thanks especially - looks like I don't need any more info; what you suggested should do the trick

Just having some fun with you kuteguy. But if you want some cheap guitar lessons have a chat to some of the Thai boys that play guitar in various bars around town, there are a couple in the Walking Street, could be some of those guys would like to make some extra baht during the afternoon, or they have a mate who would like to give some lessons. If money is tight you may be able to trade guitar lessons for English lessons. Just a thought...

Just having some fun with you kuteguy. But if you want some cheap guitar lessons have a chat to some of the Thai boys that play guitar in various bars around town, there are a couple in the Walking Street, could be some of those guys would like to make some extra baht during the afternoon, or they have a mate who would like to give some lessons. If money is tight you may be able to trade guitar lessons for English lessons. Just a thought...

That is a great idea, i see alot of very good guitar players in Pattaya.

Edited by misterB

• 2 weeks later...

any idea what are the good bards/pubs I can hang around during the day with the chix and play pool with them (so I can get better)

will I have to buy them a drink to be able to do that?

Like I said I have been to Pattaya many times but I have never really interacted with the women there

any idea what are the good bards/pubs I can hang around during the day with the chix and play pool with them (so I can get better)

will I have to buy them a drink to be able to do that?

Like I said I have been to Pattaya many times but I have never really interacted with the women there

I will give suggestions, a few tips on your points:

> 6wks for the guitar ain't much at all(as TGluvver stated), i'd recommend a ukulele, great little things, handy for travling around with, if you find someone for lessons ask them to help find you a good uke. and ask them for a bunch of three/four chord tricks. (simply songs with only 3 or 4 chords) No need for hard fingering techniques or building up callouses on the fingers, just simple strumming with simple chords.

> With the Heat over there and the low fat thai food, you may lose that 10Kg, doing nothing!

> I never seen a snooker table in pattaya although not to say that there ain't any but if you wanna get good, find a English or Irish Expat Huzzler to practice with for Snooker & Pool or maybe a Yank for the 9-Ball. The standard of the average player in those countries seem to be way higher than most! There are Thai Pool Huzzlers only seen them in bangkok but stay away they won't pay if they lose. Don't Gamble, Don't even play them! The will throw a wobbler regardless of what happens. Maybe enter a few Tournaments in town.

> Singing - I'm sure Karaoke can be found no problem, practice those 3 chord tricks/songs out on the town

> Shagging is the least of you worries.

> Pole Dancing - I'm not sure of what western countries where this is considered a party trick, any time I have witnessed it nobody was impressed, especially the women, always be careful security will have mixed views on this activity. Seen some bad treatment in the past.

Good Luck

• 7 months later...

hi there, was wondering about learning the guitar in pattaya can you assist me.

simeski

There are music schools around the place. They're quite cheap if you join a class with Thai kids but naturally get more expensive if you want private lessons. Probably you best bet is to find a Thai musician who wants to earn some extra coin during the day. I don't know one but if I was looking I'd start by asking the Thai musos in the bars/clubs.

And in this day and age is it really necessary to have a teacher? Just go on YouTube and there are millions of instruction videos for free, just the same as having a teacher right there in front of you in your room.

This is great stuff, I used to still manage read/writing Thai lessons when I came here, but now I live here, its different!

contact maimeepanhaa about guitar lessons, he knows alot of muso's.

There are music schools around the place. They're quite cheap if you join a class with Thai kids but naturally get more expensive if you want private lessons. Probably you best bet is to find a Thai musician who wants to earn some extra coin during the day. I don't know one but if I was looking I'd start by asking the Thai musos in the bars/clubs.

And in this day and age is it really necessary to have a teacher? Just go on YouTube and there are millions of instruction videos for free, just the same as having a teacher right there in front of you in your room.

For a beginner I think lessons are important. Once a person reaches intermediate then they can teach themselves from Youtube vids.