Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

cabbages and condoms

If you really want to impress a lady, take her to cabbages and condoms restaurant, a very strange name granted, but well worth a visit. It,s a chainof restaurants set up as a health and education project by a chinese billionaire. The setting is fantastic the food and service excellent and surprisinly not as expensive as one would think, certainly alot better value than those over priced seafront places in Walking Street. located in the busy bees resort next to the asia pattaya hotel half way to jomtien. Don.t know the address just ask taxi for asia pattaya hotel. Most of it,s profits go to health and education projects in issaan.

Cabbages and Condoms is indeed a fine restaurant, but actually its not Chinese owned , but in fact a former Thai cabinet minister is the owner, Mechai Viravaidya, Mechai is the Thai nickname name for condoms. He also owns Sugar Hut in Pattaya

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechai_Viravaidya

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just stumbled upon a website about Cabbages and condoms... And of course for any information about Thailand I come straight to the source... And low and behold, already a post about it. I like going to obscure places like that. I will be visiting them and seeing hey, might even learn something haha.

good food, nice ambience. I've only been to the one in Pattaya, soi 12 off sukhumvit if i recall.

It is a good name. Thanks for the background. I saw that sign in BKK about a hundred times and always thought I should go in. A name is everything in restaurants I guess. Of course, if the food sucks it'll only be a one time visit.

Cabbages and Condoms is indeed a fine restaurant, but actually its not Chinese owned , but in fact a former Thai cabinet minister is the owner, Mechai Viravaidya, Mechai is the Thai nickname name for condoms. He also owns Sugar Hut in Pattaya

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechai_Viravaidya

I think that the Sugar Hut is in fact owned by Mechai’s younger brother: Dr Sanya Viravaidya, who is also founder of the Pattaya International Hospital and Consul of Sweden.

Anyway, I strongly recommend the C&C restaurant of Pattaya, I love their wonderful tropical garden and the amusing signs along the path. Take your time to read them.

The exact location is at the right end of Pratamnak Road Soi 4, opposite side of the Asia hotel.

I've heard of this before but didn't realise that there was one in Pattaya. Thanks for the heads up, will give it a try when I am out there!

I went there before Christmas and they had a life size father Christmas with hair and beard made from condoms standing in the entrance hall.

Also amused me to find two condoms with my check instead of the usual mints.

J

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity