IGNORED

About the AVIS car rental

charlesha

Technically, I am speaking out my ass with NO proof to support this post. :)

1. The two aren't the same.

AVIS.com is the International website of the Avis company.

AVISTHAILAND is the website of the FRANCHISE owner/operator participating in and using the AVIS system in the Thailand market. They can set the prices of their cars, and can submit pricing details as they wish to avis main.

2. I AM ONLY GUESSING! but I would bet that prices on avis.com would be higher than avisthailand. Anyone booking in a foreign country using avis.com would more likely have enough money to pay the higher rate. :)

3. You can RESERVE a car on the websites, but you won't be renting a car until you get here.

And finally,

I rented from AVIS one time because I needed a car for a few hours and it was important that I did it right then. It was more than twice what I paid when I rented from other companies, but was quick and easy.

If you really want to rent a car and save money ... try http://www.pattayacar-rent.com/

Owned by a foreigner, excellent service, quality cars, and low rates based on how long you will rent. We rented from them for over two months while we waited for our new car to be delivered. We turned the car in a few days earlier and received a REFUND of the pre-payment.

Hehehe your a brave man to want to drive in thailand unless you know it very well. I think I would crash in the first minute or so