IGNORED

Aussie tourist jumps to his death in Phuket

Benny10

Aussie tourist jumps to his death in Phuket

PHUKET: A distressed Australian tourist in Phuket jumped to his death from the sixth floor of a hotel in Patong today.

Marc Gerard Hoy, 34, had worried staff at the Bel Air Resort Phuket near Patong Hospital by behaving strangely when he checked in at 3am this morning.

A female hotel receptionist, who asked not to be named, told the Phuket Gazette that she discovered Mr Hoy sitting silently in the hotel reception in the early hours.

“I said ‘Hello’ to him a few times but he seemed drunk and a bit incoherent. I tried talking to him but he just stared fixedly at our security guard.”

Eventually, Mr Hoy replied to the receptionist and asked to check in. As he filled in the guest form, the hotel security guard, who also asked not to be named, noticed the handle of a small knife poking out at his waist.

Not long after Mr Hoy checked into his room, the security guard went to check on him as he was afraid something bad might be abrew.

“I saw him dancing on the balcony so I asked him to go back into the room,” said the guard.

Around 5:30am, a Chinese tour guide who had brought a tour group to stay in the hotel came down to tell the receptionist that he had seen a lot of blood on the sixth floor.

Staff were said to have immediately called Kathu Police, who came to the hotel together with Kusoldharm Rescue Foundation workers and officers from Patong Municipality’s Department of Disaster Protection and Mitigation (DDPM).

Mr Hoy, who was covered in blood, reportedly began throwing his bloody possessions off the balcony, including his passport and a key from another hotel where he had checked in the previous day.

He climbed over the railing and crept along balconies to the corner of the building while clinging to the bars.

Police attempted to persuade Mr Hoy to climb back inside the building but he refused.

DDPM officials placed a large inflatable cushion on the ground below the Australian.

After about three minutes, Mr Hoy jumped. On the way down his body hit the tin roof of a building below before hitting the cement floor, missing the cushion.

He died instantly, the receptionist said.

Mr Hoy’s body is being kept for examination at Patong Hospital.

Brought by Phuket GazetteSunday, June 26, 2011, 14:41 local time (GMT +7)

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Thats a weired one, usually these jumping to death stories have Thais involved but this guy seems to have really done it himself. Wonder what set him off, must be a Thai girl in the story somewhere, GF butterflying on him or something.

DDPM officials placed a large inflatable cushion on the ground below the Australian.

Not large enough apparently. Although perhaps it would have saved him had he not bounced off the tin roof first.

How can you tell if your wife is dead?

The sex is the same, but the dishes pile up.

I hope they checked that other room! Could be that something went very bad in the other hotel that led him to decide to do himself in. While I am ALWAYS sorry to hear that anyone has met their maker, I hope that his death is the only one in this story.

Not large enough apparently. Although perhaps it would have saved him had he not bounced off the tin roof first.

Credit to the guys for the attempt of saving his life.

In many other places they wouldn’t give damn whether a Farang jumps or not.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Fucking Aussies... But seriously this is a good thing this hotel done. It appears they've done everything one would expect of a hotel and even more

I wonder what it was that put the guy in this position. Maybe a TGF, maybe something from his Australian Life was blowing up around him.