Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Server not found

Paddy Od

For the past week I haven't been able to access the forum using my main isp, which is a Sprint aircard in Calif. Right now I on my phone, not my perfered method. Big.fingers on a touch screen sucks.

Any suggestions? i've been using the air card for 3 years and am not having any other access issues.

I had that problem last night and I thought that maybe the site was down doing the update.

But this morning it was business as usual.

Not sure if it is a problem your end or nit but if it is happening constantly then maybe it is.

Sorry I can not shed any extra light on the subject except to say it happens to me occasionally.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I am in LA area. I had a problem last night and assumed it was server maintenance. Logged on with no problem today.

Could be dns lookup. You should be able to change your primary and/or secondary dns servers. I believe google maintains a dns server with address 8.8.8.8

Retired

I've tried Firefoz, IE and chrome. It's been going on for a week now. Tried pm'ing laamok a couple of days ago but he hasn't responded yet. I really don't think its a pa's end, gotta be at my end

As I suggested, try going into your settings and changing your dns server. This is responsible for mapping a domain name to an Internet address.

Retired

I also had the same problem for a few days now. Today first time i can get in again. I did not try changing DNS servers, but did try a ping (using the DNS supplied IP) and that also failed.

I am on a TOT connection in Jomtien.

Scoot Experience Thailand - Electrical Mobility Car rentals

Call us at: +66 (0) 8 4701 5442

I got blocked for the last 2 days. Finally gave up and called my ISP. After several years on hold, they told me that they had no idea what I was talking about, as they didn't have internet access?????? I called again today and it turns out that there is a dns server in the UK that is fucked up.

My connection works flawlessly over my ADSL service,(Telus) but not over Shaw cable in Canada (The guys that use that DNS server.)

...and yes, I do have 2 internet connections at home just so I can prove to the boneheads that are so-called techs that It is in fact their fault)

If you do a tracert www.pattaya-addicts.com, you can see where it dies.

Same same for http://www.thaigers.com

I have had the same problem with Shaw in Canada. Have not been able to connect since Thursday. Right now, I am accessing through my work server and have no issues which is a different ISP.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to do with my home isp as I rather not connect to this site through work? I assume there is no point contacting my isp as they will say its in the routing and nothing they can do?

Edited by milhouse7

I have had the same problem with Shaw in Canada. Have not been able to connect since Thursday. Right now, I am accessing through my work server and have no issues which is a different ISP.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to do with my home isp as I rather not connect to this site through work? I assume there is no point contacting my isp as they will say its in the routing and nothing they can do?

Try using Googles DNS servers (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) for your connection. For instructions see: http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

I just tried the google dns thing, and it made no difference.

On the bonus side, I'm getting real good at swithing providers on the fly.

Just did a tracert while connected to Shaw using the google DNS settings and got this:

Tracing route to www.pattaya-addicts.com [93.189.106.209]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.2

2 9 ms 11 ms 7 ms 184.66.64.1

3 16 ms 15 ms 15 ms rd1cv-ge5-0-0-3.gv.shawcable.net [64.59.166.2]

4 42 ms 22 ms 19 ms rc1bb-pos4-0-0.vc.shawcable.net [66.163.77.185]

5 21 ms 19 ms 19 ms rc2wh-tge0-15-1-0.vc.shawcable.net [66.163.69.121]

6 33 ms 35 ms 35 ms rc2so-pos0-7-0-0.cg.shawcable.net [66.163.77.198]

7 52 ms 51 ms 51 ms 66.163.78.22

8 112 ms 86 ms 83 ms rc2ec-pos0-1-1-0.il.shawcable.net [66.163.77.246]

9 175 ms 175 ms 176 ms xe-2-1-0.bb1.ams1.nl.gbxs.net [195.69.144.63]

10 176 ms * 177 ms xe-3-1-0.bb1.lon2.uk.gbxs.net [193.27.64.82]

11 177 ms 175 ms 175 ms Vlan2.bb1.man2.uk.gbxs.net [193.27.64.114]

12 178 ms 175 ms 176 ms xe-3-3-0.bb1.man1.uk.gbxs.net [193.27.64.153]

13 184 ms 183 ms 203 ms ge-0-0-0.rt1.core.bg1.man.no-wires.co.uk [77.243.178.34]

14 * * * Request timed out.

15 * * * Request timed out.

16 * * * Request timed out.

17 * * * Request timed out.

18 * * * Request timed out.

19 * * * Request timed out.

Not sure if PA is using multiple IP's, but i get 93.189.106.161 as IP address for PA.

Now using the DNS server from my home ISP TTT (got internet again at home after being cut off for 2 weeks, don't you love it how quickly the thai resolve simple things as a broken router).

There are a few more things to try if you still have problems:

- If google DNS is also not working, then you can give OpenDNS a try.

- If all else fails, but you can do a ping of 93.189.106.161, then you could consider adding this to your computers "hosts" file, but remember to remove that line again once these issues are resolved.

Also you could test a bit more using:

nslookup pattaya-addicts.com <<DNS-Server IP>>

It will tell you what ip the DNS server reports for a given domain, leave out the DNS-Server IP to use your default DNS-Server.

Testing with nslookup, both my ISP, OpenDNS and Google's DNS-Server return the same IP: 93.189.106.161

I've had this trouble for the past 2 days now, I started thinking perhaps I upset somebody and got banned. I live in South Pattaya and use the apartment's free wifi. I ended up trying to get the forum using an online proxy which has worked, that's how come I'm here now, but using my regular links and browser I can't get the forum anymore. Hope this problem is over soon.

Well, don't know what changed but now (as in a few minutes ago) I can access the site again. I didn't change anything, couldn't as I wouldn't know what to do. I haven't tried any of the suggestions because I could only access PA using my phone.

I had the same problem since Sunday. Today is the first day I've been able to get the site to show up. I originally asked my friends if the website was down or if it was just me. They had no problems getting PA to load (they live a few states away) so I figured it was just me. Guess not... :unsure:

This problem should now be fixed.

Apologies to those effect with this, it was a problem with one of our routers and only effect 1 in every 10,000 connections so was a nightmare to track down.

Seems to work fine here with shaw cable now.

Lot of catching up to do though. (waaah poor me. <G>)

• 3 weeks later...

I keep getting similar issue. Keeps saying connection timeout. For me, Leave it alone for 30 mins and it seems to start working again. Maybe the server can't handle the load?

Iv had problems logging on to the forum from phone and PC all week

Perhaps it's something to do with this update that's on the way??

Perhaps mr Lamook can shed some light on this matter?

Posted Image

Been happening quite a lot last few days, o I manage to log on and maybe read a couple of posts then click for the next one and server gone away. I have just assumed that it's down to server load. Sometimes it is back a couple of minutes later, sometimes an hour or so

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

Same issue here, GOD WHATS WRONG!!?!!! WHATS WRONG!!!?!!! THE HUMANITY!!!...

...sorry about that, I do get excited sometimes... :D

I'm all shook up, uh uh uh, uh uh uh, oh yeah...

you know what they say

its not me honey

it is you

we broke the router :Hair_Out1:

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

I've had similar issues but use mostly wifi places here in the states. some (like the public lib) won't let you in. I have noticed it does seem to be associated with PA as when online, I still have access to all other web sites.

fyi

bert

Edited by philobert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

The symptos are very similar to the time recently when there was an intermittent fault in one of the routers. A near impossible thing to pin down

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire