IGNORED

Oman Air

tsamba

Hi All

Has anyone experience of oman air? are the good or bad? they have some good deals from Lhr. have to say pretty temped!!

Hi Tsamba. i Flew with them last September got a great price. They have a compleatly new fleet of planes and staff. The flight was good, the food excellent and the in flight entertainment great. Only niggles i had where the flight attendents all seemed to be learning on the job so service was not the best,that said they will have more experience now so that should not be a problem.

The other problem is Muscat airport, this has to be the smallest International airport ever.you can walk around the whole airport in 15 mins.so not good for a long stop over make sure you get small lay over times.

Would i fly with them again. Yes just watch the lay overs when booking.

Hope this helps.

Be Well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

Ooh good deals..do tell..what sort of prices are we talking and for when??

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

I flew with them at the end of March. All in all they were excellent but the end of March is when they switch to their summer flight schedule. five days before my departure my 2 hour stopover in Muscat became 16 hours due to the change and my flight home was a day later.

Aircraft was great with excellent service and food.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Ooh good deals..do tell..what sort of prices are we talking and for when??

About €580 from Lhr! pretty good plus i can get a cheap flight from shannon to Lhr!

Hi Tsamba. i Flew with them last September got a great price. They have a compleatly new fleet of planes and staff. The flight was good, the food excellent and the in flight entertainment great. Only niggles i had where the flight attendents all seemed to be learning on the job so service was not the best,that said they will have more experience now so that should not be a problem.

The other problem is Muscat airport, this has to be the smallest International airport ever.you can walk around the whole airport in 15 mins.so not good for a long stop over make sure you get small lay over times.

Would i fly with them again. Yes just watch the lay overs when booking.

Hope this helps.

Be Well Dave

lol...small airports are good for me! i get lost easy!!

I flew with them at the end of March. All in all they were excellent but the end of March is when they switch to their summer flight schedule. five days before my departure my 2 hour stopover in Muscat became 16 hours due to the change and my flight home was a day later.

Aircraft was great with excellent service and food.

i'l keep an eye on stopover times! did they put you up in hotel with a 16hr stop? or offer anything for the day later flight??

Edited by tsamba

i'l keep an eye on stopover times! did they put you up in hotel with a 16hr stop? or offer anything for the day later flight??

They put me up in a hotel on this occasion as it was them that changed the schedule. There were 4 lads who were normal cattle class and they just had the airport. Maybe they were a last minute booking ?

Good airport if you smoke.

Yep, the middle east know how to cater for the dying race... just love 'em places :GoldenSmile1:

If you are planning to return on a Sat or Sunday, there is a very long stopover, but weekday to weekday the stopover just about gives you time to get to the next plane.

London to Bangkok about £530 economy Sep/Oct time, heard nothing but good reports.

Business is attractive aswell at between £1350 and £1484, for fully flat seats, and chauffeur services at either end. Reviews on Skytrax rank it with the best.

All the planes are modern with full Avod, just check the stopover.

Best of luck.

Qatar and Kingfisher are both about £550 for the autumn, Both are "5*" airlines.

Kingfisher have short stopovers, but be very careful which Qatar flight you buy into, there are so many, some with very long stopovers

Qatar and Kingfisher are both about £550 for the autumn, Both are "5*" airlines.

Kingfisher have short stopovers, but be very careful which Qatar flight you buy into, there are so many, some with very long stopovers

Oman Air have great price for August/September to Bangkok, make sure you have correct dates.

Example: LHR depart 23rd August and return from BKK 15th September for only £474.83 GBP

LHR depart 22.35pm >> arrive Muscat at 09.00am>>>>>depart Muscat 10.10am arrive BKK at 19.15pm 1hr-10min stop-over

Return BKK Dep 09.05am>>arrive Muscat at 11.55am>>>dep Muscat 14.00pm arrive LHR at 19.05pm 2hr-5min stop-over

Can book direct with Oman Air or you can use Southall Travel for best prices.

Edited by Rainsberger

for the best prices i always use skyscanner. It will search all the airlines and agents. You can check exact dates a month or the full year. Qatar lhr to bkk 25th sept to 7th nov £510 at the moment. If you are looking at travelling sept or oct i would wait till next month as the deals bshould start coming in.

Be Well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

I went ahead and booked with oman air last night! 14th march 2012 return 4th april €588 from heathrow + €111 shannon to Lhr. so €699 all together! not too bad :D

Edited by tsamba

You should be pleased unless they mess about with the winter summer schedule again.

All in all an excellent airline.

I just booked oman air from heathrow, fly out 23 august, return 12 sept , cost me £ 494.33

You should be pleased unless they mess about with the winter summer schedule again.

All in all an excellent airline.

hopefuly not!! goin by their website its all ok!! :)

I just booked oman air from heathrow, fly out 23 august, return 12 sept , cost me £ 494.33

Thats a really good price on that!!

Did you book with Oman Air direct if not you could have saved another £20, booking with

them direct same dates is £474.83

Flew with Oman Air before and i fly with them again in December, In my opinion they are one of the better carriers, could not find any faults, Going from LHR to BKK in December for 60 days ... under £500 return.

Update.....Just booked my flight for December 2011 ... Heathrow to Muscat, 1hour.45mins stop then onto Bangkok. 60 days stay. return Bankok to Muscat, 1hour 30mins stop then on to Heathrow. Oman Airways

£499 return. been with Oman Air before ...same standard as Etihad... (compared with Jet Airways of which i thought was the worst of the three)

Edited by wallchips

<center><embed src="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/&clickLABEL=Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com&flashLABEL=Zoodu.com - Pimp Your Profile!&skin=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/skins/3d35.swf&text=LIFT%20OFF&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2011&month=11&day=7&hour=21&minute=25&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/">Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com</a></small></center>

• 3 weeks later...

Oman Air have great price for August/September to Bangkok, make sure you have correct dates.

Example: LHR depart 23rd August and return from BKK 15th September for only £474.83 GBP

LHR depart 22.35pm >> arrive Muscat at 09.00am>>>>>depart Muscat 10.10am arrive BKK at 19.15pm 1hr-10min stop-over

Return BKK Dep 09.05am>>arrive Muscat at 11.55am>>>dep Muscat 14.00pm arrive LHR at 19.05pm 2hr-5min stop-over

Can book direct with Oman Air or you can use Southall Travel for best prices.

i booked my flight with Oman Air direct off they web site..

same fight times as above, but different dates

out on Sept 7th

back Sept 23rd

£451 GBP

well happy with that price :Flying:

Dayo

Dayo...

A great airline all in all. Best in flight entertainment I've ever known.

However a warning to the wise, from my last trip:

They fly only once a day to LHR, at about 2pm. Due to a security issue the plane didn't arrive in Muscat from Bangkok on time, meaning a group of about thirty of us were stranded for 24 hours.

Due to a decent amount of negotiating on my part, myself and my friend ended up in quite a nice hotel (I guess 4*) with free dinner and breakfast as it was their fault. However, some of the other passengers I spoke to weren't so lucky.

Don't know how often it happens though, but just thought I'd share :)

Simplidate - Simply about the dating!

Hi All

Has anyone experience of oman air? are the good or bad? they have some good deals from Lhr. have to say pretty temped!!

I've flown with them twice, very good airline with good legroom in economy. If you have a stopover of around three hours, I'd recommend paying for the lounge, which you'll find on the lower floor after you go through security. Head for the duty free store, keep to the right hand side and take the escalator down and it's virtually behind you as you get to the bottom. You get 3 hours access for around £15, food and drinks as well as a sleeping area if you need it.

If you are planning to return on a Sat or Sunday, there is a very long stopover, but weekday to weekday the stopover just about gives you time to get to the next plane.

London to Bangkok about £530 economy Sep/Oct time, heard nothing but good reports.

Business is attractive aswell at between £1350 and £1484, for fully flat seats, and chauffeur services at either end. Reviews on Skytrax rank it with the best.

All the planes are modern with full Avod, just check the stopover.

Best of luck.

I have booked Business class for October (£1400), the chauffeur is only available on certain Classes ie p,f,j and c, but fast tracking is included at both ends.

So far my times have changed about 3 times from outbound in Muscat layover 1 hour to 16 hours now down to 1hour 10 minutes also return has changed for flight to go only 10 minutes later, hopefully this will be the last change

• 2 weeks later...

Oman air very good on a 1 to 10 scale i would give a 9 food good drink as much as u like never use any of the india airlines i would give them a 2