Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Amulet

Does someone know where I can buy a Thai amulet.

A friend of me asked and he want some. I know there are some Amulet market but I have never heard from one in Phuket

Look in the temples, all that stuff is for sale at stalls in the bigger temples.

Plenty of shops/stalls in Phuket town, next to Robinson and in the market area.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

• 3 weeks later...

Id stay with buying from temples. Especially if you are buying expencive and rare ones.

• 4 weeks later...

You can buy thai Amulet also on fair. When you want buy some expensive I recommend you see special catalogue. Some thai Amulets has price high as new car. These pieces is need buy together with several experts opinion.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 1 month later...

Go and have a look at the back of soi Made in Thailand. Behind the bars where the old fellas play snooker. I've got amulets from temples and the made into a necklace here. They also have a big range of amulets and charms.

Edited by jammasterjosh

Temples are your best bet, as already pointed out the bigger more important temples make their own and sell them at a stall/stalls along with other items. Prices start at 20-30Bt for small medal-like ones and then the price increases with size and value. Whenever I visit a famous temple anywhere in Thailand I often pick up a couple of these and give them to Thai friends.

• 3 weeks later...

You can ask from monks in temples or buy in temples, these are more valuable. the famous one can cost up to 1,000,000 USD

• 1 month later...

I think it depends on your budget, and what you intend with, or expect from the amulet

list these criteria to check what you are looking for;

Authenticity

Historic importance

New or ancient

type of amulet (monk coin, powder, metal, statuette, charms, talisman, takrut, deity?)

Religious significance

should it inspire you to have faith?

if so, look for what inspiures faith in you

magical power? or Buddhist object of faith and reverence, a reminder of keeping good conduct? or for protection? or wirldly benefits?

aesthetics - is the aesthetic beauty important?

Location - where do you lan to wear it and in what kind of places, what kind of lifestyle do you have?

which amulet fits with what you are seeking??

always seek out a reputable dealer, even if it costs a little more, a good dealer will guarantee authenticity or money back

Inform yourself and find out what the amulets you like are called, or study a monk who you feel faith towards and collect his amulet..

Decide what you seek and study a bit before you do so. Also knowing your budget is important

I recommend not to go for too cheap and not too expensive, Definitely dont spend a lot unless you know and trust the person selling you as fakes are so many

Read my Ezine 'Buddha Magic' - http://www.thailand-...category=419479