IGNORED

Does any one know what this means?

mnmn

Can any one tell me what "Choo tang jai" means? Not sure about the spelling but this is how it was spelt in an email to me.

my wife had a difficult time explaining this one to me ...

She said:

"It would be like having an affair with someone but only in the heart. In other words, I'm married and have a family, and there is someone that I like. But I will only be able to like them in my heart as I would never be able to do anything more about it because I already have a family."

Aye...Choo is generally name in Thai and Jai is heart..

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for the Night Wish group and The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.. I also run the weekly Newbie Wednesday meetup sessions at Sexy in the City on Soi 6. Sexy in the City is located across from Queen Victoria Inn. 

Can any one tell me what "Choo tang jai" means? Not sure about the spelling but this is how it was spelt in an email to me.

I had quite a discussion with my wife about that.

What I gathered is that it could mean that the sender of the email loves you with your whole heart, but can't be with you because i.e. she's already married, you are married or you are somewhere else far away etc. you get the drift.

choo in this context means "secret", so, her feelings are with you, but her body can't.

Thanks for bringing up this discussion ;-)

my wife had a difficult time explaining this one to me ...

She said:

"It would be like having an affair with someone but only in the heart. In other words, I'm married and have a family, and there is someone that I like. But I will only be able to like them in my heart as I would never be able to do anything more about it because I already have a family."

Agree

Aye...Choo is generally name in Thai and Jai is heart..

Chuu with a different spelling can mean affair. For example Jao Chuu which is a playboy.

So, can someone explain to me the fun in copy/pasting a 4 year old discussion from another messageboard (see the link that lespaul5000 gave)??

I must be getting old, because I don't really get it.

Ah well, I'll just sit back and relax, have a beer and wait and see who's gonna copy/paste the next part of that discussion :rolleyes:

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Ok, rather than start a new thread, I have a word I like to know the meaning of...

It is pronounced "gwentine" of something similar

I have been called this by several girls and I am guessing they are not insulting me by their body language at the time of using it, at least I hope not, can anyone enlighten me?

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

So, can someone explain to me the fun in copy/pasting a 4 year old discussion from another messageboard (see the link that lespaul5000 gave)??

I must be getting old, because I don't really get it.

Ah well, I'll just sit back and relax, have a beer and wait and see who's gonna copy/paste the next part of that discussion :rolleyes:

I think it's a game. Post something verbatim from another board then run a sweepstake on how long it takes for a link to the original to appear. So whoever held the 18 minute ticket, cleaned up.

Or he could be a twat

Edited by OleKingCole

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

Ok, rather than start a new thread, I have a word I like to know the meaning of...It is pronounced "gwentine" of something similarI have been called this by several girls and I am guessing they are not insulting me by their body language at the time of using it, at least I hope not, can anyone enlighten me?

Could be Guan Dteen: to bother people, be an anoyance, piss people off, something like that.

I think it's a game. Post something verbatim from another board then run a sweepstake on how long it takes for a link to the original to appear. So whoever held the 18 minute ticket, cleaned up. Or he could be a twat

LOL, the sweepstake idea is actually kinda funny. There'd be some people making some serious money here. My money is on your 2nd option though, maybe he is Guan Dteen as well :D

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Could be Guan Dteen: to bother people, be an anoyance, piss people off, something like that.

Thank you, this is very likely it, I just did a quick google search and there is mention of it being used in a softer more joke like form if used amougst friends, considering the girls that have used this to discribe me have known me you years and it was used at times we have been joking with each other, it would seem to fit.

Can anyone confirm for me that this can be used in a softer form when used amougst friends?

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

Yes, I hear "guan dteen" a lot amongst Thais, and my girlfriend uses it a lot as well. Sometimes it's used to describe someone who is looking for trouble, who has an face or attitude that is confrontational in manner, etc. and sometimes or mainly used to describe someone who likes to poke, tease, annoy, or be sarcastic. So, the bargirs are probably not using it in the first sense with you--unless you're being an ass in the bar and like to cause trouble.