IGNORED

Mercure Hotel

ag1717

I was my first time in Pattaya and since I only get vacation time once a year, I tend to spoil myself a little bit more by staying at nicer places. The Mercure is a pretty new hotel with 4 star service. I paid around 1600 Baht per night and would recommend that hotel to any mongers who want nicer accommodations. The rooms were excellent and it's the first hotel I've been in to my life where they supplied the condoms... :Dance1:

118613-9526.jpg

I've also read that the hotel charges 500 Baht if you bring someone home with you for the night. I got around that by e-mailing the GM of the hotel directly and asked him if he would wave it the joiners fee for me if I were to book a 5-6 night stay. The GM was more than willing to do that for me and took care of me by getting me a room with a nice pool view on the 6th floor. There was nothing nicer than coming back to the hotel and hanging out with your girl on the balcony having another cocktail over-looking the pool area in the middle of the night.

118613-9527.jpg

The only drawback is the Mercure hotel is located in middle of Soi 15, which can be kinda dangerous or scary at night to walk. But the hotel offers a free 24 hour Tuk Tuk service that takes you to their terminal right on 2nd Pattaya Road so there's no need to walk it at all. Best of all, it was a 5-10 min walk to Walking Street from the Mercure Tuk Tuk terminal.

Edited by ag1717

AG1717, Completely agree: Stayed last year and will be staying for 2 weeks this year. Good spot with excellent facilities. The free tpt is a nice touch as that walk is is a little warm for first timers. The security takes very good care of you as well. Cheers Wolfy

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

very nice hotel,nice view,

but if u ask me for the same price i take a 500bth room and spend the rest on a even nicer view.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I stayed there last year and it was great, but they are getting more expensive so I am looking for something around 1000bt a night

Do they have internet in the rooms? For that price some places do.

They did have internet in the rooms, but you had to pay for time... that was one of the drawbacks about that hotel.